The Mandalorian-Star Wars Live Action Series*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FACE OF BOE

FACE OF BOE Senior Member

Surely baby Ewok is the cutest?

[​IMG]

ian christopher likes this.
  2. timind

timind phorum rezident

Watched the first two episodes. May watch the rest when the season finishes. No hurry here.

3. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

Mos Eisley!!

Linger63, BGLeduc and ian christopher like this.
  4. ian christopher

ian christopher Argentina (in Spirit)

Ep. 5 intro spaceship skirmish/shootout reminded me so much of the original Battlestar Gallactica show - too cool for words.

CoachD, BeatleJWOL and BGLeduc like this.
  5. I got a bit of a Top Gun vibe.....Mando should have said to the kid “I’ll hit the brakes....he’ll fly right by”.

Lots of fan service in this one.

FVDnz and ian christopher like this.
  6. I guess they DO now serve droids in the Cantina. In fact, they appear to run the place.

ssmith3046, Murph, JuanTCB and 3 others like this.
  8. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I'm watching the show every Friday but I dont think its really leaving much of a mark on me personally. I reckon once it's over I'll probably forget I even watched it (except for IG-88 scene.... pew! pew! pew!). For a guy on the run and in hiding he sure doesn't mind getting involved in local skirmishes each week.

9. ian christopher

He needed money after his ship got lit up, so he sought out a job on Tattooine in last night's episode.

Not to mention the fact that, as a lifelong bounty hunter and warrior, perhaps we shouldn't discount the fact that our imperfect protagonist probably has a little lust for battle and the chase/pursuit in him - an addiction that will likely be a part of future plots and one that helps flesh out his character.

Thirdly, Tattooine is a remote, desolate place - not s place where one will become the talk of the universe for accepting a side quest

10. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

Amy Sedaris: space mechanic :uhhuh:

11. Daniel Plainview

Is it wrong that I think mechanic lady is love child of Shmi and Tusken chief?

12. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

And she is Rey's mother,making Rey Luke's cousin!! Meaning she's a Skywalker after all!!

Oops! spoiler!!

13. AlphabetMan

AlphabetMan Senior Member

After ep 5 the tone I'm getting for the show is (unlike the first three episodes) that it is basically a mini-adventure every episode rather than a larger arch. It may work, seems to be a useful spot for the writers to insert some little nuggets that will relate to future movies. It could be, for all I know, that after the last episode/season the Mandalorian's fate is left ambiguous and he remains a character of our musing, rather than anything bigger. I can't say anything for sure but I seems so for me.

14. Stephen J

Stephen J Forum Resident

I have enjoyed The Mandalorian quite a bit, and look forward to its Friday release. This despite the fact that in an artistic sense, there is a lot to take issue with. The acting is wooden and the dialogue and plot moves are basic, you can set your watch by what will happen next.

And yet, it has a kind of magic to it that has drawn me in. The writers have managed to infuse it with the spirit of Star Wars. And that kind of trumps everything.

15. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

Now that they’ve followed-up The Seven Samurai with a bounty hunter double cross episode we can extrapolate the next episode will be The Great Train Robbery or Mandalorian and friends orchestrate an elaborate con job at a Poker game.

Daniel Plainview likes this.
  16. Daniel Plainview

Next episode probably a "Roshomon" homage followed by "A Snowspeeder Named Desire".

17. ian christopher

only mild criticism of The Mandalorian thus far is the lack of consistent "side" characters episode to episode - in other words, its thus far been the Mando and Baby Yoda show, with new characters introduced in each episode that are solely for "one off" appearances, seemingly.

18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Mandalorian bitterly regretting feeding baby Yoda after midnight

[​IMG]

ssmith3046, FVDnz, neo123 and 3 others like this.
  19. marmalade166

Did someone say Spaghetti Western tropes...

rmath84, Vidiot and ian christopher like this.
  20. marmalade166

Latest episode is an improvement on the last one for me, and Bill Burr has a much larger role than I expected!

21. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

My husband and I are totally out of step with everyone else on this show. The only episode we really enjoyed was last week's. But everyone was saying that one was mediocre and this week was better. We didn't like this one at all. Bad acting, underwritten characters, one hallway set they used over and over again. We don't like that there is no recurring supporting cast on this show. It's just Mando and Baby Yoda (who can't talk) plus a bunch of new randoms every week. A television show needs a cast of characters so you can enjoy their chemistry and dynamics and see how they evolve.

Also: I continue to not understand the characterization on the Mandolorian himself. He's been shown straight up murdering jawas and storm troopers in previous episodes but in this episode he seemed to have some kind of Batman no kill code? Or he had a real problem with killing? They want him to be heroic and noble but they also want him to be "cool" and a lone wolf bounty hunter badass. It feels confused and I still have no real grasp on who he is as a person.

Shawn likes this.
  22. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

I've liked or loved every episode up until this one - it just left me completely indifferent in every possible way. It was just... boring.

That said, the concept of a space Boston accent was pretty solid.

23. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I'd agree that the latest episode was surprisingly lackluster.

24. Daniel Plainview

I enjoyed this weeks installment.

bpmd1962 likes this.
  25. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

This week's instalment was thoroughly enjoyable. Loved seeing Bobby from Sons of Anarchy show up and the X-Wing cameos by directors of some of the episodes so far were the icing on the cake. Even seeing Bill Burr, Natalia Tena as a Twi'lek and Clancy Brown as a Devaron was really cool. Got a laugh out of the line that Mayfield (Burr) argued that he was not a stormtrooper. You'll see what I mean. :D

bpmd1962 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.