The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I was turned on to this 20+ years ago by my wife's son from her first marriage. We were hopelessly hooked. I bought all the music cds (it's like Peter Gunn 4 years later). And yes, I have never watched any other anime. There are also musical references dropped in here and there (one episode is titled 'Speak Like A Child'). Last time I checked one episode is verboten in the US as it has bldgs. similar to the World Trade Ctrs being blown up. There is a movie that takes place somewhere around 2/3 the way through the series that is not quite as good as you'd expect, but it is worth your time.
    Oh yea, now every time I see a Corgi on TV or on the street, I say "Ein!"

Parachute Woman likes this.
  2. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

We actually watched the film for the first time this weekend. It was, as you say, okay. Like an extra-long middle-tier episode. I enjoyed it, but the series itself reins supreme in my heart.

The episode titles are indeed often music references--and some pretty obscure ones too. The episode that introduces Ed is called 'Jamming with Edward.' Fairly obscure Stones-related reference there. :) There are other music references sprinkled throughout. The three old guys that show up every couple of episodes are called Antonio, Carlos and Jobim. :p

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

True Detective-S2

polchik and Tokyo Ghost like this.
  4. ando here

ando here Forum Resident

World at War: Episode 2 - Distant War: September 1939 - May 1940

Germany invades Poland; Britain & France declare war on Germany; England braces for confrontation with Germany at home. Hard to top episode 1, which focused on the rise of The Third Reich, but the actual footage from events happening at that time keep it a fascinating watch.

5. Tokyo Ghost

Tokyo Ghost Senior Member

Almost finished season 3 of Beverly Hills 90210.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  6. ando here

ando here Forum Resident

World at War: Episode 9 - Stalingrad: June 1942-February 1943

This ep. is a favorite as I don't recall much, if any, primary school or secondary school instruction on The Soviet Union's fairly pivotol role in driving the German army back into Berlin. Cold War fallout, I suppose, was to be blamed. I grew up thinking Patton and Ike whipped The Germans without much help. In any case, the coverage of the battle at Stalingrad is of the best episodes in the series.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  7. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Episode 2 of the current season of Man In The High Castle on the 'zon. Still dang good

8. Michael

The walking dead...it's been rough...

9. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

Flack on POP. it's a decent show but really just fluff. i'm a fan of Anna Paquin so i'll watch

10. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

Last saw a couple of season 2 Beverly Hillbillies episodes on DVD - Jethro's First Love and Chickadee Returns.
    Had Barbara Nichols, from movies like Sweet Smell of Success, Pal Joey etc., as a stripper Jethro think he's fallen for.
    Great episodes.

Before that the last show I saw was the Toody Undercover episode of Car 54, Where Are You?, on Amazon Prime. (I also have it on DVD but this was better quality)

My two favorite comedy series, I wish they were on Blu-ray but I'm just glad to see them, esp. in quite good quality.

11. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Cardinal (season 3) The one thing wrong with this show is that the title character has to be the centre of the action o matter what. In the middle of investigating the death of his wife he gets kidnapped by the survivalists who are featuring in a parallel story. Lengthening the timeline would have made more sense.

12. George P

George P Notable Member

Brooklyn 9-9

13. Michael

The Walking Dead

jlocke08 likes this.
  14. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Informer (season 1) . A kid gets blackmailed by the police and become an informer. This BBC show is highly influenced by Breaking Bad inasmuch as everything that can go wrong goes wrong with ultra-violent results.

15. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

You're the Worst (season 5 episode 10) Basically the 'meltdown' episode. Filmed in a highly stylised way (long tracking shots) Gretchen has to make a career defining decision and instead decides to destroy everything in her path.

16. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

I am on a serious Inspector Lewis kick. All other TV shows have been relegated to an obscure time in the future.

Mylene likes this.
  17. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Been slowly catching up on New Amsterdam.

I think Dr. Bloom is hot!!!

18. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

The Twilight Zone - Eye Of The Beholder. (Original title - Private World Of Darkness)

One of the very best episodes of the series.

[​IMG]

ando here and polchik like this.
  19. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

just finished season 5 of 'the wire' early this morning .....weeklong binge marathon of seasons 1-5.

ma ma mia. i'm rather speechless.

jlocke08 likes this.
  20. ando here

ando here Forum Resident

Wednesday's Mets-Astros exhibition game. Nice pitching matchup (Syndergaard/Cole). Everyone stepping up their hustle before the regular season start on the 28th.

21. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

[​IMG]

The woman who plays Inspector Lewis' boss' father designed the Rubber Soul logo!

22. Kristofa

Cool trivia, thanks! She is by far the best dressed and most elegant character on the show.

23. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

[​IMG]
    She was the brewery owner's daughter in Time Gentleman Please. Vicki Jackson. If you look her up she's been in almost every British show for the last twenty years. She's even played robots.

Kristofa likes this.
  24. Kristofa

I also like how she is more involved than Strange ever was... except perhaps Strange’s role in the prequel.

Mylene likes this.
  25. Michael

walking dead...5 eps in 2 days...

jlocke08 likes this.