The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Peace N. Love

Peace N. Love Forum Resident

Summer of Rockets - excellent new BBC drama/thriller with a great cast that includes Keely Hawes.

Girlpower likes this.
  2. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

Columbo - Murder By The Book (1971) from season 1, starring Jack Cassidy (David Cassidy's father)
    Great episode. I love season one's shows.

Mike6565 and team2 like this.
  3. team2

team2 Forum Resident

Excellent episode! One of the best of the entire series...

Jimmy B. likes this.
  4. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Just watched the season finale of Vida. I guess it's target audience aren't the good folk on the SH forums. Too bad, as it was one of the freshest, and most well done series of 2019!

Mike6565 likes this.
  5. Jimmy B.

Car 54, Where Are You? - the episode A Star Is Born In The Bronx, starring Charlotte Rea.

6. Jimmy B.

Columbo - from season 1 - Death Lends A Hand.
    All I can say after seeing it (for the first time in years), is BRAVO!!!!!!!!
    Co-starring Robert Culp.

It's funny, I recently got three Blu-rays of film noir movies,
    and all I feel like doing is watching something with justice;
    Columbo, the best episodes, calm my nerves, make me feel good for the moment.
    I've had the box set of the complete series on DVD for years, but was so disappointed in season 2's change of making him a star of sorts inside the show itself,
    that I lost interest, and it just sat on the shelf, on top of where I keep some of my DVDs. But I know there are great episodes after the first season. (I also loved Columbo as a kid too, saw most all of them back then)
    Yet I'm gonna watch more of the first season (fave episode so far is the second pilot, Ransom For A Dead Man) (I saw later ones recently with Theodore Bikel [excellent] and Ruth Gordon [good]).

7. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Dead Man‘s Walk

8. George P

George P Notable Member

Happyish - Season 1

Great show, should never have been cancelled.

9. ShockControl

ShockControl Bon Vivant and Raconteur!

Dem debates.

10. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

Rewatching Frasier S1, Ep1 and Ep2, on Amazon prime, just about the perfect pilot episode...

been 25 years since I saw these so it's fresh

11. Girlpower

Girlpower Senior Member

I loved this show as well. Very refreshing to see something that differs from the typical Hollywood drama series. Interesting characters that carry the show well.

Chazro likes this.
  12. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Endeavor. (season 6) Episode three was one of the most depressing shows I've seen and episode four starts the same way. Then there's a weird 'happy' ending. Not as crazy as the two seasons before it and what's the deal in British television shows where high rise apartments are the work of the devil? George Gently did it last season now Endeavor. Two hints for the showrunner: get the original composer back and license some real 70's music (the recreations don't cut it)

13. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Just began...

Black Mirror & Altered Carbon.

14. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Season finale of Warrior. Supposedly based on a story that was pitched by the late Bruce Lee. A family member is one of the producers and yes, there's tons of martial arts/Kung Fu. Not terribly deep but satisfying none the less, especially if you enjoy battle choreography. This finale featured one of the most explosive fights ever filmed. They throw touches of 'Lee-isms' into the main guys fighting style, tons of fun! There were actors from other favorite shows like Into The Badlands, Banshee, & Copper. A fun show, I hope it comes back next year.

davidb1 likes this.
  15. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

I watched Doctor Who - City Of Death, 1979. It was made partly in Paris and features a cameo by John Cleese. Also, written by Douglas Adams. I'm not sure if I ever watched it before, though I thought I had seen most of the Tom Bakers in the '70s-'80s as omnibus formats late night on a U.S. station. Maybe I conked out before this one started or was actually out late?

16. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

Lore (via Amazon)
    Season 2, Episode 1

What an awful episode. The first season was extremely well done and interesting. They completely changed the show format, and totally ruined it in my opinion. Won't be watching the rest of the season, that's for sure.

17. Hadean75

A Haunting: The 2012 Season
    DVD set

[​IMG]

18. Tokyo Ghost

Tokyo Ghost Senior Member

Just finished Season 4 of Angel.

Tomorrow I will watch the final two episodes of Season 7 of Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

[​IMG]

19. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Friends From College
    [​IMG]

I like Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother tv series & some marvel movies/IDN which), so viewed trailer (Incl. below).
    I'd known, though, that Keegan-Michael Key's energy is usually kinda over-the-top for me....Doesn't matter here. That works well-his character almost seems written w/him in mind...He, Cobie, Fred Savage & rest of cast are great! It's definitely ensemble. Excellent writing & series concept!!
    Found DVDs/purch. immediately...luv it! Very Funny, :biglaugh: entertaining show (Comedies are required...there's not a whole lot of 'em, lately; I like the black comedies & mystery/suspense/dramas, too but I also need to come up from 'em...Balance.)

Watched Season 1 (2 episodes..."Season"?) Holding onto Season 2 to view later date. I discipline myself w/bingeing/binging, keeping to 2 episodes @ a time, esp. when I love a series & no there's no more of it. Shoot...just looked up if it'll be returning for a 3rd Season...nope!! :shake: Never, ever understand what ends up getting cancelled while schlock gets renewed. :shrug:
    Anyway, highly recommend it! :):thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  20. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

First two new episodes of Endeavor on my DVR.

Mylene likes this.
  21. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Taboo FX Original Series

[​IMG]

fabre likes this.
  22. fabre

fabre Forum Resident

Scope J likes this.
  23. Hadean75

Unearthed
    Ghosts of the Stone Age

24. Hadean75

Unearthed
    Pompeii's Doomsday Mummies

25. Antmanbee

Antmanbee Mental Toss Flycoon

After a wonderful weekend in Oxford, concerts, Tolkien's grave, Will and Lyra's bench, the Pitt Rivers, the Ashmoleon, the Bodleian, Oxford Castle, running along the beautiful Thames, I've returned to watching a second time the first series, that covers the first book, of A Discovery of Witches. I love the books, and I like Deborah Harkness's academic writing too.
    As two more series have been commissioned to cover the other two books in the All Souls Trilogy, I can't wait to see them. There's a new novel out set in the same world, and a fifth due soon. Both the books and the TV adaptation are well-written, Gothic-Romantic, atmospheric and enticing.