The Monkees "Headquarters" Deluxe Edition - Friday Music version

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BeatleStair, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

From what I've read, it was a complete re-mix, but I agree - it sounds very nice!

2. You Better You Bet

You Better You Bet Forum Resident

Hey, thanks, I had no idea it was a re-mix. Then again I don't have anything to compare it to - my old LP has long since gone to that big jukebox in the sky.

3. DennisF

DennisF Forum Resident

I have it and its definitely a remix.

4. PhoffiFozz

PhoffiFozz Forum Resident

Yes, agreed. I have it too, definitely a remix.

5. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

The Arista remix is essential to any HQ lover. I'd like to find it on vinyl someday.

edit: Just found a Japanese issue on ebay NM for 10 bucks. I bought it. I look forward to listening to this album again.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    Hep Alien likes this.
  6. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member Thread Starter

I was just listening to the Arista CDs recently and I must say it was very nice to hear some of these remixes again. The whole Headquarters album is very nice remixed and some of the remixed tracks from the others are a lot of fun. It's well worth seeking out the Arista CDs IMHO.

My favorite remixes: "This Just Doesn't Seem to Be My Day" with longer fade, "I'll Be True to You", "Sweet Young Thing", "Mary, Mary", "She Hangs Out" (love the rumble of the horns!), "Hard to Believe" and "Don't Call on Me"

Great site for mixes:
    http://monkeesmixography.wikidot.com/

PhoffiFozz, Mooserfan and Hep Alien like this.
  7. 905

905 Senior Member

Off topic, but I've long wished that all of the albums had the Arista remix work, especially Birds, Bees and the Monkees. In other words, I certainly like them.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    BeatleStair likes this.
  8. 905

905 Senior Member

Hep Alien and BeatleStair like this.
  9. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Does anyone know if they're going to do the other three or if "Headquarters" was it/is it?

10. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member Thread Starter

"Headquarters" is it so far unless Friday amps up the releases because of the 50th anniversary. I haven't seen any plans yet though. They do have the new "Deluxe" Changes but unless they used the new mastering from the 10 CD box set I'd say it's just a clone of their previous Changes CD.

Btw, the new scans of the mini lps in the new 10CD box make it painfully clear how bad Friday Music cover scans are. The Headquarters Deluxe had some of the better scans on a Friday Music release though.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.