The Moody Blues album by album thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Glenn Christense, Sep 18, 2017.

1. The Bishop

The Bishop Forum Resident

EGBDF is my favourite Moody Blues album as well, One More Time To Live is a great song...

...but who cares about Classic Rock Radio? I never listen to it. Too many adverts get in the way for me.

2. The Bishop

The Bishop Forum Resident

I hate these sort of marketing scams. I’ll keep that money for my own pension, thank you very much Moody Blues.

Glenn Christense likes this.
  3. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block Thread Starter

Heh.
    After all these years it’s a Question of Bank Balance now.
    Should we contribute to our accounts or their accounts? :D

4. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

At least make it worth our while, with remixes or demos or alternate takes ... or something …

5. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

6. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

[​IMG]
    'Cause when we stop and look around us
    There is nothing that we need...

Hmm.

zobalob likes this.
  7. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

Sometimes descendants are a motivating factor. “To our children’s children’s children.”

8. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

When John Lodge blocked Mike Pinder from speaking at the HOF, that said a lot to me. And I really don’t think he did it to protect Mike from himself and any embarrassment. Just one person’s analysis, admittedly. Although it was great to see Justin put his arm around Mike after this. They just were singers in a rock and roll band and definitely one of my favorite group of musicians.

There is a bit of PBS-like funding rationale to these overpriced commemorative items. “Support the arts. Support us continuing as a band. And we’ll throw in a custom made gift. Your gifts keep us going. Plus, there’s a lot of staff and their families to keep fed.”
    A Question Of Balance Commemorative Plaque (16x20) | Commemorative Plaques | Moody Blues

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    Hep Alien likes this.
  9. Joe Shlabotnik

Joe Shlabotnik Formerly dickvin

I keep hoping we'll get a Blue Jays release with the quad mix along with the Lancaster University concert from the Timeless Flight box.

10. Kent Gray

Kent Gray Resident

After watching the video a couple of times, I'm confused. It really looks like Justin was expecting Mike to speak next. But when John threw in his block, Justin kind of shrugged his shoulders and went to the microphone instead. And now with greater hindsight - two years of complete silence from Mike since then - I suspect he does have some sort of cognitive decline. Perhaps John noticed it that night and the others didn't, so he intervened. I just can't believe John was being petty and not allowing Mike to speak out of spite. They seemed to be on friendly terms that night.

Hep Alien likes this.
  11. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

Mike commented on this afterward. Why would not hearing from him since equal cognitive decline? That's a reach. We have no reason to hear from Mike. In any case, it would be a dick move to unilaterally keep Mike from speaking if he wanted to. I don't think John would do that.

12. flyingdutchman

flyingdutchman Forum Resident

My older brother turned me onto the Moody Blues and my sister turned me onto Led Zeppelin (she also got me into the Grass Roots).

13. Kent Gray

Kent Gray Resident

It has been a rumor for some time now, and partly based on Ray Thomas noting "Mike is starting to forget things" (or something like that) on their last meeting. Mike looked somewhat confused on stage, and he would usually make a video or an online post periodically. This has been a relatively long absence.

My mother died from Alzheimers. It is often worse for sufferers at night and when they are tired, and both applied to the awards show (they waited for hours to go on stage).

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020 at 8:28 AM