The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

Homeland-this current season is doing it for me far more than the last couple. and now Hugh Dancy has appeared and i enjoy his work.
    Brockmire-new season is beyond funny. love this character
    Survivior-it's a bloodbath amongst the old school players. wondering how the banished get back in the game
    Good Girls-taken a dark turn and i like it
    Westworld-i think 'm following the storyline-not sure though
    Prodigal Son-keeps getting better IMO though the new twist on the girl in the box has me worried
    The Walking Dead-Michonne episode was a well done exit for the character. now about that severed head....
    Better Call Saul-appointment tv. best show on right now
    Ozark-new season starts tomorrow on Netflix. bring it on!

2. George P

George P Notable Member

Yeah, it's been threatening to head into Breaking bad territory for awhile now and seems like there are finally getting there. I just wish they'd pick up the pace a bit.

Haven't seen that show. Is there any humor in it, like with Good Girls?

3. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

the humor is there but definitely NOT in the quantity of Good Girls. it's a dark show. in more ways than one

George P likes this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Little House On the Prairie...BD.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  5. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Getting back into my DVDs of WILD PALMS

6. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Candid Camera

7. Bruce Racket

Bruce Racket Forum Resident

ZeroZeroZero - Amazon Prime. A great crime epic brought to you by the team that made Gomorrah. I'd say it's the best show I've seen this year so far.
    Tiger King - Netflix. What a crazy documentary! Runs the gamut from "a living Simpsons episode" to some really dark places. Great doc.

Juan Matus likes this.
  8. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

The Golden Girls on the Hallmark Channel

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  9. Hadean75

Currently finishing up this dvd.

10. Hadean75

Now on to disc #2.

11. Hadean75

Mythbusters on Science Channel Go

12. Hadean75

Too Cute on Animal Planet

13. Hadean75

Mythbusters marathon on the Discovery Channel.

14. Django

Django Forum Resident

Not exactly a TV show but I watched OJ: Made in America.
    Second time seeing it. Brilliant documentary.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Ghost Adventures.

16. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

*Last shows viewed, none of which I've ever watched before. I've been completely bored w/most television shows lately. Last winter I had purchased a number of great shows on DVD I'd never caught before & those were so highly entertaining that to return to current dreck is disappointing. Those shows were Life (originally aired on NBC, I think.): Damien Lewis, Sarah Shahi, Adam Arkin; 2nd season same cast w/Donal Logue addition. Life On Mars (UK version): John Simm, Philip Gleinister, Liz White. Humans (Science Fiction): 3 Seasons, originally aired AMC. The Fall (UK/Ireland): Gillian Anderson, Jamie Dornan, originally aired Netflix: Travelers (Science Fiction) Eric McCormack w/supporting cast, Dead To Me (Christina Applegate, Linda Cardellini, James Marsden). So, after viewing those, I guess anything would be a comedown. But, it's a drastic fall:

*^Curb Your Enthusiasm.
    It's alright. It's basically Jerry Seinfeld, again, but without network censors & quite a bit more Jewish-centric, as I'd initially thought the show would be & why I never tuned in prior/that content doesn't have as wide audience appeal as Seinfeld did. Though I'm appreciating that some of it is ^improvised- if entire show is improvised, then my rating would be escalated to just about excellent, on that basis. Also, nice to see comedic actors haven't seen in awhile, appearing here, such as "Bob" from Becker, "Audrey" from Rules Of Engagement (she did appear this season in a dramatic role in 1 episode of The Resident), I have no idea what I even know him from, but I immediately recognized him & think he's funny: ^^J.B. Smoove. Vince Vaughn's in it, at least, this season & always like him. ^^Jon Hamm, also always turns in a good performance & a great guest on talk shows, too, in an episode.
    ^^Just did some investigating; may have to search out movie "Clear History" (which I never heard of.)

In weaker moment, tuned into a few *HGTV reality shows: Not a reality show-viewer, at all, ever; that's how bored I am w/programming.
    House Hunters International
    Unsellable Houses (w/twin sisters. Leslie Davis & Lyndsey Lamb); houses in the Pacific Northwest. Actually liked this show. Very different weather/territory than anywhere I've ever been.
    My Lottery Dream Home
    I don't know if it was because I was very tired (I think so) - absolutely, no thinking required.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Scope J likes this.
  17. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Romans 6:23

The X-Files

Scope J likes this.
  18. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Ken Burn's Country Music

The Capture. The best conspiracy theory TV show for years. Episode 4 is possibly the best thing I've seen this year. I guessed the ending and the last 20 minutes were like the last 20 minutes of the last couple of seasons of Homeland but overall it was pretty unmissable.

19. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Comedy Gold!!
    Love this show & this is just awesome!
    News Radio
    Episode with Bill McNeil (Phil Hartman/R.I.P.) & Lisa Miller (Maura Tierney) interviewing Jerry Seinfeld (himself!)
    Season 3
    I have Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD, but a cable network was running a marathon today.

[​IMG]

:D:laugh::laugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

George P likes this.
  20. George P

George P Notable Member

Already watched 4 episodes of Ozark! Great show, thanks for mentioning it.

21. Rubberpigg

Rubberpigg Senior Member

I just finished watching the first season of an Icelandic series on Netflix called "Trapped" over the weekend.
    Pretty good.
    I enjoyed it.

[​IMG]

Bruce Racket likes this.
  22. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

Sky's 'Hitmen' in three sittings. Felt it didn't get into its stride until the third episode. The 'Girl Guides' and 'Simon & Garfunkel' ones were the best. Not sure it warrants another series though.
    Hitmen

23. Jerrika

Jerrika Mysterious Ways

I've been watching a lot of CSI Miami episodes. That show is so educational.

24. Hadean75

The Zoo marathon on the Animal Planet channel

25. Hadean75

The Zoo marathon followed by The Aquarium marathon on the Animal Planet Channel