The last movie you watched was...? (take five)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ken_McAlinden, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

[​IMG]

Young Adult with the director's commentary. Didn't learn that much except they cut out lots of drinking because the director didn't want the character's weirdness dismissed as alcoholism and all the incidental music in shopping centres was muzak versions of grunge classics.

Pinknik, Group of One and vapor minor like this.
  2. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

Saw it at the cinema.
    Couldn't really get into this one.

NightGoatToCairo and Karnak like this.
  3. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Senior Member

Last night I watched The Wrong Man again on Blu-ray (Henry Fonda and the great Vera Miles).

Tonight I watched King Creole on DVD for the first time in many years.
    [​IMG]
    Really a great film. Truly fine acting by Elvis; incredible presence just watching him up there...
    a pretty dark film too.

4. HenryH

HenryH Forum Resident

I thought it was quite a fascinating film. Part of it was the telling of a true story, and partly the execution of the film making. There isn’t a definitive narrative to the film, which I think seems to be an issue for some people. It’s really just a three sided perspective of the events surrounding the event.

MothMonsterMan and Karnak like this.
  5. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo Senior Member

I saw it awhile back at home. I remember somewhat enjoying it, but beyond that I don't remember a thing about it (not sure what that means!)

6. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Senior Member

A Summer Place (1959), starring Sandra Dee and Troy Donahue.
    I thought it was great.

7. vapor minor

vapor minor Wrong number

Watched these two yesterday...

Blue Note Records: Beyond The Notes (2019)
    trailer

Hansa Studios: By The Wall 1976-90 (2018)
    trailer

moomoomoomoo likes this.
  8. peopleareleaving

peopleareleaving Forum Resident

The very sweet, Peanut Butter Falcon.

9. Andy Smith

Andy Smith Forum Resident

Jan & I thoroughly enjoyed the film ‘Last Christmas’ (based on the old Wham! hit). Bit obvious, but a nice non-demanding Xmas rom-com.
    The ‘new’/never-released George Michael song at the end is a bit rubbish. Disappointing, but it’s the only thing about the film that is.
    It's sweet. As it's made by Brits they don't clog the film with touristy London shots. It's not rushed. Well paced. Some giggles. No sign of fake-bloody-snow, just wet drizzly streets. Music's great, naturally, and you come out of the cinema with that warm fuzzy Xmas feeling. We'll see it again.

brownie61 likes this.
  10. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

[​IMG]

RollingStones ~ Four Flicks (disc 4) The Stones play the Paris Olympia 14 'new' songs 8 'classics'. Extras: 'Select a Stone' video of Angie, Solomon Burke gives Jagger a robe, backstage pass and 2 minutes on the venue.

Grand_Ennui and Jimmy B. like this.
  11. Karnak

Karnak "81-82-83-84..."

Plenty - Streep, Ullman, Dance-on Anchor Bay VHS, 1985.
    [​IMG]

12. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

"Sheik" Iron Sheik documentary

13. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Santa's Slay...

MartyTem likes this.
  14. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Senior Member

The new Blu-ray released today by Shout Factory of Rock 'n' Roll High School!
    [​IMG]
    New 4K scan looks incredible. Steelbook packaging. I waited so long for this to come out. Love it.
    One of two rock and roll Shout! Factory Blu-rays released today. Was glad Amazon shipped them yesterday not today as originally stated.

15. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Frozen...not Disney.

16. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo Senior Member

I've been trying to make it through "The Night Holds Terror" #5 in Parker blu box #2 & I'm still only 13 minutes through. The bad guys are just too evil for me. I'll give it another try or 2, but I may skip this one, as much as I hate doing that with something I bought. Fpr what it's worth, IMBD gives it a 6.2 of 10.

17. MisterNines

MisterNines Distinguished Member in Residence

18. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Is that a new release? I've never heard of it before... Looks like it'd be worth finding...

Not really a movie, but the last thing I watched on DVD was "The Rolling Stone-Rock and Roll Circus"...

19. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

It's a four DVD set from 2004. The first disc is a documentary about the world tour, and the other discs are an arena show, a stadium show and a theatre show from that tour.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  20. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Senior Member

Chuck Berry Hail! Hail! Rock 'n' Roll on Blu-ray.
    [​IMG]

mBen989, Pinknik and Grand_Ennui like this.
  21. Grand_Ennui

Ah, okay... Thank you.

22. Duke Fame

Duke Fame Sold out the Enormodome

23. Veggie Boy

Veggie Boy still trudgin'

Christmas movies have sunk to a new low for me.

Over the last week I watched a couple Melissa Joan Hart Christmas movies. I mean these were bad, like Melissa called up some unemployed or retired friends and asked them to show up for a weekend to make a movie for a quick buck. Stories and sub-plots were scattered and poorly written and felt like like the actors were handed a script the night before shooting. Hallmark Christmas movies come across as well acted major productions in comparison. The only redeeming thing for me was in satisfying a "Where are they now" curiosity. Sadly I watched them right through anyway.

A Very Merry Toy Store (2017)

[​IMG]

Christmas Reservations (2019)

[​IMG]

24. Grand_Ennui

I never knew this existed... I've seen (and liked) the original "Supersize Me" so this looks like it'd almost be a must-see...

25. Duke Fame

Duke Fame Sold out the Enormodome

I liked it. The original was good too, but I'd say the 2nd one was better. The first was based on a "no ****" premise, replace McDonald's with Jack Daniel's and you see what I mean. The 2nd one was just as fun to watch but the premise was far more interesting.

Grand_Ennui likes this.