The last movie you watched was...? (take five)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ken_McAlinden, Dec 8, 2014.

1. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

A River Runs Through It

pool_of_tears and Nice Marmot like this.
  2. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

A Poem is a Naked Person. In 1973 Leon Russell and manager Denny Cordell commissioned filmmaker Les Blank to shoot a documentary about Leon. Les, of course, filmed a building imploding, a revival meeting, a wedding, a man drinking a beer then eating the glass, a tractor pull. Willie Nelson, George Jones and a snake eating a chicken. Best bit: Leon is hired by Eric Anderson to play an organ solo but is ambushed by the film crew.

longdist01 likes this.
  3. MikaelaArsenault

4. That's Mr. Foghat

That's Mr. Foghat Forum Resident

longdist01 likes this.
  5. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo Senior Member

Curse Of The Faceless Man (1958) 5/10

Another poverty row release with no known actors from the recent Kino blow out sale. Basically another spin off of Karloff's The Muumy.
    Supposedly takes place in Italy, but all the Italian actors have Spanish accents!

For what I paid it's not the end of the world, but regular price is $30. I would feel ripped off beyond belief if I'd paid that. Even the $7 I paid was too much......

[​IMG]

6. MikaelaArsenault

The Terminator

jhm likes this.
  7. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

8. schugh

schugh Forum Resident

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (4K UHD)

9. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Leave Her To Heaven (1945).
    Gee what a sweet woman.

My second time watching it. Good movie.........

10. moomoomoomoo

I wasn't aware of this one. Looked it up on IMDB & it sounds interesting.

MikaelaArsenault and Jimmy B. like this.
  11. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Watched Two For the Road on TCM. Did not enjoy it at all, though after I persisted past the first half-hour, I did get what it was about.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  12. moomoomoomoo

House On Carroll Street (1987) 7/10

The last blu-ray from my big Kino sale purchase (I still have 1 dvd & a blu-ray from the sale before this to watch!) & by far the best. Stars Kelly McGillis & Jeff Daniels. Noir (in color??) set in post WW2 1950 or so. Very well done. I don't believe I can share much more without breaking rules about politics (which irritates me, but I'll follow the rules).

[​IMG]

13. ziggytvs

ziggytvs Forum Resident

The Bling Ring (2013) :shake:

[​IMG]

14. MikaelaArsenault

15. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway Forum Resident

Auch Zwerge haben klein angefangen (Werner Herzog - 1970)

[​IMG]

LeBon Bush and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  16. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Other Music (2019) Three guys are working for Mr Kim in a video shop in NYC when they get the brilliant idea to quit and start a record store across the road from Tower Records. Twenty years later they decide it's time to shut up shop. Much better than it sounds. Lots of random people talking about records for 90 minutes.

17. brownie61

brownie61 Forum Resident

I spent so much time and money in Other Music over the years. I contributed to the Kickstarter campaign that helped this film get made! I’m glad someone on the other side of the world can appreciate this film. :)

18. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The first ten minutes were getting me down and I didn't know how it was going to run for 90 minutes but as soon as the guys are interviewed on the radio and the backstories start it's unmissable. I wished it went for another hour.

19. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

I know I'm going to regret this evening even more in the years to come.

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas (1998): I have seen this so often as a teen. Laughed my *** off every time. It was one of the coolest films my mind had known back then.

Tonight, a local cinema reopened and showed this to kick off business again. At first, it felt as good as ever. Then, I slowly began to feel different. And by the time I got out of the cinema, I was horrified. This wasn't the over-the-top carnage I remembered. This was a frightening swansong to the American Dream, a movie so insane and deep I couldn't bear it anymore. Seriously, I don't think I can ever watch this again. Some scenes were just too real while others, when put in context, revealed some of the darkest sides of human existence.

20. MikaelaArsenault

Catch Me If You Can (2002)

longdist01 likes this.
  21. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

The Macintosh Man (Paul Newman)

Excellent. Recommendation from someone here--thanks!

22. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Kiss Of Death (1947).
    Pretty good drama. Not "noir" to me.
    Widmark's debut.
    First time I saw it I thought his voice was overly affected, but maybe the sound on you tube made it worse.
    Saw it via Blu-ray this time (the worst cover in the world from Twilight Time, a spoiler of a scene,
    which last time, the first time I saw it, I found one of the most brutal scenes in movies ever, or something to that effect)

Good dramatic acting in this by Victor Mature.
    Absolutely terrible title for this movie. It just does not fit this.

23. razerx

razerx Who me?

Police Story 3: Super Cop

It’s on a Tarantino list of best action films from the 90’s. Stars Jackie Chan and Michelle Yeoh. The action sequence from the last 20 minutes is unbelievable even compared to the MI or Bond films.

24. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot Nothin’ feels right but doin’ wrong anymore

A Million Ways To Die In The West (2014)

25. MikaelaArsenault