The last movie you watched was...? (take five)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ken_McAlinden, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Forum Resident

2. Kaskade10729

3. egor

egor Forum Resident

Dragons Forever - 1988

Delightful stuff.

jhm likes this.
  4. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Senior Member

I saw another movie that was all too much about these times, this dystopian nightmare,
    another based on a book of course:
    [​IMG]
    A Ray Bradbury one.
    Fahrenheit 451, from 1966.
    Very good movie, excellent at times.
    Saw it on you tube; hope to see it in better quality one day, was still glad to be able to.

5. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

6. Solaresque

Solaresque Forum Resident

America, America

7. MikaelaArsenault

Death of a Cheerleader

8. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

Saturday Night Movie Night was "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House" 1948 with Cary Grant and Myrna Loy. Extremely entertaining and funny.

A man and his wife decide they can afford to have a house in the country built to their specifications. It's a lot more trouble than they think.

Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (1948) - IMDb

That's Mr. Foghat likes this.
  9. Bit late with this one. It's been on Sky Cinema for a few weeks but only just got around to seeing it (Alone. Wife hates zombie movies)
    It made me laugh. Australians make GREAT films.

[​IMG]

There's a very lovely (Neil Diamond) 'Sweet Caroline' scene, and I bet when Taylor Swift wrote 'Shake It Off' she never envisaged its use for fending off the undead.

10. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Forum Resident

House Of 1,000 Corpses (2003)

Haven't seen this since back when it first came out on videotape in the earlier 00's. Rob Zombie's directorial debut--I see lots of people crap on this movie, and Zombie himself has written it off as flawed. But I think it's pretty great--a mashup of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Natural Born Killers with lots thrown in between. Amusing cast (including Walter Goggins as a Sheriff's deputy), and tons of garish gore. Bill Moseley just about steals the movie here as Otis, much like he did as Chop Top in Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2.

This makes me want to go on and rewatch the sequel The Devils Rejects (though the threequel in this series, 3 From Hell from 2019, was pretty lousy).

11. SteveRes

SteveRes Forum Resident

12. Kaskade10729

13. Kaskade10729

14. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

Excellent!
    [​IMG]

15. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

The Devil-Doll on Svengoolie

This one is kinda fun. Two men escape prison. One is out for revenge, having been wrongly imprisoned. The other is a scientist who has found a way to shrink living beings down to 1/6 their normal size. Unfortunately, once shrunk, the creatures (and later people) can’t think for themselves, but can be controlled by the thoughts of another. At some point, the scientist’s wife and the con out for vengeance head to Paris to exact his revenge, using tiny people to perpetrate the crimes. Watch Lionel Barrymore (Mr. Potter in It’s a Wonderful Life) in drag as a Parisian doll maker, selling lifelike “dolls” to his foes. Watch the “dolls” do his bidding. I need to watch it at some point on DVD or blu-ray, but I was entertained.

Tim S likes this.
  16. David Fischer

David Fischer Forum Resident

Starting the Christmas movies early!

longdist01 and Michael like this.
  17. Platterpus

Platterpus Forum Resident

18. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Did he learn how to shrink people during his time in prison or was he in prison for shrinking people. I wonder what the charges would be on that.

19. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

Scream (1996)

For some bizarre reason, 5Star decided to air Scream 2 and 3 before the first one. They'll probably air the fourth one next. I'll never understand the logic behind it.

20. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Good question. He was working on it before prison, but I’d have to watch again to find out the charges.

Tim S likes this.
  21. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

@Kaskade10729 I like good gifs as much as the next guy, but I think spurting headless corpses and exploding eyeballs, and stuff like that is a bit much.

I get that it's only a movie, and when I'm choosing to watch a movie like that, no problem - just casually running into images like these on a forum thread is a bit different.

Grand_Ennui, HorseyAnn and Jimmy B. like this.
  22. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yea, we need the Christmas lift! ; )

David Fischer and longdist01 like this.
  23. John Lloyd

John Lloyd Forum Resident

The Lives of Others

Kundera the joke. likes this.
  24. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

The Christmas Chronicles...

MikaelaArsenault and longdist01 like this.
  25. MikaelaArsenault

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off on CBS

Grand_Ennui and David Fischer like this.