The Mandalorian-Star Wars Live Action Series*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrahamBW

GrahamBW Senior Member

Threepio said the sarlaac would slowly digest over a thousand years. That doesn't sound like very strong digestive acid. In comparison, I can digest a pizza in a matter of hours!

PhoffiFozz and superstar19 like this.
  2. indigovic

indigovic (Taylor’s Version)

No longer canon (but I believe also not yet actually contradicted by anything in current canon).

The “best” canon explanation we have at the moment is from The Mandalorian, where Boba just says “fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched." But it does seem like this is a story that could easily be told in a series called The Book of Boba Fett…

3. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

The pre-2007 books got shuffled into a category called Legends after Disney purchased Lucasfilm. This was explained as the new films not needing to have anything to do with the previous 36 years of stories.

The original Boba Fett story has him escaping, being rescued by Jawas, losing his memory, running into R2, Han Solo, and Princess Leia again, recovering his memory, fighting them and crashing into the Sarlacc again, this time escaping by exploiting a telepathic link between one of the denizens of the creature's stomach and the creature itself in order to get him blasted out of the beast by his jetpack, then being rescued by fellow bounty hunter Dengar. (the one with the bandages on his head, from Empire Strikes Back)

Boba Fett/Legends

I have a feeling whatever story they come up with for Book of Boba Fett will probably be not as complicated :laugh:

marmalade166, superstar19 and JAuz like this.
  4. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

That’s a whole prequel film trilogy for the 2030s! Book it! :p

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  5. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

6. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

This trailer was dropped 2 weeks ago and I just stumbled upon it last night. It wasn’t mentioned here either.

Looks great!

I’ve taken a break from some of the recent star warses. Kenobi didn’t leave much of a mark, I’m sitting out Andor (Rogue One was decent but I don’t care much for the character one way or another - let me know if I’m wrong and the series is great). But Mando is definitely still great. I’m looking forward to more Bo Kattan, Carl Weathers’s Greef Karga, hopefully some Koska Reeves, and some further adventures. This production still gives me that awesome Star Wars feeling. Kenobi didn’t get that done for me.

7. zombie dai

zombie dai people live in dreams, but not in their own

i preferred kenobi. the mando has the production qualities but the speech is reminiscent of epiosde 1 in its unnatural delivery and the plots are very thin. the best mando episode was in the book of fett 'mando returns'

PhoffiFozz likes this.
  8. zombie dai

in the legends novels he is very respectable

9. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Just A Flea-Bit Peanut Monkey

The new trailer for season 3 of The Mandolorian will debut Monday night during half time of NFL Wild Card game between the Dallas Cowboys & the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

10. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Just A Flea-Bit Peanut Monkey

The new trailer

11. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

Can't wait for this.

12. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

13. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Better than the game.

14. FredHubbard

FredHubbard Forum Resident

dude, Andor is incredible. i'm not much of a fan of these other spin offs but Andor was seriously great. the second series will lead right up to Rogue One.

15. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

I actually did end up watching Andor shortly after my post you quoted b/c I heard it was in fact good, and I agree, I enjoyed it a lot. Much better than Kenobi.

marmalade166 and FredHubbard like this.
  16. rjp

rjp Senior Member

star wars films are the movie equivalent to the doors musically.

they will never ever stop making star wars films.

17. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

They already killed the SW film line from Disney. Episodic tv shows will be around. SW toy sales went down in the past few months, even baby yoda stuff have hit the bargain racks.

18. indigovic

indigovic (Taylor’s Version)

19. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

Yeah, Grogu is becoming a less popular franchise asset with every passing day.

:laugh:

20. SoundAdvice

It's not moving in the past year and tons of it has been seen in bargain bins. Just today I picked up a pair of Baby Yoda 13-inch plushies with silicone heads for USD$30 total - both 1st pressing ones before they changed some features.

21. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

Motorcity supernaut likes this.
  22. CusBlues

CusBlues Fort Wayne’s Favorite Retired Son

I think the only thing they killed was the Luke Skywalker saga. The rest of the Star Wars universe is alive and well.

PhoffiFozz and marmalade166 like this.
  23. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

Buying multiple Grogu plushies and evincing a superfan command of the nuances of baby Yoda collectibles may not be the evidence against Star Wars consumer enthusiasm you think it is.

:yikes:

Anthrax, marmalade166 and SRC like this.
  24. zombie dai

and cancelling the eu novels

25. SoundAdvice

Its an industry wide thing and has been documented. Walking into a Toys R Us, the Star Wars section is down to only a couple square feet of shelf space. Its also been documented that a majority of SW sales are now childless adults.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.