The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. C4rl

C4rl Forum Resident

2. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Dark Side of Comedy on VICE TV

3. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up on Harry O. The Fugitive is so good, but I hadn't heard of H O. Checked out the two Pilots, the first has Martin Sheen, and the second has Jodi Foster. Both are excellent. Looking forward to season 1.

guitargal likes this.
  4. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Hot In Cleveland
    Season 5
    :D:laugh::laugh:
    [​IMG]

Episode: Elka Takes A Lover Emmy (Jennifer Love Hewitt) arrives for the premiere of Victoria's movie, and announces she's 8 months pregnant and had earlier eloped with her schoolteacher boyfriend. Melanie and Joy both attend the premiere with unintended dates -- Melanie with her creepy dentist (Larry Miller) and Joy with Detective Bob after he pretended to be a fake cousin named Stone Van Buren (Dave Foley). Meanwhile, Elka has a much younger lover, a free spirit named Luke (Chris Elliott).

Episode: Rusty Banks (John Mahoney) Rides Again. Desperate for votes to be nominated for an Oscar, Victoria sets the girls on a task to sway the two known Academy members living in Cleveland. Elka is assigned to the actor who played Western star Rusty Banks as a child (which turns out to be her ex-boyfriend Roy), while Melanie must talk to her childhood crush, actor Corey Chambers (Jason Priestley). Meanwhile, Joy is tasked with trying to convince the young Ivy (Sarah Hyland), a critics' favorite for an Oscar who is in therapy trying to deal with her sudden fame, to drop out of the race. While Victoria fails to get any favors done, things work out well for the other girls. Elka and Roy start dating again, Joy makes a date with Ivy's therapist, while Corey agrees to accompany Melanie to her upcoming high school reunion.

MichaelH likes this.
  5. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

She-Hulk episode 2. Not nearly as good as episode 1.

6. Chuckee

Chuckee Forum Resident

Just watched an episode of Modern Family from season 3. Never watched it when it was on.

7. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

Outer Range

8. georgebz1

georgebz1 Remember 1939. Stop Putin Now.

I just finished the 2nd season of Professor T on PBS passport and start season 3 tonight. He's a professor of Criminology who advises the police and like Adrian Monk, is a socially awkward germaphobe with OCD who also has hallucinations that are frequently hilarious. It's a Belgian remake of a quirky British dramedy.

9. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. .

The Twilight Zone - The Big Tall Wish
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Great episode. Hadn't seen this one in ages. I thought the woman looked really familiar. I looked her up on IMDB; I found I saw her as the original Mrs. Willis on All In The Family.

Trader Joe likes this.
  10. AintGotHalfOf

AintGotHalfOf Forum Resident

All caught up now on S2 Reservation Dogs, show cracks me up.

Also watching a Tubi show Crash the System, it is almost good.

11. Daedalus

Daedalus I haven't heard it all.....

Joe Pickett

Scope J likes this.
  12. Bob A. Gosselin

Bob A. Gosselin Just an ordinary guy

I no longer watch regular/ cable television. The last “good” comedy series I watched was Taxi so that explains everything in my case. I presently am subscribed to Britbox and have watched the excellent “Poirot” series. Presently am watching reruns of Sherlock Holmes with the late Jeremy Brett & Morse with the late John Thaw also on Britbox. Regular television and cable no longer appeals to me. I find all of their drama and comic series to be cookie cutters.

CharleyRay likes this.
  13. CharleyRay

CharleyRay Forum Resident

I'm watching on DVD, Sherlock Homes 1950 TV series featuring Ronald Howard, H.Marion-Crawford and Archie Duncan. I can't get enough of old stuff like that!

Bob A. Gosselin likes this.
  14. larryk

larryk Senior Member

At a friend's recommendation I am now six episodes deep into "Grace and Frankie" on Netflix. Jane and Lily's chemistry is still great, as are the performances by Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston.

I just finished the first season of "The Blacklist" and speaking of James Spader, I can't believe I never watched "Boston Legal" when it was on network TV. Great series. I recently finished "N.Y.P.D. Blue" and am working on "E.R."

Dillydipper likes this.
  15. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I've been taking advantage of a sudden access to Netflix to chip away at my "to watch" list. A couple weeks ago I finally started Babylon Berlin, which is a conspiracy thriller in pre-Nazi Germany. An inspector from Koln is transferred to Berlin, and gets caught up in the vice and extravagance of the place. 3 seasons, I'm just into #2.

Also watching Flower, a short comedy series with Olivia Coleman; kind of an Arrested Development on barbiturates.

And we're about to wrap up on The Sandman, which was a nicely-done treatment of Neil Gaiman's comic series.

16. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Is 'Babylon Berlin' in German with English sub-titles?

17. ALAN SICHERMAN

ALAN SICHERMAN Van Cortlandt Park, Bronx, NY

18. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Yep. Subtitles as well as dubbing, which doesn't always match the title, so it's an adjustment in your watching. Dark was notorious, I felt, for subtitles that didn't match the words coming out of the set, which were not the words coming out of the mouths of the characters. Somewhat disorienting. Still, nothing like it elsewhere.

19. CharleyRay

CharleyRay Forum Resident

Ross has the highest octave voice of "all" the actors in Friends. And that ain't funny!

20. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Password. Only 7,248 shows left to watch! Then onto Super Password!

Seriously, I've been watching Kevin Can F*** Himself on AMC. Currently airing the second and final season. It is a bit trippy at times. A. compound of a loud and vapid 3 camera Situation Comedy revolving around an obnoxious man-boy and a one camera 'film' drama about his emotionally drained wife's plan to kill him. The plot goes a little astray every so often. Or does it? :)

Caught in Providence is a guilty pleasure

21. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Forum Resident

What We Did In The Shadows has been just loonet Tunes this season !!

22. Solaris Morse

Solaris Morse Forum Resident

The Bridge.

23. fairaintfair

fairaintfair I Buried Paul

Just watched "Mr Inbetween" for the second time.

Remarkably good show...

trumpet sounds likes this.
  24. LilacTeardrop

Pam & Tommy
    Closing Episodes 7 & 8
    :righton:

[​IMG]

I found myself thinking as I was viewing the series, I hope that Lilly James & Sebastian Stan are nominated for Emmys for their outstanding performances & depictions of Pamela Anderson & Tommy Lee, so I was pleased to discover they are, in fact, up for Emmy's (tonight?), as is Seth Rogan, Hair & Make-up & the series. I thoroughly enjoyed it, despite not really having listened to Motley Crue other than what would be on the radio - I wouldn't switch it off - nor have I ever watched Baywatch. They were all so larger-than-life though, couldn't help but be at least somewhat aware of what was going on with them, their careers, escapades, etc. as they made news headlines.
    Miniseries was entertaining - I alternated feeling badly for a couple of these "characters!" - saying that in the "Wow, what a character!"sense! :eek::laugh:...Not so much for Tommy Lee, though. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  25. LilacTeardrop

Boston Legal - Season 2

Episode #25: The Squid - Marlene "The Squid" Stanger (Parker Posey) joins the firm, and Denise immediately sees her as competition; Donny Crane returns in a suit against the U.S. government's Mexico City Policy (aka the global gag rule), in which Denny is appointed to represent the government.

[​IMG]

Episode #26: Spring Fever - While Denny and Alan are on an annual spring fling at the L.A. office, Denny's pursuit of a beautiful celebrity (Jeri Ryan) lands them a high-profile case when she shoots a paparazzo; Brad's 16-year-old niece is charged with manslaughter when a friend dies from a drug overdose at a party; Shirley defends a Victorian erotica expert (Ed Begley, Jr.) charged with solicitation, and Marlene "the Squid" steals Denise's idea for his defense. - Robert Wagner also guested.

[​IMG]