The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

Bob's Burgers

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  2. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Criminal UK

The Blacklist (S7)

slashdot87 likes this.
  3. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Human Target
    Mark Valley, Chi McBride, Jackie Earle Haley
    Action drama
    A unique bodyguard protects his clients by secretly infiltrating their lives in order to draw out and eliminate threats.
    Season 1 -
    Episode 1 - Pilot
    "Christopher Chance is a man who seems to get his thrills on protecting people from all walks of life. In the opener, he takes a case where he needs to protect a mechanical engineer who designed California's first bullet train, capable of reaching speeds up to two hundred miles an hour."
    Episode 2 - Rewind
    "Chance and Winston encounter some severe turbulence when they work together to protect a client they have never met from an assassin aboard a passenger plane."
    [​IMG]

This plays like an action movie as a series. Each episode has it's own "case". I remembered liking it (it is outside my typical viewing fare) & am enjoying it now, as well! Immediately I remembered, too, liking Chi McBride from elsewhere & didn't remember how I was familiar w/him...looked up today & from Boston Public, a David E. Kelley series - Darn, N/A on streaming services or DVD.

4. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

Watched a Steptoe And Son (in colour)... the one where they are in an amateur play together, guest-starred out Mr. Lucas from Are You Being Served (Trev Bannister). All kinds of layers to it, and Harry H delivered the final line beautifully about being a rag and bone man! Then there was a Dad's Army where they have to fold a batch of sailors from a U-boat... love the head baddie writing down names in his little book of retribution, and again all kinds of great character bits in this one.

Nimby and Mylene like this.
  5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Friday The 13th The Series s01 e01

6. Yawndave

Yawndave Forum Resident

I've been enjoying Travel Man, globetrotting with Richard Ayoade (Maurice Moss from the IT Crowd) and friends. Richard and his guest visit assorted cities and smart-alec their way through a brief 48-hour stay.

LilacTeardrop and George P like this.
  7. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hadean75 likes this.
  8. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

The Cosby Show

9. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

For All Mankind, Episode 1, Season 2

Klavier likes this.
  10. LilacTeardrop

Dave's World - Season 3
    [​IMG]
    Episode 20 - Stayin' Alive
    Kenny and Shel get overshadowed by Dave's accomplishments, while Eric tries to solve the Barrys' rat infestation problem.
    Episode 21 - Do You Want To Know A Secret
    Shel has trouble with his inept receptionist and attends a car show with Dave and Eric, while Mia delves into astrology and Tommy plagiarizes one of Dave's columns for a school project.
    Episode 22 - Double Fault
    Dave joins Kenny and Eric at the Miami Heat game in a luxury box after skipping a celebrity tennis game with Shel. There's an accident with a Dave impersonator that Shel recruited.

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

on disc 3 of Friday The 13th The Series...moving on along!

12. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Finished a couple of series this week about the British "First Fleet" landing its prisoners and marines Down Under.
    Both are solid, one and done, series
    1) Banished
    2) The Incredible Journey Of Mary Bryant

The second provided a more realistic depiction of the privations suffered. The first had some very good story lines and actors

Also finished The Handmaid's Tale. Busy last 10 days TV-wise

13. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

Alone
    Broadchurch

14. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Finished season 1 of The Sopranos. Holds up really well.

LilacTeardrop and Rocat like this.
  15. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Luck - Dustin Hoffman/David Milch project that got yanked from HBO due to a few "accidents" involving the horses. As a big Milch fan I'm always left wondering where he was going to take this one. We'll never know.

The Newsroom - When Aaron Sorkin is ON, there's no stopping him. And he was on during this series!

16. MikaelaArsenault

Dark Side Of Football

17. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

18. LilacTeardrop

Gary Unmarried
    Season 1, Episodes 7-10
    Sitcom
    Jay Mohr, Paula Marshall, Ed Begley, Jr.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. bmasters9

bmasters9 Forum Resident

Medic (50s NBC medical series w/the late Richard Boone as Dr. Konrad Styner)

20. Klavier

Klavier Forum Resident

Lupin season two finale and episode 4 of Sweet Tooth.

21. MikaelaArsenault

22. Rocat

Rocat Do you realise, this world is totally fugazi.

Westworld.

Just finished S3.
    IMO not worth the time...

23. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

The Practice (S8)

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  24. LilacTeardrop

Human Target
    Action Series
    Episodes 3 Embassy Row - "Chance races against time and crashes a black-tie affair at the Russian Embassy to find a friend's killer. As he becomes embroiled in an international arms deal, he meets his match in a beautiful female counterpart."
    Episode 4 Sanctuary - "Chance needs a miracle to help protect a reformed thief from his vengeful former accomplices as they race to recover priceless religious artifacts hidden in a remote Canadian monastery."
    [​IMG]
    Christopher Chance is a highly discreet problem solver, specializing in desperate causes. He works with retired police detective Winston, who acts mainly as back-office, and Guerrero, a scary computer wizard and former gangster. Christopher is, and needs to be, a fearless unbeatable commando as well as handy and clever as MacGyver, assuming all kinds of identities, from bodyguard to monk and from lawyer to sports professional.

While they do solve cases per episode, it became more apparent w/the last episode, there is another mystery running concurrently through the show. I enjoyed the first couple of episodes & further in, have become even more engaged by it. I like it - it's different.

25. George P

George P Notable Member

How well has this show aged? I liked it a lot when it came out, but I cam curious if I'd still like it now.