The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. George P

George P Notable Member

Yeah, he has a unique style, though I hear a lot borrowed from Mitch Hedberg. I guess if you're gonna borrow, borrow from the best, right?

Also, I find his hair distracting.

Juan Matus likes this.
  2. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

12-part Series (1998)
    [​IMG]

3. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The Sister (2020) A happily married man hears a knock on his door late one night. It's his old friend Bob who he hasn't seen for ten years. Plays like one of the remakes of Alfred Hitchcock Presents mixed with Woody Allen's Match Point.

4. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Aquarius (season 2) Charles Manson meets Dennis Wilson and the family moves in. Season 2 is a complete mess with totally unnecessary subplots. Despite that the subject's really interesting so it's worth watching.

5. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

"Judge Judy"

6. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

Mythbusters on Science Channel Go

7. Jazzmonkie

Jazzmonkie Forum Resident

A couple of episodes of Cheers including one with guest star John Cleese.

8. Grand_Ennui

"Bonanza"

9. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

The Twilight Zone marathon on Syfy.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  10. Grand_Ennui

"My 600 lb. Life"

11. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Brothers & Sisters - Season 3
    Ep. 23 - Let's Call The Whole Thing Off
    Ep. 24 - Mexico

[​IMG]

12. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

The Stand

13. Hadean75

The Addams Family on PlutoTV

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  14. Hadean75

Unearthed on Science Channel Go

15. Hadean75

One of my Christmas presents:

PBS Nature: Magic Of the Snowy Owl on dvd

[​IMG]

Karnak likes this.
  16. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

We finally finished the Australian drama Glitch on Netflix. You could call it a tweak on the "zombie" trope, where people start coming out of graves - all cogent, innocent and trying to remember why they died. The local police chief has to wrangle them, and protect them from various, um, challenges. Interesting group dynamics, and a lot of issues get raised. Maybe not all of them responded to. Still, a satisfying ending after three seasons, but I did have to put up with my wife yelling at the screen on occasion.

Why can't some people just give the showrunners the latitude to tell the story they want to, with the message they see fit? You wanna tell the story differently...you go to school, learn to write, get a gig in television production, and do it your way. Me, I'm simply trying to follow the dialog.

17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

LOve That Bob

18. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Generation Kill. During the second Iraqi war a group of soldiers in a hummer drive from town to town sing pop songs and say the most racist, sexist, homophobic dialogue ever laced with every possible conspiracy theory. You have to really watch this twice, the first time for the shock value, the second to really appreciate the rhythm of the dialogue and the brilliance of the storytelling.

19. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

Oh,
    that's one of the best episodes!
    ha ha ha
    I remember that one well!

Jazzmonkie likes this.
  20. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

The Twilight Zone - Doomsday For Mr. Denton.

One of the very best episodes in my opinion.
    Starring Dan Duryea as the town drunk in an old west setting, with Martin Landau bullying him as it opens.
    A magnificent story.
    Rod Serling sure believed in second chances. In the underdog. In JUSTICE. That's what made The Twilight Zone one of the greatest shows of all time. The show was mostly NOT about science fiction.
    [​IMG]
    This was also the first thing I had seen the great Dan Duryea in, before I discovered all the film noirs and my love for those - and I think this may still be the BEST thing I've seen him do, acting-wise.

EndOfTheRainbow and Jazzmonkie like this.
  21. hifisoup

hifisoup @hearmoremusic on Instagram

Last night, a rerun of NCIS.

22. lc317

lc317 Forum Resident

Am late to the game on this one, but midway through season 1 of The Mandalorian.

Caught the first 2 episodes when it first launched, and while it didn't impress me at the time, it has since grown on me and am enjoying it as a change of pace for the Star Wars universe; like a 'cowboy' and his traveling companion in the old west, going from place to place on various adventures. You can really see shades of older shows from the 70s like Kung Fu in this one, and I think they have done a pretty good job of adhering to the original trappings of the original SW universe while introducing new things to viewers. It does have a slight slow-burn quality to it, but overall it's refreshing to see the familiar and new.

I understand season 2 to be even better, so looking forward to it as I'm starting to run out of 'newer' shows to watch!

GyroT likes this.
  23. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

The Odd Couple...

24. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Uh,too many history documentaries.Very depressing.Humanity has been inflicting bad things upon one another for hundreds of years.Perhaps even longer.o_O

25. hybrid_77

hybrid_77 Forum Resident

Bridgerton. Don't know what to make of it.

jlocke08 likes this.