The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Three's Company.

2. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

I can see why you would like to watch it!

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  3. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

That episode of The Simpsons which featured Elon Musk. Yikes - nothing but 20 minutes of propaganda for the guest star. An episode like this one would've been impossible when the show was on its peak (say 1990-1994).

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

The Outer Limits original series BD...

5. All Rights

All Rights Senior Member

Frosty the Snowman (1969)

6. Michael

Honeymooners...39.

7. Michael

essential during the Christmas season...

8. C4rl

C4rl Forum Resident

Season 3 of The Last Kingdom on Netflix, very good :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

9. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

That '70s Show

10. Michael

Outer Limits on BD...

11. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

I binge watched 4 seasons of You're The Worst

Season One: Novelist Jimmy meets publicist Gretchen at his ex's wedding and they begin a 'romance'. More sex jokes in the first episode than the entire lifespan of Two Broke Girls. The supporting characters really drag things down towards the end.

Season Two: The 'romance' continues but halfway into the season there's a plot twist that changes everything that happened before it. Picks itself up towards a strong final episode

Season Three: The first episode is probably the worst ever but it introduces a couple of threads that keep going throughout the season, then there's a few episodes just to remind the viewer how horrible these people really are, then it gets experimental (two episodes show the same story from two different characters' perspective, a party with 6 minute tracking shots, two minor characters get a whole road trip episode to themselves) but, once again, the last episode is a killer.

Season Four: The first three episodes are really strong but the 6th episode (The Fog of War, Bro) is the all time funniest episode. Lou Diamond Philips shows up later in the season and has a classic line about John Stamos and The Beach Boys. Probably the strongest season yet. Bring on season five

12. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

The Big Bang Theory rerun

13. Michael

Andy Griffith Show on BD...

14. Tokyo Ghost

Tokyo Ghost Senior Member

Heroes. Season 1.

15. direstraitsfan98

direstraitsfan98 Well-Known Member

I've always been extremely picky with TV shows. I find too often they delve into what I call 'TV Tropes' where the script is stretched thin to fit 50 minutes of content into each episode, you can tell the writers are getting bored. Dumb sideplots that are irrelevant to the overall story. Expanded character paths that lead nowhere. Basically a lot of 'filler' and 'fluff'. Not only that, but a large amount of TV shows have really bad acting. I get that television is not in the same league as the silver screen, but I'm jaded when these shows actually do have a decently large budget and squander it somehow on really bad acting.

Anyway to answer the thread topic, I've been watching True Detective. It's got to be the best TV show I've ever seen.

16. Michael

an episode of Meet Corliss Archer

17. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

Forensic Files

18. Veggie Boy

Veggie Boy still trudgin'

Sunday afternoon binge watching a bunch of Partridge Family episodes I PVR'ed

19. Tokyo Ghost

Tokyo Ghost Senior Member

Beverly Hills 90210.

Season 1.

20. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

Finished watching Endeavour - Quartet, and was surprised at the wrap up of the 'domestic'. Earlier, the line 'buy British, get Boris' brought a smile, and when Alex, the don was introduced, I thought: "Lord, it's Bertrand Russell, come back from the dead!"

four sticks and Mylene like this.
  21. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

What's Happening Now!!

22. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

Finished up the last 2 and a half seasons of Bojack Horseman over the weekend. Started watching it back in April but stopped then picked it back up on Saturday. As much as I enjoy Rick & Morty this is probably the best-animated show around and has been for the past 5 years or so given the general decline of the long-standing shows like South Park and the Simpsons.

23. The Russell Howard Hour
    The Mash Report
    The Last Leg
    Have I Got News For You

Do they make any actual sitcoms in the UK any more?
    Actually, I don't think we do either.
    On that note .... Earlier in the week ....

Mother and Son - Wikipedia

24. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

Walking Through History, Norman Pembrokeshire episode- with an interesting discussion of Gerald Of Wales. Did not realise Tony Robinson was a 'Sir'.

25. Michael

Honeymooners Christmas episode....