The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

Watched the season premiere of Gotham last night. This is supposedly the last season, and the plotline is meandering, but the art direction and cinematography is the best on network TV.

misterbozz likes this.
  2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

on DVD, unfortunately.... I have the first 5 seasons...when are we going to get a complete series BD box set?! oh yea, right after we buy the 9th season on D V D!!!!

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  3. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I didn't realize they released Season 5.... I own Seasons 1-4, which I purchased in a "box set" type of package at Walmart...

Michael likes this.
  4. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

The Soprano's
    Seinfeld
    The Fugitive
    The Untouchables

5. Michael

yes, saw that set...I purchased them individually, but the first season was on MPI which was missing the Christmas Episode... then they reissued the series starting with S1...

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  6. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

Emergency!

currently making my through the Season 1 dvds.

7. Jocko

Jocko Forum Resident

Recently several of the reruns of Reno 911 on Comedy Central. Really funny stuff, but reminds me how politically incorrect it currently is. Back when it came out, it pushed the envelope and I liked that! Too bad things are getting more uptight as time goes on concerning comedy.

George P likes this.
  8. Michael

Have Gun Will Travel...

TimM and Grand_Ennui like this.
  9. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

Surviving R Kelly. Stick a fork in that dude's career...

10. TimM

TimM Senior Member

Bosch - Season 4 on AMazon
    Harry O - Season 1 on DVD

11. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

A few episodes of "Gomer Pyle, USMC" on DVD...

12. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Hopman Cup Final
    Live From Perth

Roger Federer & Switzerland Wins!

13. pblmow

pblmow Forum Resident

Death Row Stories
    World Poker Tour
    Amanpour and Company

14. ando here

ando here Forum Resident

Mysteries of the Bible: Part 1, Who Wrote The Bible? (1994)
    Excellent (rare) series by The History Channel that was recently uploaded on YT. Really, one of the best of it's kind; serious, inclusive, unbiased look at the origin of the texts that doesn't insult believers or armchair scholars. It's also mercifully absent of sectarian argument or hokey dramatizations. Highly recommended.

15. Tokyo Ghost

Tokyo Ghost Senior Member

Dawson's Creek. Season 1.
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Season 7.

Karnak likes this.
  16. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Sex Education, a new series on Netflix.
    Written, directed, and starring Brits (except for a very sexy Gillian Anderson, affecting a convincing British accent), this is probably the most American-looking teen sex comedy ever made, in a seemingly timeless age set in the most John Hughes-like high school this side of Breakfast Club. It features the usual teen types, except that these characters have such fleshed- out (literally, if you've seen the show) personalities that really set this show apart from all others. It seems to be meant for a young adult audience, as long as that audience has fairly liberal parents that are okay with all of the graphic sex and nudity on display.
    In turns very heavy and quite ribald at times, Sex Education ultimately paints a vivid picture of a placid English countryside school filled with kids (and adults) dealing with problems trivial and life-changing, with dialogue that seems wholly appropriate for the age group. It's also undeniably British (I needed the captions on for a lot of the slang). It depicts a diversity of life styles and relationships that no "traditional" American sitcom would dare touch without being unbearably patronizing.
    Easily binged in one sitting (thank you, again, British short seasons), this is highly recommended.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  17. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

I understand that it's quite vulgar at times. Is that just for shock value or is it actually witty? I'm certainly not a prude, but I don't need to have my intelligence insulted by puerile stupidity, either!

18. Michael

Vikings....

Tokyo Ghost likes this.
  19. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

I watched the first episode last night. I'd say, based this episode, it was more shock value, and quite vulgar. I'm far from a prude so I'm willing to give it a few episodes to see where this goes.

20. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I dvr'd New Amsterdam and started to watch it.

Decent show.

21. ando here

ando here Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    Streetcar Named Desire (1995)
    Glenn Jordan's tv version of Tennessee Williams' legendary play, starring Jessica Lange as Blanche. She's good. Alex Baldwin, Diane Lane and John Goodman are adequate as Stanley, Stella and Mitch. Production lacks dynamism; only Lange acts with any sense of urgency. Best thing about this version is that you get to see most of the play without the Hollywood edits in the Kazan (Brando/Leigh) film. And Lange's Golden Globe winning performance. This scratchy YT streamer may not be up long.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  22. ando here

ando here Forum Resident

23. Michael

Vikings

Tokyo Ghost likes this.
  24. starkiller

starkiller Forum Resident

Would have been some "Whose Line is it Anyway" some years back...I don't watch the tube except the ones in my stereo :)

25. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

You're the Worst (season 5, episode 1)
    Totally weird way to start a season. No recurring character appears in the first 15 minutes. An experiment that actually works. Unbelievable last line.