"The Move" remixes?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vivaldinization, Apr 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vivaldinization

Vivaldinization Active Member Thread Starter

Hey all.

I just downloaded, for no apparent reason, the track "Beautiful Daughter" from the Move's "Looking Back" comp. Now, the song (in fact, most of the Move's stuff) has always sounded kinda gritty, but I was shocked to hear a Beautiful Daughter that sounded suspiciously clean, and was also extended at the end. Can anybody who owns this comp confirm that this version is indeed different? Indeed, is that comp full of remixes?

-D

2. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict

Can't answer that for sure but I do know that the Music Club label on which Looking Back was released is a budget english label that usually releases decent sounding compilations but it's highly unlikely that they would've been remixed specifically for this release.

I just listened to Beautiful Daughter on the 3 CD Movements box set on Westside. Sounds pretty good as do all the tracks from the second album. Maybe Music Club used the same mastering. Westside unfortunately never give too much info on their releases about tape sources or remastering credits.

3. Vivaldinization

Vivaldinization Active Member Thread Starter

An easy way to check: how much guitar is in the right channel before the vocals come in? On my Shazam CD, there's a decent bit, but on this version (which cuts off the intro), there's essentially none.

-D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.