The last movie you watched was...? (take five)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ken_McAlinden, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

Mary Poppins dvd

2. zonkaraz

zonkaraz Forum Resident

Swing Time (1936) Fred and Ginger

DetroitDoomsayer likes this.
  3. King Cohen - on Shudder - a documentary about Larry Cohen, New York producer, screenwriter and director. I’ve always enjoyed Q and The Stuff, and it’s impressive to see this and realize just how prolific he was. He also seemed like a genuinely nice guy with a deep love of the movies.

Midsommar - in the theater - A vacation derails into a bizarre nightmare initiation into a cult. Graphic at points and thoroughly weird, I liked it, perhaps a bit more than Hereditary which had me enthralled for 90% of its run time and lost me at the end. Here the whole film seemed cut from the same cloth.

4. Dream On

Dream On Forum Resident

Watched it yesterday. Thought it was a great film and enjoyed it a lot. Even with the most annoying actress ever (Rosie Perez).

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Days Of Thunder

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  6. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Forum Resident

Crumb - Informative, interesting,
    fascinating, sad & weird.
    [​IMG]

7. Borgia

Borgia Forum Resident

I watched three over the weekend..
    Angela's Ashes-I watched it years back when it first came out. It's an emotional movie. Very good.
    Gone With the Wind-I've never sat and watched the whole movie, so I did Sunday. It was good. I'm glad I watched it.
    Galveston- A crime thriller with Ben Foster as a hit man on the run from his crime boss who has set him up for the kill. Not too bad.
    I lied, I watched four. The Old Man & the Gun. Pretty good performances all the way around.

8. steveharris

steveharris Forum Resident

Ace Ventura Pet Detective,I have not seen this movie since it came out in the theaters,it seemed even funnier now.I couldn`t have laughed this much back then.

Greg Gee likes this.
  9. Scope J

Scope J Forum Resident

10. Dr_Robt

Dr_Robt Member

Cooties. Meh.

11. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    Criss Cross, from 1949. My first ever Yvonne DeCarlo movie.
    I'd only known her from The Munsters before this; I'm surprised I didn't think of seeing one of her movies sooner.
    She's so beautiful.
    Very good film noir movie with Burt Lancester, him being in it made it an easy choice for me to see as my first of her, he's always excellent.
    With Dan Duryea, it may take me a while to watch Mr. Denton On Doomsday again. (all I'd seen him in or known him from, from The Twilight Zone)

12. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Assimilate (2019)

Hm. If you want a modern remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, then here it is. It adds nothing to the previous two classic (the original, and the version done in the 70's), and in fact is pretty tame, grabbing little of the subtexts because this one is led by a group of teens getting ready for college. It's well made, the actors are okay, but the reality is there's no reason to watch this over the other versions.

13. razerx

razerx Who me?

I watched Spiderman: Homecoming last night. I had not read anything about it so was surprised when Michael Keaton turned up and as birdman no less. Casting Keaton kind of took me out of the movie for a while to scream in a thick Japanese accent: “Birdman 3?” Keaton is the best thing in the movie as usual.

14. kevin

kevin Forum Resident

For All Mankind[documentary on the Apollo 11 moon landing etc] on Blu ray

15. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Glad I saw it, but I never want to see it again. Deeply disturbing

Greg Gee likes this.
  16. Klute and Shazam (4K).

17. Michael

yes, she is so beautiful!

Jimmy B. likes this.
  18. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

The Hateful Eight.

19. Michael

White Man's Burden...

20. Michael

have you checked out the extended version on Netflix?

21. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    I love Ed Wood; I've seen it many times over the years; I even found myself remembering a lot of lines.
    Martin Landau especially was superb in this.

Greg Gee, Pinknik and Tim S like this.
  22. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

I miss when Tim Burton was really focused and on top of his game.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  23. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Forum Resident

Max Payne with Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis.

Loved the look of it but it could have flowed better.

24. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

[​IMG]

So, a Ray Bradbury adaptation. Honestly, it's not aged well. I'd say it's average, but not an essential watch.

I do have to say though, it got off to a bad start because of a scene toward the start of the movie. Steiger is talking to a young man, and he then takes off his shirt to show he is covered in illustrations. The young man is awe struck, can't believe what he's seeing, says he's never seen anything like it. I laughed out loud. You can see worse on any street corner in 2019. I mean, at the end of the day, the guy has a tattoo. Hello, people are cutting their tongues, have impants to give them horns, tattooing their faces, tattooing their eyes, hands, inside their ears and lips. Hell, some people have REMOVED their ears!

So yeah, this didn't translate well. A curiosity at this point, I think.

Somewhat Damaged likes this.
  25. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident