Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

The last movie you watched was...? (take five)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ken_McAlinden, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

2. Train to Busan

Pretty good zombie flick.

Pinknik and Jazzmonkie like this.
  3. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

Greenland (2020)
    [​IMG]

4. Staxus

Staxus Senior Member

Watched last night.......
    [​IMG]

PapaMuerte, Max_Renn83 and jhm like this.
  5. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Senior Member

That's a wonderful movie.
    This world needs a Dr. Lao now

MAYBEIMAMAZED and Max_Renn83 like this.
  6. Borgia

Borgia Forum Resident

I think I passed this one by all these years because I'm not a huge Jimmy Stewart fan. I finally got around to watching it and enjoyed it immensely. A great western.

[​IMG]

7. Max_Renn83

Max_Renn83 Senior Member

I love it as well. That being said, has there ever been a movie couple with less screen chemistry than Dudley Moore and Liza Minnelli? It’s simply nonexistent, yet the movie is excellent in spite of this usually fatal flaw.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  8. Max_Renn83

Max_Renn83 Senior Member

Powerful, grim, ultraviolent and woefully unsung, Across 110th Street (1972) is an absolute classic of ‘70s crime cinema.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    Purple Jim and Morpheus like this.
  9. MAYBEIMAMAZED

MAYBEIMAMAZED Don't think Twice it's alright

I know it's one of my favorites it has such a nice message throughout the movie and the ending never gets old...

Jimmy B. likes this.
  10. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

11. Morpheus

Morpheus Forum Resident

Godfather II was showing on FX irrc, and got sucked in again. There were so many commercials though I stuck in my copy of the DVD to finish it.

Max_Renn83 and jason88cubs like this.
  12. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Forum Resident

13. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Senior Member

This looks interesting!
    I'm not a big fan of westerns though (I like some). But I'm a fan of Dan Duryea, James Stewart, and Shelley Winters.

Borgia likes this.
  14. PapaMuerte

PapaMuerte Zappatista

Donnie Darko

Jimmy B. likes this.
  15. brownie61

brownie61 Forum Resident

Bad Education (2019). As I was watching this, I kept thinking the story was so farfetched. I did not expect to learn it was a true story! Hugh Jackman and Allison Janney were both terrific.
    [​IMG]

16. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Urban Legend (1998) on Shudder

A silly, but entertaining enough, horror flick from the late 90s, with lots of 90s music and young 90s hotties Jared Leto, Rebecca Gayheart, Tara Reid and Alicia Witt, among others. People are getting knocked off in vaguely familiar ways. Like the killer in the back seat of your car that someone tried to warn you about, but you assumed the person trying to warn you meant you harm, or the killer who is calling from inside the house. Duh, duh, duh! Why is our young heroine being tormented? Is this obvious person doing it? Naw, it must be this slightly less obvious, but still possible option. Nope! It's this other one. Didn't see that coming or did you? Competently made, reasonably well acted, I liked it well enough, even though there's not much there.

17. fretter

fretter Forum Resident

Terminator: Dark Fate. Definitely worth watching.

1917. Much better than expected. I haven't seen all of it but so far, it's really well done.

Max_Renn83 likes this.
  18. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Dolemite (1975) on Vinegar Syndrome blu-ray

Not as funny as the condensed Eddie Murphy version (from My Name is Dolemite), but still pretty funny. Poorly acted and edited, the VS blu-ray looks pretty damn good. Dolemite is a bad man, let out of prison to help solve the corruption problem in town. His competition, the police and the mayor are all on the take. However he and his Dolemite girls can kick ass their way through anything. Fun if disjointed.

jhm and Max_Renn83 like this.
  19. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

Fireball - Visitors from Darker Worlds
    [​IMG]

20. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

I last watched CLASH OF THE TITANS (1981) on VHS :)

jhm and fretter like this.
  21. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo Senior Member

Walpurgis Night (1935) 6/10

The 2nd film & 2nd dog from the Criterion Ingrid Bergman's Swedish Years box. Ms Bergman again plays a supporting role; I can only hope this set gets better quickly or I really wasted a significant amount of money. The next film, the original version of Intermezzo, is SUPPOSED to be very good, as is the original version of A Woman's Face.

[​IMG]

22. Max_Renn83

Max_Renn83 Senior Member

I know exactly what you mean. Can’t stop watching these once I start. This applies to the first two films only.

Jimmy B. and moomoomoomoo like this.
  23. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Senior Member

[​IMG]
    The Man With The Golden Arm (1955), once again. It had been awhile.
    What an incredible film.
    I think this is Sinatra's best probably.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

That's Mr. Foghat and Purple Jim like this.
  24. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Forum Resident

Logan Lucky
    This popped up on Netflix. Directed by Steven Soderbergh (big deal) with good reviews on Rotten Toms (because it was an independant film? Hip soundtrack?...).
    A dreadfully boring film with limp actors (except Daniel Craig), confusing script, improbable situations, unfunny "gags",... just awful.

25. fretter

fretter Forum Resident

Great story and special effects. I can definitely see its effect on subsequent pop culture.

[​IMG]