The Monkees complete TV show on Blu-ray box set.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Pizza, Sep 8, 2015.

1. boggs

boggs Multichannel Machiavellian

Agreed.

longdist01 and supermd like this.
  2. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

@audiomixer ,

I don't know where you're at now in terms of getting a replacement or anything, but if you haven't contacted them thru this email address, I'd certainly give it a shot: [email protected]

I'm not sure if they're handling the Blu-Ray set differently than the newly released 'Headquarters' SDE, but here's why I am suggesting the email address I posted here to you or anybody else who may need to contact Rhino: Back on 12/05 of last year, I emailed Rhino at that email address and inquired about receiving a new inner tray for the 'Headquarters' SDE since the one in my set was damaged. I received a reply from them the first day telling me a customer service rep will be getting a hold of me, and that was almost right away as well. They sent an email saying that they'd be looking into my issue and that it could take up to 8 weeks for anything to be resolved, and again, this was back in December of last year.

Then, on February 6 of this year, I received an email from them telling me that my replacement was on the way and it had all the tracking info, etc. as it had when I originally ordered the set. Yesterday, 10 days after they sent my email, I received the replacement in the mail...

It took awhile (8 weeks like they said it'd be), but in the end they came through, so it *is* possible to get good customer service from them...

longdist01 likes this.
  3. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Thank you for our reply and information. Yes, that it one of the 3 email addresses I contacted and each time I got the same "form" email back also saying that it could take up to 8 weeks for a replacement. That said, I have never had a customer rep reach out to me. That seems to happening with the Headquarters SDE and not so much with the Blu-ray set. I started a dispute with my credit card company and they still haven't heard back from them at all.
    Before it's all said and done, I will either get or not get a replacement or a credit to my account. As I've said before, I'm only trying to be fair here...$200 fair. Not a lot to ask.

Grand_Ennui and longdist01 like this.
  4. 3Dman

3Dman The Adventure Begins

I am going to give that email address a shot. Basically since I’ve opened the box I haven’t touched it. I look at those messed up innards and it does not inspire me to play the contents. Weird I know, but that’s how it’s gone so far for me.

5. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

Yup. Back when it originally came out.

D-rock likes this.
  6. audiomixer

How long did it take you to get it resolved? Days? Weeks? Months? Years?

7. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

A couple of weeks, maybe? I just emailed them telling them that the tray was trashed (I'm pretty sure I used whatever customer service email address everyone on here was having success with). I may have included a photo. I don't remember whether or not they replied to the email but little while later, the new box arrived.

D-rock likes this.
  8. audiomixer

Yeah. Things have changed. I’m getting no response whatsoever for over 2 months.

9. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

10. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

The 1966/1967 calendar matches up to 2022/2023, so I've been watching an episode a week on Monday nights since September.

Every time I watch one I marvel at how good they look - and sound - on this Blu-Ray set.

Agreed, it's expensive, but it is, IMHO, worth every penny. Get it before you can't. Especially at this price.

11. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

12. audiomixer

Now I feel even better about my credit card dispute for damaged and defective goods.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
    supermd, longdist01 and deadbirdie like this.
  13. jrice

jrice Senior Member

Thanks for the tips. I figure the sale might be indicative of them being down to the last copies. So I finally went for it. Sale price plus a promo coupon was the final push I needed. Of course, it will most likely arrive damaged but at least I'll have the discs. Shipping to Canada was pretty reasonable.

14. audiomixer

Hopefully the damage is non-existent or minimal. Yes, I looks like they are just trying to get rid of the remaining stock.

chilinvilin and longdist01 like this.
  15. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Forum Resident

16. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

What's with the 10 LP colored vinyl set???? Didn't see that one coming!
    Beave

longdist01 likes this.
  17. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

Record Store Day 2016

longdist01 likes this.
  18. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Lots of discussion about the box in this thread:

Monkees Record Store Day exclusives 2016

longdist01 likes this.
  19. The Beave

longdist01 and dasacco like this.
  20. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

"What Am I Doing Hangin' Round"
    [Alternate vocal]​

MisterNines, RobRoyF, mBen989 and 5 others like this.
  21. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Forum Resident

I remember this well. I used to walk to another dorm that had a color TV in the lounge to watch it.

On this date, 2/23, in 1986, MTV aired 22 hours of the Monkees' sitcom episodes to celebrate the band's 20th anniversary. The shows launched a Monkees revival, and the band reformed to tour later that same year.

[​IMG]

22. audiomixer

Well, gentlemen, it's official. My dispute with Rhino concerning my defective box is over. The credit card company never heard from them and I was refunded my payment to them. I'll just glue the cover back on and call it day. It's unfortunate and it wasn't my intention to get the set for free, but the fact that I never got a personal response from them since November 29th of 2022 concerning the defective box, including 3 separate emails to different addresses along with photos of the damage, is honestly reprehensible for the $200 that they were/are charging. I don't feel badly at all...

jupiter8, longdist01 and chilinvilin like this.
  23. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

^^^ Well, at least you got satisfaction from the credit card company... ^^^

longdist01 and audiomixer like this.
  24. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Forum Resident

The controversial scene from Too Many Girls (aka Davy & Fern):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  25. The Beave

HOLY.............:bigeek:
    BEAVE

longdist01 and D-rock like this.