DCC Archive The new Music Direct Catalog

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Pinknik, Oct 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member Thread Starter

I like Music Direct. Lotsa stuff, good prices. Will sometimes bend ze truth just to sell stuff. Fer instance:

"Attention collectors! DCC and their mastering engineer, Steve Hoffman, have remastered many great recordings, but it appears that impressive run is over and DCC will never issue another gold CD."

Then they go on to push some left over stock at high prices. Hurry before they go even higher! Has anybody noticed in older catalogs they almost seem to have "taken over" production for DCC? What's up with that? Just kinda irked me is all, thanks for allowing me to vent. Oh yeah, NO MENTION (AT ALL) of new MOFI product. Oh well.

2. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

I'm surprised they would say that, especially when someone there even e-mailed me this message:

"No, DCC has not yet re-pressed anything though they do have plans for sometime next year and definitely not all titles. This is existing stock
    we've located."

Either their marketing department is really stupid or are really big liars...

3. Ben

Ben New Member

I spoke with Music Direct this morning and they said that there would be some really big news regarding major titles to be released by the new MOFI early next year. The guy said that they had plenty of opportunities to do some "mid-level" artists this fall, but they wanted to hit the market with a bigger bang to kick things off...hmmmmm.

He also mentioned that a new MOFI website would be launched concurrently where the CD's would be offered for sale...

I've found these guys to be very forthcoming and direct in representing their product. More than once, I've been steered away from a potential purchase by an honest representation of the product I was considering.

For what it's worth...Ben
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.