The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Counterpart, on STARZ. Binged last night on the first 4 episodes. Amazing performances by J.K. Simmons (as Howard "Prime" and regular Howard). A difficult story to follow that asks much of its viewers. Not many like this around, love it.

2. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Currently bingeing True Blood. Is this show supposed to be hilariously funny?

Tokyo Ghost and tommy-thewho like this.
  3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Deadwood BD an episode.

4. GroovyGuy

GroovyGuy Forum Resident

Repeat of The Big Bang Theory. Somehow missed it the first time so I made sure to catch it on the PVR this time around ;)

Hadean75 likes this.
  5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Adam-12 - Season 2 DVDs.

Moshe and Hadean75 like this.
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Good Morning, World.

7. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

The X-Files season one episodes "Fallen Angel", "Eve" and "Fire".

8. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

One of my guilty pleasures...

Too Cute!

[​IMG]

Moshe likes this.
  9. Luckless Pedestrian

Luckless Pedestrian Forum Resident

Finished two German series on Netflix, Babylon Berlin (excellent, even with its underwhelming finale) and Dark (very good, glacial pace but glad I hung in).

Also finished the 7th and final season of A French Village; my expectations were low as it was billed as an epilogue, but it was quite good, a solid ending to one of the best series I’ve seen.

Started watching Marseille season 2. I have a feeling I’m not going to make it past episode 2 if a certain very large actor doesn’t either. First season was hit or miss anyway.

10. The broadcast of the Olympics finale, that just ended. Made every American Super Bowl halftime show ever look like a carnival sideshow.

Woo-hoo. Psychedelic. Which is something like my highest compliment, for that sort of thing. The precision of the lighting effects was astounding, as was the skating, dancing, and choreography. The level of synchronization was almost beyond belief.

I'm on record as opposing the mentality that demands that every live music performance be put on as a multimedia extravaganza. But the technology is there to do spectacular stadium shows like never before in history, and the South Koreans brought it. As for the music, I've always liked k-pop. It doesn't send me rushing for an exit, which is the case for some other synth genres I could name. Techno music that relies on the rising and falling dynamics of interlocking keyboard lines to achieve rhythmic propulsion is far superior to the kind that centers on a harsh drum attack that hammers on every beat.

There's definitely something uplifting about seeing such a high level of negentropic energy put together and displayed, on a planet of nearly 9 billion people. It certainly beats a collapse into warfare. Digital trompe l'oeil, flowing effortlessly across a display field the size of a stadium...wow. I would anticipate the appearance of a VR version. And who knows how much further this technology will advance by 2022. Maybe we'll all be transformed into photon beings by then...

11. mcchocchoc

mcchocchoc Forum Resident

A couple of episodes of Get Smart (Season Two). Loved the show as a young kid and still do. Overall I think it holds up well.

(Also watched a couple of episodes of Monk, Season One)

12. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Ash vs. Evil Dead.

Loved it...

DLD likes this.
  13. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

Friday night’s three-hour Old Grey Whistle Test special. So many happy memories. I would probably be one of many crying out to bring it back, but they can’t, and if they did it just couldn’t be the same.

Moshe, Jimmy B. and Hadean75 like this.
  14. Hadean75

Man, I wish they would show that here in the states lol! :agree:

Andy Smith likes this.
  15. Andy Smith

What, the anniversary special or repeats of the actual show?
    You make an interesting point. As so many American acts were featured, makes you wonder why BBC America doesn't do a middle-of-the-night screening or something. Any music fan with even just a passing interest in 70s & 80s material would warm to it. Bet the viewing figures in the States would be quite impressive. The BBC don't make anything these days unless it can be sold abroad.

Hadean75 likes this.
  16. Hadean75

Either. Both. ;)

I've only ever seen clips off of YouTube lol.

Andy Smith likes this.
  17. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Banshee - Season 1-4

alexpop likes this.
  18. beercanchicken

beercanchicken Legendary Stickman

Watched "Everything Sucks" on Netflix this past weekend. Had some decent moments but not many. And retro fitting these 80's & 90's nostalgia shows with modern 2017-18 doesn't make them feel very nostalgic for me...
    And now I have all of these 90's songs going on in my head, making everything feel like a soundtrack.

*Also watched the Chicago documentary, really had no idea how popular they were...

19. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

I am sick at home....so non-stop documentaries on Hitler and Nazis on the Nat Geo channel.

20. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

Season finale of “Victoria.”

21. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Latest episode of the series Waco. Great performances by Michael Shannon, Andrea Risborough (sp?), Taylor Kitsch, and several other known actors make this true retelling of the Branch Davidian disaster compelling tv. It's on some random cable channel so not gonna jump out at ya when yer scrolling thru the guide.

22. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Watched latest ep. of The Alienest.

Well done...

23. Tokyo Ghost

Tokyo Ghost Senior Member

Veronica Mars. Season 2, episodes 1 and 2.

[​IMG]

Andy Smith likes this.
  24. Andy Smith

Bloody great show! Much missed.

Tokyo Ghost likes this.
  25. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

The Twilight Zone - "The Chaser." Not the best episode, and pretty predictable, but not bad entertainment.
    I bet they had fun filming this one.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018