Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

The last movie you watched was...? (take five)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ken_McAlinden, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

Backstreet Boys Show Em' What You're Made Of

[​IMG]

2. MrEWhite

MrEWhite Forum Resident

Just watched the full trilogy of the Back to the Future films in 4k. Looks fantastic and holds up as well as they always have :D

3. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

[​IMG]

Childhood favorite. I had a huge crush on Lea Thompson due to Howard The Duck and Back To the Future.

Pinknik and moomoomoomoo like this.
  4. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo Senior Member

Me too, though I was a teen.

5. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Forum Resident

6. Borgia

Borgia Forum Resident

The Quarry, with Michael Shannon and Shea Whigham. A drifter (Shea) on the run in south Texas kills a preacher who gives him a lift. He goes to the small town the preacher was heading to to start his new church gig and basically takes over the guy's identity, attempting to preach to the mostly Hispanic congregation. The town police chief (Shannon) grows suspicious of him. Not bad.

[​IMG]

7. Kaskade10729

I rented The Quarry when it came out; meh.

8. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

Borat 2. Excellent movie.

Grampire likes this.
  9. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

10/10 film

10. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

And don't forget Caroline in the City, her wardrobe 0n that was yummy

11. Kaskade10729

I remember Thompson looking quite yummy and edible in that film with Andrew Dice Clay...what was it called...Casual Sex I think?

I, too, proclaim a crush on her when she was in Back to the Future...as hot as she was, I kept thinking "Damn, Michael J....that's your MOM......and even though she's hitting on you as a teen, you can't do it......." :p:cool::shh:

12. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo Senior Member

And "Casual Sex". That thought with Ms Thompson.....................

The Panda likes this.
  13. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Nick Cave: An Idiot's Prayer. Alone in Alexandra Palace (2020) Nick Cave has based most of this century on Count Duckula from the old Danger Mouse cartoon. He's a vampire who wants to stop his evil ways and become a light entertainer. Nick has tried singing with pop stars, recording at Abbey Rd, writing novels. having the sleeve notes for his Greatest Hits album written by top of the table academics, writing film scores and scripts but in the end he's still a vampire. In this (fantastic) film he's got reams and reams of lyrics, a grand piano and an empty palace. The vampire Nick wants to trash the place but all the light entertainer Nick can do is leave discarded lyric sheets all over the immaculate wooden floor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Separated at birth.

brownie61 likes this.
  14. AndrewK

AndrewK Forum Resident

yeah The Lodge is pretty creepy and unsettling, with nice tense atmosphere

I also watched Children of a Lesser God (1986), seen it years ago and decided to watch again. Good romance drama.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    zakyfarms likes this.
  15. Kaskade10729

Yeah, just mentioned her in Casual Sex...

16. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

ever indeed! chilling!

Jimmy B. and Max_Renn83 like this.
  18. Michael

I have to say it was different, but we enjoyed it nevertheless. : )

19. rockerreds

rockerreds Forum Resident

The Secret Garden (2020)

HorseyAnn likes this.
  20. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

Not sure I should admit this but I just saw the best Rom-Com today called "Rumor Has It" (Directed by Rob Reiner). Just landed on it after turning on my TV this afternoon and got sucked in. They really do need to give these kind of movies a better title because I remember seeing the trailer back in 2005 and thought these fine actors are having a hard time finding work if they have to settle for a Rom-Com which I've never been a fan. But this one has a very interesting plot surrounding another great movie, "The Graduate".

[​IMG]

I mean really! Does that poster make you want to go see that movie. It looks like all the others. Boy was I wrong. It's pretty good.

21. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over, My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

In Good Company
    Cast: Dennis Quaid, Topher Grace, Scarlett Johansen, Marg Helgenberger, David Paymer, Clark Gregg & more.
    Drama/Comedy.
    [​IMG]
    "After years of working as an ad executive at a sports magazine, Dan Foreman (Dennis Quaid) is demoted and replaced with Carter Duryea (Topher Grace), a rising star in the business world who is young enough to be Dan's son. Carter's business style leaves Dan shaking his head and wondering if the young man is ready for the corporate world. Dan's life is further complicated when he learns his wife is pregnant and Carter is dating his daughter, Alex (Scarlett Johansson)."
    I enjoyed the 1st time viewing it & again. :thumbsup:

David Fischer likes this.
  22. Kaskade10729

^^^Recently sold this DVD because we didn't watch it anymore...

23. Kaskade10729

24. Platterpus

Platterpus Forum Resident

Poltergeist II (1986)

25. Michael

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning