The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Rocat

Rocat Do you realise, this world is totally fugazi.

The Night Of

Just finished watching it.

I really loved the story and the actors' performances.

Michael Kenneth Williams, may you rest in peace.

[​IMG]

Juan Matus and DLD like this.
  2. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

Mythbusters on Discovery+

3. Hadean75

Star Trek TNG on Amazon Prime

4. Riktator

Riktator Surfer of the Audio Waves

Scrolling through the DirecTV menu yesterday and just had to indulge an episode of The Wire. Still the best television ever in my estimation. Omar and Stringer Bell parlay under the guarantee of Prop Joe. Now I'm jonesing for another revisit of the entire series.

Mylene and Rocat like this.
  5. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

The Great British Bake-Off
    Reality/Competition/Food
    [​IMG]

Never viewed before. I enjoyed it. Don't usually view this type content, but I have begun occasionally viewing Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives and Guy's Grocery Games - so, this show seemed like soooo many competitors in relation. I hadn't realized that w/1 episode it would just show who's been eliminated from the competition of, I think it numbered around 8 competitors, so have no idea who actually went on to win. I do just enoy the British accents & vernacular - hearing "oh, heavens" when something goes amiss I found charming & the creations were impressive, some of them looking like feats of food architecture; how they actually taste(?) :):winkgrin:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  6. AndrewK

AndrewK Forum Resident

The Girlfriend Experience - I only watched the first season with Riley Keough, very risque Starz show with lots sex scenes, but I guess it's expected of a show with that name. Not sure how Elvis would feel about this if he was still alive :)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    Tokyo Ghost likes this.
  7. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I bet he would of watched it if all the girls agreed to get fabulous pedicures. :D

8. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The Sopranos (season 6) Tony's eating sushi, Junior's lost his marbles, Johnny Sach's in jail. what could possibly go wrong?

Jimmy B. and Jazzmonkie like this.
  9. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Yes! OMG, this is the funniest thing I've watched in a while. Binged through season 1, and watching S2 eps weekly. The whole cast is great. Consistently funny.

10. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Episode 1 of American Rust. Looks like Showtime's answer to HBO's Mare Of Eastown. Not really a knock, good acting and, by the end of epi 1, 3 characters you care about. Bonus points for Jeff Daniels. Tentative 7/10 depending on how the story (cop in a poor town in S.E. Pa. investigating a "muhdah") progresses

maui jim likes this.
  11. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Happy Days

Jimmy B. and Grand_Ennui like this.
  12. LilacTeardrop

Moonlighting
    :D:laugh::love:

[​IMG]
    Season 3, Episode #4 - Yours, Very Deadly
    "A woman approaches Blue Moon for help. For over two years, she had been corresponding with an unknown admirer. The woman wants Maddie and David to find the admirer and ask him to stop. When they find him, they are in for a surprise."

Tokyo Ghost and George P like this.
  13. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

I finished it a while ago, but can't say enough good things about it. Mum on Britbox is a great British character comedy. Wonderful acting, scripts and characters.
    Mum (TV series) - Wikipedia

Also recently finished Line of Duty (wonderful run, almost perfect). Currently watching Ted Lasso, rewatching The Sopranos and may rewatch Life on Mars to get into Ashes to Ashes.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    Rocat and LilacTeardrop like this.
  14. Jazzmonkie

Jazzmonkie Forum Resident

I've Got a Secret (1961) with special guest Sam Levenson.

15. Armjim

Armjim Music is indeed a gift from Heaven

Was on a plane Thursday and watched a few episodes of What We Do in the Shadows on FX. Enjoyed it so have been binge watching it to catch up.

16. Hadean75

Ghost Adventures on Discovery+

17. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Back To Life. Created by, written by, and stars, Daisy Haggard. Very good, funny, and touching little Brit dramedy. Think Fleabag with less profanity. All of S1 on Showtime on demand. S2 just starting

LilacTeardrop and George P like this.
  18. Tokyo Ghost

Tokyo Ghost Senior Member

Doctor Who.

[​IMG]

Mylene likes this.
  19. LilacTeardrop

:agree::love::love::love::righton: That's based on UK original - love it!

I think she's sooooo funny in Episodes! It's only b/c I'm re-watching that now, that I realize it's the same actress! I can't remember ever before being so amused - hysterically so! - by expressions & sounds!! "Mmmmm" Genius, comedy gold! :laugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::love: Haven't been so enamored w/BTL - maybe Season 2, as it's suppossed to be more focused on the lighter, funnier aspects of Season 1.
    [​IMG]

1:07

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    DLD likes this.
  20. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Rick Steves' Europe

Bhob and Hadean75 like this.
  21. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

Me too. Fingers crossed this is as good as Mare.

22. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Watched that last night. Lots of in-jokes.

23. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

Alfred Hitchcock Presents - "The Belfry"
    A must-see episode for Psycho fans.
    Starring Pat Hitchcock...and some guy who...

24. ChazFromCali

ChazFromCali INTJ

The X-Files.
    Up to season 3 at this point.
    I'm gonna watch all of it. This is my first re-watch since it was on in the 90's.

Random thoughts so far:
    Last couple episodes of season 2 and the first two episodes of season 3 are great TV.

Interesting to see early appearances by some young actors who went on to bigger things. Giovanni Ribisi, Jack Black!

Don Davis (Sculley's dad) and Teryl Rothery (nurse, old folks home episode) went on to Stargate SG-1.

Also, the guy who played the Alaska bush pilot in season 2... I worked with him in an episode of GRIMM, I think it was. I forget the dudes name. Funny guy.

The "Lone Gunmen" Not seeming nearly as quirky in 2021 as in 1995, lol. Great idea..... to have them on Mulder's team.

Maintained a pretty high quality level over 24(!) episodes per season.

I'm enjoying it a lot.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  25. LilacTeardrop

Wings
    Season 6, Episode 26 "The Big Wedding"
    [​IMG]
    It's Joe and Helen's wedding day. Brian and Casey are supposed to help them - everything goes wrong & screwball hilarity ensues! :D:laugh::love: