The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

COPS: Reloaded

2. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Finished

Gangs of London

Dispatches From Elsewhere

3. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hadean75 likes this.
  4. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Additionally, the best part of episode 4 was Judy (Linda Cardellini) singing a verse of Dream A Little Dream Of Me (The Mamas & Papas) - :winkgrin::thumbsup: - b/c whenever I see her I think she looks like she could be Mackenzie Phillips' sister, so someone in casting's/writing/production spot on!

Dead To Me
    Season 2, Episode 5

Picked up in this one, b/c more screen time w/Judy & Jen engaged w/other cast members' characters. It's needed - their one-on-one in every episode, especially since once you're familiar w/the characters they are pretty 1-dimensional & get monotonous. I'm also finding characters who are such flawed humans w/little to no redeeming character traits also boring, by now. It was fresh & new back in the earlier 21st Century @ time of The Sopranos, Nurse Jackie, Weeds. Too often, for my tastes, whatever's been met w/success is just done & redone. At least those earlier characters also were not so 1 dimensional, but more fleshed out, nuanced & those series had more cast members/characters to play off of. I think I'm basically tired of the dark comedy premise, too, preferring comedy/dramas being more entertaining, i.e. Monk, Psych, Fairly Legal, Royal Pains & dramas In Plain Sight, Covert Affairs. USA network had quite a steady run of top shows!

5. Django

Django Forum Resident

Miranda.
    Bit of a guilty pleasure.

6. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

The Fairly Odd Parents on Paramount+

7. ed carter

ed carter Forum Resident

Please Like Me
    Kim's Convenience
    Fargo Season three

George P likes this.
  8. Hadean75

Lucky Dog on PlutoTV

9. Hadean75

Mythbusters on Discovery+

10. Hadean75

This morning:

This afternoon:
    America's Test Kitchen/Cook's Country on PlutoTV

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I am so disappointed in the studio not putting out the remaining Seasons of One Step Beyond .
    they did a great job on the first 22 episodes...so refreshing to see them in nice quality instead of those hellish edited syndicated nthgeneration dubs on Mill Creek and the rest of the cheapo labels....

12. Hadean75

This morning:

Currently:
    A Haunting on Discovery+

13. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

i actually taste tested the HD 1.78:1 MASH pilot on disney+ ..... looked pretty good actually (referring to the aspect ratio change)

14. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

911-Peter Krause fan
    Young Rock-not well done but his story is great
    Mayans MC-hooked and can't let go
    Atlantic Crossing-pretty good. wish Kyle MacLachlan was featured more.
    Prodigal Son-love the cast especially Michael Sheen

Above Suspicion Series Two: The Red Dahlia-watched on Acorn TV. three part British series with Kelly Reilly and Cirian Hinds. had heard of this but had never seen any of it. follows Reilly's character as DC Anna Travis investigates murders reminiscent of the Black Dahlia case from the '40's. not great and a little hard to watch at times but just happen to be a big Reilly fan so pushed through. will look to watch more of the series.

got ahold of the DVD set of season one of The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones. many people touted this in years past but i find it very slow so far and no real excitement. will stick with it until done but may not move on to season two.

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  15. LilacTeardrop

9-1-1
    First responder drama. :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

16. MikaelaArsenault

Allen v. Farrow

kanakaris likes this.
  17. LilacTeardrop

The Exes
    Sitcom :D:laugh::laugh:
    Great ensemble cast!
    Season 2, Episode 10 "Sister Act" & 11 "He's Gotta Have It" (guest starring Zach Braff, reunion w/Donald Faisan)
    [​IMG]

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  18. Philip Airtime

Philip Airtime A Shiver in the Dark When You Call My Name

On DVD: Season One of The Wild Wild West (one of the most beloved series of my boyhood), and Season One of Alfred Hitchcock Presents. My wife and I recently wrapped up Season Four of Mad Men.

19. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Just finished The Rain, a seemingly-YA apocalyptic drama in which only the renegade teenyboppers get to make good decisions, and everybody always gives authority to the cute little blonde girl. There may have been deeper layers than that, but you really can't get past the teenyboppers always giving authority to the cute little blonde girl: apparently in a post-apocalyptic future, that's a super-power. Series finale amounted to a deus ex machina just this side of a Kipling "just-so" story, involving a big blue flash of light, which nobody had any reason to expect.

#CUTE LITTLE BLONDE LIVES MATTER

20. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I watched Young Sheldon this week and it was several minutes shorter than usual. It had 2-3 minutes of extra commercials. :rolleyes:

21. MikaelaArsenault

Car 54, Where Are You?

22. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

23. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Senior Member

Is this a film or a show?

24. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

Whoops movie. I misread it

Kaskade10729 likes this.