The New Elvis Costello reissues -- anyone buy them?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by kwadguy, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jables

jables Forum Resident

I actually have the 'Party Party' UK single. It's on A&M since it was on the soundtrack lp issued by A&M for the film 'Party Party'. I guess A&M didn't want to license it to any other labels to use in any Elvis compilations.

2. john lennonist

john lennonist There ONCE was a NOTE, PURE and EASY...

Am quite stoked to have just last week picked up UK vinyl copies of Ten Bloody Marys and Ten Hows Your Fathers and Armed Forces, both of which in approx VG++ condition.

Whoopee!

Anyone know the approximate value of a NM UK vinyl version of Get Happy!?

3. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

I have started to collect these, and they are my first exposure to this music. The bonus discs mean very little to me right now, but in the future, as I become more intimate with the material, I'm sure I'll develop a greater interest in them.

I have My Aim Is True and This Year's Model so far, with a third coming in the mail.

4. jligon

jligon Forum Resident

I'd love to have a CD of Taking Liberties (that sounds better than that original CD pressing) as that was one of my favorite and most listened to albums throughout the 1980's. And I wouldn't complain if they filled a second disc with other rarities that haven't shown up elsewhere.

5. crimsoncing

crimsoncing New Member

" Don't forget the new liner notes to nearly every album, written by Mr. Costello. They're worth the purchase price alone."

I am buying all the Cd sets but for some who do not go out and get everyone, These notes would make a nice little Booklet that Elvis could offer to the fans on his web site or as Rhino did with the Deep Purple Box set, at least offer them up and a file on his web site so you could read then or download them and print your own.

6. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

'Party Party' and the unauthorized Columbia mix of 'Alison' are still in print, on the singles box sets.

god bless hidden uncredited tracks!

they haven't dropped off the face of the earth, just this hemisphere.

the WESTERN hemisphere! the rockingest hemisphere of all!

7. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I am glad they are getting around to doing the King of America reissue (one of my favourites) and the Taking Liberties is an unexpected surprise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.