The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Servant. A slow burn, VERY tense, Apple TV mystery. Pretty much all takes place in a Philly brownstone. The layers of the onion are peeled back very slowly, maybe too slowly for some, but I like not knowing everything thing about every character after 2 or 3 epis. 1 season + 6 epis into S2 so far.

2. DLD

DLD Senior Member

2 episodes in and we're loving Black Bird

3. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

Just started watching "Stranger Things" and rammed thru half the first season last night. Love it, very clever and well acted by all. About time David Harbour got a featured gig.
    Any TV show that has Joy Division and The Clash on the soundtrack and name drops Television is okay by me.:)

Juan Matus likes this.
  4. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

The Sopranos - season 3, episodes 6-13.

Season 3's my favorite of the series, and these episodes included the classic Pine Barrens, one of the very best, and also the episode with my favorite moment of the whole series - Second Opinion, the scene being with Carmela and Dr. Krakower - brilliance (and the only flat-out truthful summation about Tony in the whole series run)
    and the best advice given to Carmela - LEAVE TONY. Referred for her by Dr. Melfi, a better shrink than her really, by not pretending things are different than what they really are with Tony.

5. Deibu

Deibu I Dream of Tangerines

I just finished All of Us are Dead. It's refreshing to see that a zombie apocalypse can be used as just a backdrop to a deeper dramatic narrative (like Train to Busan), not just fighting zombies with no real story. I'm glad a second season is coming. I've been digging Korean shows lately. Will be starting The Silent Sea.

For the record, I'm not a binge-watcher. I watch just one or two episodes in one sitting.

Regards,
    Dave

6. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

I, Claudius.

jonathan and Amnion like this.
  7. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Mötley Crüe - Story Of Their Songs
    Reelz
    :edthumbs::winkgrin:

[​IMG]

Not a band who I've gone out of my way to follow, - probably the 1 song I listen to being Kickstart My Heart, yet they're just so larger-than-life & a big part of music history that I've enjoyably read The Dirt, Nikki Sixx' The Heroin Diaries & Tommy Lee's Tommyland,too.

8. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

The Munsters - some season 1 episodes. A Walk On The Mild Side, The Midnight Ride Of Herman Munster, and best of all Herman The Rookie.
    (Hadn't seen The Munsters in ages; used to watch them all the time when I was younger, and The Beverly Hillbillies and the Munsters were my favorite shows [Car 54 came later for me])

[​IMG]

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  9. George P

George P Notable Member

Man, this was superb! Thanks again for mentioning it!

Scope J likes this.
  10. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I watched episode 8 of The Orville New Horizons this morning. Then I watched several Judge Judy episodes.

11. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Romans 6:23

Rewatching Firefly for the upteenth time.

wolfram likes this.
  12. KevinP

KevinP Forum introvert

I started watching Stranger Things when season 2 was new. I was on sabbatical in another country but my wife wasn't and couldn't join me, and when I came back, I kept telling her she'd like the show. Trouble is, every time we tried to watch it, she'd fall asleep--not a matter of boredom sio much as physical fatigue and perhaps time's winged chariot, but the end result is that she could never get interested despite many attempts.

The problem is: I never saw the seasons after that because we always watch shows together. (I heard S3 takes a dip in quality, so motivation plays a factor too.)

But I still want to see them, and I've heard that S4 is better overall, so last week I just started from S1 from wherever we left off (episode 5 or thereabouts), and finally it worked. She got interested and we finished S1 last night.

George P likes this.
  13. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Phoenix. (1992) Old cop show on the ABC. After the first episode holds up remarkably well.

14. Solaris Morse

Solaris Morse Forum Resident

DCI Banks Series 5

Karnak and four sticks like this.
  15. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

Another episode of A Fine Romance - Season 4-. Although a guy named Bob Larbey was involved in this, I think I've found why this is so much better than 'As Time Goes By'- Michael Williams.

16. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Yw, loved it, the finale was one
    of the best episodes of television
    i've ever seen!

George P likes this.
  17. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Bosch: Legacy (S1)

nifticus and George P like this.
  18. George P

George P Notable Member

That scene with him and his daughter at the piano was incredibly powerful!

Scope J likes this.
  19. George P

George P Notable Member

I had low expectations for this but ended up liking it even more than the regular series!

Scope J likes this.
  20. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

'The Incredible Dr. Pol'

21. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Malcolm In The Middle

Scope J and carrick doone like this.
  22. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

Finished up The Old Man. Really good.

Also my third time watching Shoresy. It would be on HBO or Hulu in the states. If you have any interest in hockey, this show is for you.

Long Live Analog and Scope J like this.
  23. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

The Old Man S1 (FX/hulu)

carrick doone and Kubricker like this.
  24. George P

George P Notable Member

Watching that now, too. Great stuff!

carrick doone and Scope J like this.
  25. Kubricker

Kubricker Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow…

Truth Be Told S2.