The last movie you watched was...?? (the second take)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, May 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

My all time favorite guilty pleasure.

2. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

It IS fun, isn't it? My girlfriend and I watched the whole series recently (sans Freddy vs. Jason) and I thought several of them were more fun than they get credit for. Not good movies, but entertaining. They're not as grim as their reputation / subject matter would leave you to believe. I actually saw Jason X on a recent list of fun good bad movies, maybe from the Onion AV Club. Good times.

malcolm reynolds likes this.
  3. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I saw the HBO movie - Clear History.

Great cast list. Off beat humor....

Mark Nelson likes this.
  4. Lumpy-gravey

Lumpy-gravey New Member

Jackie Brown

5. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

How I Live Now (2013)

[​IMG]

6. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

7. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I watched "The Exorcist" for the first time ever recently, I was expecting the ultimate psychological horror movie and it turns out that it's actually a comedy, needless to say I was left unimpressed and quite frankly I don't see what the big deal is.

8. vinyl_puppy

vinyl_puppy Der Weaselschnitzel

Man of Steel

9. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

10. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

[​IMG]
    Directed by Tod Browning, 1935. One of the better vampire films, it's very atmospheric with a great twist at the end. If you've never seen it it's well worth a look.

Roninblues and Mark Nelson like this.
  11. clayton

clayton Senior Member

Point Blank - Lee Marvin teamed with Angie Dickenson in aother great 60's film noir. another great Lee Marvin performance, He could wipe the floor with all the so called tough guys that have come along since him.

Roninblues and ralphb like this.
  12. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Sisters - Margot Kidder dir. Brian De Palma (1973)
    [​IMG]

13. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

The Lone Ranger...loved it!

14. Michael

did you enjoy it? we did.:)

Drifter likes this.
  15. vinyl_puppy

vinyl_puppy Der Weaselschnitzel

Liked it better at home than in the theater.

16. Michael

we no longer go to the movies, but I can relate...so much better at home for us...less distraction complete control...we used to love going to the movies NOW it's too expensive, rude ppl and other things that just do not make it a fun time.

17. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

[​IMG]

Great movie. I loved it. Tarkovsky meets Bergman. Among the most gorgeously filmed movies ever made. I loved all 2 1/2 hours of it. After The Tree of Life and this, I think I'm through with Hollywood.

18. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Saw "Enough Said" today, and thought it was good, although not as good as I thought it would be.

My beef was not with the movie, but with the fact that it was a 2 PM matinee show, it was just us and two other people in the theatre, and it was $19 for the tickets and $5.50 for a single large soda. Oh, another beef: There is something clearly wrong with the right channel speaker, which had an odd buzz to it from start to finish.

At this point I bring up a thought that I've shared here many times since 2008:

19. Collector Man

Collector Man Well-Known Member

I agree entirely with your sentiment. Before I first saw this film, I heard of protests outside cinemas 'to do' with its alleged evil messages and corrupting influences. Instead I found the film - a laugh riot of stupid but earnest impausibility.
    What was I confronted with, watching The Exorcist ?. A display of a young girl vomitting up a combination of too many lime milk shakes and Toll Toys kids' play green slime. The scalding 'holy water' was like some kinky mock episode of someone being hit and 'burnt' with fizzy soft drink or Pop's glass of morning antacid drink..

Being Australian, perhaps culturally - this pious cinematic form of depicted hogwash has an added level of risible mirth.

20. Collector Man

21. Collector Man

How many people miss the fact that The Ghost & Mrs Muir is a softer variation on the Flying Dutchman story immortalised by Wagner in his opera.? The film with Gene Tierney & Rex Harrison remains one of the great screen classics.

22. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

[​IMG]
    From 1945, kind of a thriller/noir about a kidnapping. The performances of Nina Foch and Dame May Whitty are stellar, and it's very engrossing.

23. inperson

inperson Senior Member

taking_of_pelham_11x17_edited-1.jpg I usually hate a lot of swearing in movies but this one has so much it's funny.

Mark Nelson likes this.
  24. rockerreds

rockerreds Senior Member

Philadelphia-the office scenes were shot in the office I was working in at the time.

25. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Reign Over Me ...8/10. Depressing, but well acted. image.jpg

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.