The last movie you watched was...? (take five)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ken_McAlinden, Dec 8, 2014.

1. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Interesting. There's a show on here in the US that shows the daily workings of the zoo. Sometimes heartbreaking, often amusing and downright interesting. I will keep an eye out for this.

Rick Bartlett likes this.
  2. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    :edthumbs:

Cool film!
    Could have used more Anne Francis (more! More!) but still a totally great picture!

Larry Mc and Vaughan like this.
  3. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

I last saw THE ART OF WAR (2000) on VHS :) (Recorded from analogue cable (PPV))

4. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Quite possibly the absolute worst movie I've ever seen; Godzilla (2014)! Made the Matthew Broderick tale seem like Citizen Kane!;) The game plan is for the next one to be a King Kong vs. Godzilla flick. This will surely kill any forward momentum the Kong franchise has at this point. Except, of course, in the orient where they've loved all-things-Godzilla 4ever!

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

6. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

I borrowed it from the library, having never even heard of it. The way they use and respect the animals
    too (CGI?), I'm not sure, but it's most convincing if it is.
    It was good to watch something without swearing, dirty scenes etc.
    Something in the line of the family 'Disney' classics.
    Great casting as well.

7. Dulzaina

Dulzaina Active Member

No Country For Old Men - Seen it before and really enjoy it. Great movie and an excellent book.

Buttercup Bill - Really liked this movie. Had a great edge to it that let off an interesting atmosphere.

Larry Mc likes this.
  8. vinyl_puppy

vinyl_puppy Forum Resident

Papi Chulo

9. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Forum Resident

I saw Imitation Of Life, from 1959, for the first time ever.
    I'm emotionally wiped out from it.
    A sprawling, incredible epic of a movie. I mean the first 40-50 minutes seemed like one movie, and then the rest it changed so much... (not unlike a scope in a movie like Giant)
    Starred Lana Turner, who was surely great in it, but it was Juanita Moore that gave the best performance in my mind.

LilacTeardrop and Larry Mc like this.
  10. Rick Bartlett

Also recently saw 'Vertigo' the 1958 film.
    Pretty heavy for it's day i'd say.
    Great colours and filmography for sure.
    Strange film, might need to re-watch to really appreciate it.

G E, vapor minor and mBen989 like this.
  11. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

[​IMG]

A fantastic movie, albeit with a weak finale. Still, the journey is magical.

MadMelMon likes this.
  12. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Amazing soundtrack.

Jimmy B. and Andrew Furlong like this.
  13. Somewhat Damaged

Somewhat Damaged Forum Resident

If you like The Devil Rides Out I very highly recommend seeing The Love Witch (2016). It is like a companion piece that has been stylised directly after The Devil Rides Out.

The Love Witch (2016) - IMDb

Vaughan likes this.
  14. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

Brightburn. Thought it was great! Needs a sequel.

mBen989 likes this.
  15. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer!

Lazy, day-off double feature:

"The Package" (2018)
    Disaster strikes five teens on a camping/drinking weekend when one of the group accidentally cuts his (ahem) thang off while playing with a knife. Once he's been Medivac'd away, his friends have twelve hours to find their pal's missing member and get it to the hospital so it can be re-attached. Obviously, they will encounter a series of wacky obstacles and have various misadventures along the way.

...soooooo yeah, basically this ultra-raunchy teen comedy is a 90 minute series of d**k jokes.

I rolled my eyes at my 16 year old son when he recommended this Netflix original to me (he saw it at a friend's house and came home like, "Oh my GOD, Dad, you GOTTA see this movie, it's SOOOOO funny!").... and yeah, it was gross, tasteless, and dumb as a box of rocks... but I can't lie, dammit, I laughed out loud quite a few times at this thing. This is the kind of "***** movie" that works best with your brain turned off, and a few beers in you.

"Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil" (2011)
    A pair of hillbilly buddies take a weekend trip to their remote mountain fishing cabin, which soongoes horribly wrong after an encounter with some college kids who've seen too many horror movies. Mayhem ensues.
    A very funny, very gory spoof that takes every cliche' of the "backwoods horror" genre and turns them all upside down. Tons of silly fun.

16. Borgia

Borgia Forum Resident

I just watched 1961' s The Misfits. What a cast. It was Gable and Monroe's last movie. It also starred Montgomery Clift & Eli Wallach. Quite enjoyable.

[​IMG]

G E likes this.
  17. mBen989

mBen989 Forum Resident

18. Rick Bartlett

19. MadMelMon

MadMelMon Forum Resident

One of the very few times the film lives up to the artwork.

Saw this yesterday. One of those documentaries where you can go in knowing absolutely nothing about the subject but get immediately sucked in anyway.

[​IMG]

20. Rick Bartlett

Great on so many levels.
    Great colour, beautifully filmed and it's a film with Gene Kelly and Judy Garland.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Andrew Furlong

Andrew Furlong Active Member

Being There
    Harold and Maude

unclefred and Jimmy B. like this.
  22. Somewhat Damaged

Somewhat Damaged Forum Resident

Last week I watched:

Being There (1979) - a classic
    What About Bob? (1989) - better than the sum of its very good individual parts
    The Man Who Knew Too Little (1997) - very, very, very underrated Bill Murray comedy
    Le Dîner de Cons AKA The Idiot Dinner (1998) - the American remake is truly dire

I call this my idiot trilogy (sic). I can't watch one without the others. I love movies about clueless people accidentally getting the better of smarter, more aware people. If you have any recommendations concerning this subject matter please tell me.

unclefred likes this.
  23. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

24. longdist01

longdist01 Forum Resident

The Great Buster Keaton : A Celebration (Blu-Ray) 2019

Jimmy B. likes this.
  25. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    The original, from 1951. Still a masterpiece to me.

Vaughan and Tim S like this.