The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

'Watchmen'.

Wasn't looking forward to it that much as I'm very fond of the original film/comic. Pleased to say I wasn't disappointed in any way. Whether there's a need for another series is a different matter.

Oh, and just finished (this morning before work!) the BBC reworking of A Christmas Carol. Vinette Robinson and Guy Pearce are mesmerising. Not a comfortable watch by any stretch, but it was hard to turn away. Loving the idea of a follow up.

Next up for a binge is the Netflix repeat of 'Collateral' (John Simm/Billie Piper).

2. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

The Magicians - Season 1, Ep. 5.

Fantasy series based on Lev Grossman's best-selling book (I've never read). Have no clue how I stumbled across this... the show is amazing! Not my usual interests, but I'd completed audio CD of Neverwhere - Neil Gaimann BBC Radio Full Cast Dramatization, which was fantasy & it was spectacular!

I'd enjoyed the ABC tv series Deception & the Now You See Me magician movies so much! - This really isn't like either of those, though. There is magic, but the overall show is definitely more fantasy. It's been on SYFY tv (which, I really should start to check their programming). Now, it's premiering the 5th Season this month!

I'm watching on DVD & what clever packaging...it's holograhic! You do need pay attention; it's riveting & surprising! - So far, it's not deeply dark/disturbing/violent. There's interplay between relationships, too, whilst entertaining w/the magic & fantasy premise. Special effects very well done. I won't skip ahead & watch Season 5 while it's on SYFY.

3. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

American Soul (season 1) Drama about Don Cornelius host and creator of Soul Train. Blends real people with total fiction. Don is made to look pretty bad throughout the season (When the dancers asked to be paid more than a feed of KFC he beats up the union guy ... twice) Kelly Rowland plays Gladys Knight.

4. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

"Lost In Space" Season Two - This season was very good & I can't
    wait to see season Three.
    [​IMG]

Michael likes this.
  5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

The Witcher...

6. Michael

I'm still waiting for the announcement...did you hear anything?

BILLONEEG likes this.
  7. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

Not yet. As soon as I do I will post it. I'm sure others will do the same.

Michael likes this.
  8. Michael

I will as well...

BILLONEEG likes this.
  9. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

Awesome!

Michael likes this.
  10. Michael

we all have to stick together on this!

11. Michael

I'm struggling with this...not great.

12. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

On Becoming a God in Central Florida. Every last character in this drama is stark, raving loco.

13. [​IMG]
    "The Night Of The Meek" - The Twilight Zone, from 1960.
    Art Carney at his greatest? Maybe.
    Rod Serling, bless that man; he was always for the underdogs, the less fortunate in life...
    this should be shown every Christmas on TV for all to see; but it's not.

Hawkeye likes this.
  14. fabre

fabre Forum Resident

Southland S1-5
    great cop show, would have been nice if they had continued with a season 6

15. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

Started Better Call Saul on Saturday. Finished Season 1 and am currently halfway through Season 2. I have to say I like it a whole lot more than I did Breaking Bad though it probably helps BCS is mainly centred around the two characters from BB I liked the most.

George P likes this.
  16. Michael

The Witcher...

17. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

"South Park"

18. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Was bored, so I decided to watch "Britannia" on Amazon Prime....
    Not bad...not great....looked very expensive...the attempts at comedy in a few bits kept my interest.
    Anybody else see this?
    It appears there's a Season 2!
    So far, not on Amazon Prime.

19. fenderesq

fenderesq In Brooklyn It's The Blues / Heavy Bass 7-7

Love the theme and soundtrack... and of course Elle Mae my first crush. Actually she was my 2nd my first being Sky Kings' niece Penny. Sky King; you know "out of the blue of the western sky comes Sky, Sky King (*brought to you by Nabisco). Mayanne's in the mix as well you understand.

*Man the power of television advertising on the adolescent mind!

I could go for a steaming bowl of possum stew right about now.

20. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Monty Python's Flying Circus (season 1 episode 7) The previous episode featured a topless woman for those people into that sort off thing. Episode 7 is mainly about a blancmange turning Englishmen into Scotsmen so it can win Wimbledon. The punchline for every other sketch was 'You're no fun anymore'

Jimmy B. likes this.
  21. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

BULL, which trots out the same basic episode every single week. I thought 'Why am I still watching this?'. NCIS syndrome. It's a disease!

22. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Monty Python's Flying Circus (season 1 episode 8: Full Frontal Nudity) Contains the Dead Parrot sketch.

Jimmy B. and Hawkeye like this.
  23. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

Perpetual Grace, LTD on Epix. now 4 episodes in. a very different type of show, to me. odd but strangely compelling. really like the cast so l'll stick out season one. anyone else?

24. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Doctor Who. Ridiculously high production values in this season. The bits in occupied Paris were straight out of Tarantino.

25. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

Vikings 6x6

Tokyo Ghost likes this.