The Mandalorian-Star Wars Live Action Series*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

this. lol

2. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

3. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

This is the Way.

4. Jord

Jord Forum Resident

Don't know how seriously we should take that birthday post on social media but Jackson has repeatedly said he would like to return and at least in the movies, it's only probable that Windu is dead. We don't see a body and as far as I know he isn't mentioned anymore.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  5. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

I watched the final 2 episodes last night finally and really enjoyed this season. Yep the appearance of Skywalker does make the heart skip a beat. Nicely done.

‘I’m an original Star Wars fan, saw A New Hope in NYC at the Astor Plaza in May 1977 before it became a cultural milestone, so I appreciate the effort.

BeatleJWOL and Peace N. Love like this.
  6. indigovic

indigovic (Taylor’s Version)

I’m also waiting for her to respond to “This is the way” by saying “So say we all.”

polchik likes this.
  7. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Thanks for the tip. There was some good stuff in that Season 2 behind the scenes extra, but unfortunately nothing regarding Mark or the end of the season 2 finale. It was conspicuous in its absence, though it does seem a little early to do a full reveal on that. And I suppose that would warrant a whole featurette by itself.

By the way, has C3PO been in The Mandalorian? He's shown being prepped, but I couldn't remember where he showed up. I may have missed that.

8. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

That was the teacher droid that oversaw the classroom that Grogu was left at for a while in a mid-season episode. Same basic design as C-3PO but painted red.

9. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Ah yes, now I remember. Thank you. I should have remembered since they showed all the kids getting ready for the classroom scene too.

DeeThomaz likes this.
  10. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

She almost got to battle some Gods Dammed Cylons at the end there

GentleSenator and DeeThomaz like this.
  11. GregM

GregM The expanding man

I kind of like that about the original Star Wars and Mandalorian series--the technology was superior and advanced, but like today's technology is fraught with glitches, bugs and just plain incompetence. It speaks truer to me than sci fi depictions where everything runs flawlessly. Marvel took notes on that for Guardians of the Galaxy, and it lends an element of surprise and something we all can relate to.

As for spoilers...
    I thought the Mandalorian taking off his helmet to say goodbye to Grogu was far more meaningful than the digital Luke's appearance. In fact, I wish the Mandalorian had managed to access some power of the force to take out the black troopers, rather than this borrowed interest of a savior coming in to rescue them. It just left me cold in a way that the Mandalorian never did.

12. Peace N. Love

Peace N. Love Forum Resident

Yes. Keep watching. The first episodes of season 2 are decent but it gets much better after that.

13. David Campbell

So the Disney Gallery Mandalorian special gave us a lot of info on behind the scenes of season 2, but nothing on that famous cameo. My guess is they were so intent on keeping it secret that they didn't even let the Documentarians on set for those scenes.

I'm still impressed that they kept it quiet for a year without any leaks.

The only thing disappointing is that given the fact they had a year that they couldn't have done a better CGI job on Luke's face, but it's mostly forgivable. It was Mark Hamill back as Luke Skywalker once again,something I thought would happen again after Rise of Skywalker. After losing Carrie and the other OT actors we've lost the last couple years, seeing any one of our original OT actors back as their character, even briefly, is something we shouldn't take for granted.

14. Jord

Jord Forum Resident

Whether it's right or not, I would be surprised if we didn't see more of the OT cast.

A few years ago all of the MCU cast got digitally scanned so they could be easily used in new projects via CGI.

I would be very surprised if the SW cast weren't scanned as well. Once deaging tech becomes cheaper I'm sure we'll see more of the OT cast.

It may sound bizarre and creepy now but a new OT era movie with the OT cast would do amazing numbers at the box office.

15. rich100

rich100 Forum Resident

Anyone hear the mention of filing TPS reports? :) Bonus points if you get the reference

16. David Kellar

David Kellar Forum Resident

Office Space.

rich100 likes this.
  17. David Campbell

I'm sure we will get more stories with the OT characters, but I think it's more likely we will eventually see new actors in the role.

I'm not sure a full on movie with the OT characters portrayed by CGI approximations of Mark,Harrison and especially Carrie would do all that well,especially when it's not really them. I guess you could get Mark and Harrison do the voice work while they are with is,but at that point you'd be better off doing something like the clone Wars or Rebels and not photorealistic zombies of dead actors/actresses. For me it would be a big turn off. Maybe in 20 years perhaps when it's more common,but I don't think it would fly in today's climate,even if it got perfect.

But I could be dead wrong.

18. Now my 17 year old son wants to watch it, so I've been checking it out with him.

I haven't found as many faults with it as I had the first time. Maybe because watching it with him enjoying our time together and that puts a more rosey glow to the show.

19. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

i suspect there’s a lot of that happening (in regards to all the different perspectives regardimg disneyLF) lol .... and that’s ...ok ! happy new year to you both!

EVOLVIST likes this.
  20. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

21. Stratoblaster

Stratoblaster A skeptical believer....

1983: Return Of The Jedi
    2020: Return of THE Jedi

Red 5 standing by....

22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Doh... a major cast member was just fired for making controversial statements on social media...

'The Mandalorian' Star Gina Carano Fired Amid Social Media Controversy

Ya know, it seems to me when you have a big part in a massive TV show or movie, you gotta STFU and maybe stay on the down-low a little. I'm not gonna get into politics, but no matter where you are in the political spectrum, you can't reference "The Holocaust" in your messages and say you're as much a victim as the Jews were in WWII. That's just career suicide.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  23. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

Prediction: the show will be just fine without her.

razerx, Maggie, GRompre68 and 4 others like this.
  24. Juan Matus

Juan Matus Reformed Audiophile

It's bad for Disney's business. That's really the bottom line, it's about money. They have a certain image they want to maintain. They don't want to be involved with any of this and probably think there is no upside to the exposure. They are not in the business of defending free speech they are in the entertainment business and would probably like to stay out of any touchy subjects etc.

Stormrider77 and NaturalD like this.
  25. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

I understand why it went that way, but we had to delete a boatload of politically charged posts as well as responses to them. I am confident that you know better, so let's make an attempt to steer clear from this point forward.

This is the way ... (to avoid further closures and thread bans)

Thanks. :wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.