The Mandalorian-Star Wars Live Action Series*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I’m wondering what the odds are of the series getting a physical Blu-ray release. I’d love a set with deleted scenes, audio commentaries etc. Disney obviously wants to increase membership for its online service so the odds are probably slim but curious if anyone has heard otherwise?

2. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

I feel like season sets are unlikely but maybe when the show's run is finished? Assuming we're not all just plugging ethernet cables into our skulls by then, of course. :D

3. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Odds are 50/50.

On the one hand Disney seem to be moving away from physical media - too much trouble and they want people to use Disney+. They have let a lot of classic Fox films go out of print as well.

On the other hand Disney care about one thing most - making money - and I think it would sell really well even to people who've watched it on Disney+ already.

4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Another strange connection...

[​IMG]

5. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

Not to mention that Baby Yoda's "real" name is Grogu...

Grogu....Gizmo...hmmm...

6. Juan Matus

Juan Matus Reformed Audiophile

Started watching it the other day as we have a trial run of Disney+. Pretty good. Basically seems like a western to me so far.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    brownie61 and Pete Puma like this.
  7. ribors

ribors Forum Resident

Agreed. Fortunately, coming next month....

Luke Skywalker's Mandalorian Cameo Getting a Behind the Scenes Special

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  8. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

If you watch the Making Of series (I forget what it's called) they go into this.

BeatleJWOL and Juan Matus like this.
  9. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Out of all the expanded universe material to draw from, I was really surprised to see the Dark Troopers in the season 2 finale.... is that the first time they've been used since their original appearance?

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  10. indigovic

indigovic (Taylor’s Version)

Wookieepedia indicates that this was their first appearance outside of a bunch of video games, a handful of roleplaying game products, and one non-canon comic book story.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  11. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

12. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

When is the house of boba fett thing? Or Obi Wan? We gettin something for Xmas?

13. BeatleJWOL

Shawn likes this.
  14. drumzNspace

Nice!

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  15. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

It took me a while to get around to this, but then I smashed both seasons out of the park in a couple of days.
    Way better than I was expecting!
    A couple of episodes were a bit 'sluggish' and didn't account for much, but overall, very enjoyable.
    I know this is the common format for a series, but because I'd rather watch a whole season in one go,
    I actually grabbed all of the episodes, cut the starts and finishes off each episode, and condensed series 1 and 2 into 2 movies.
    The few minutes of repeat stuff they have at the start of each episode, I deleted all that.
    Now I can watch season 1 and 2 without interruptions, and it flows more like a movie.
    I much prefer this.

BeatleJWOL and SJP like this.
  16. ribors

ribors Forum Resident

Sounds like a neat way to watch, but for me the ending credits with concept art are essential viewing and I wouldn't want to edit those out.

jamesc, MarkO and Rick Bartlett like this.
  17. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

18. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Glad to see Fennec stick around. She's hot.

PTgraphics likes this.
  19. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

Is it me or does that just look...dull?

FACE OF BOE likes this.
  20. BeatleJWOL

It's not top tier Star Wars (still more excited for Mando S3, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka...) but I wouldn't call it dull. It's a little bit the Godfather in a galaxy far, far away.

Very, very satisfying to see Boba Fett once again kicking @$$.

21. drumzNspace

Does anyone else have a little bit of a problem that Boba is this respectable guy now? All on the side of the good guys and all? He’s all like “I want to rule with honor,” and all? Wasn’t he supposed to be the most vile scum in the galaxy?

22. BeatleJWOL

We never saw him at Mos Eisley, so no :D

He was a bounty hunter, a group of people that that a couple of Imperials called "scum" tho, so that makes them pretty great in my book.

Robert Rodriguez is heading this series up, and he's buddies with Tarantino, so I feel certain the boundaries between good guy and bad guy will be delightfully blurred.

GentleSenator and MarkO like this.
  23. Can't wait.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  24. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

I'm still confused as to how Boba Fett is still alive. I stick to the main movies, so I last saw him falling into the Sarlaac Pit in Return Of The Jedi. Has it been explained how made it out? Was the idea of him surviving that created so he could appear in The Mandalorian and now this series, or was already known?

Sorry, just an old school fan here who hasn't kept up with the expanded universe.

25. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

20(?) years ago they explained him getting out of the Sarlac pit on one of books. Canon at the time, but who knows. The Mando armor held up against the creature's digestive acid I believe. Something like that

JAuz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.