The Next Monkees Box Set - A Proposal

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FredV, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rubber Soul

Rubber Soul Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I follow. For me the BB&M Box was easily the best so far.Not only did it finally give us the utterly rare Mono Mix(which was part of the reason this Box sold so well) but the out takes were excellent with many new to this set. The following sets while good aren't in the same league to me. Head is based around the Six main tracks in many different mixes etc(although the Live Stuff makes it essential). Instant Replay while having many more tracks to choose from doesn't have the same quality as BB&M. I not much of a fan of the 331/3 stuff(and seeing it was released on DVD it is less essential). Don't get me wrong...I love these sets! Present has the potential to be one of the best based on the unreleased song titles and different mixes. However how well did the Head and Instant Replay sets sell? I know BB&M was a sell out.

2. music4life

music4life Senior Member

The "Head" box was a missed opportunity, even though I bought it. An interview disc with Davy? The movie on DVD shouldve been a no brainer. Instead it was only offered in a Criterion movie collection. I nded up tracking a down a loose copy from that collection...

3. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

I think if they release anything new as far as box sets.. a set like the new upcoming Nilsson box would work well. All 11 Monkee albums (which includes 'Pool It' and 'Justus') plus a few discs filled with demos, rarities, backing tracks (whatever is left in the vaults ). Maybe in 2014? I'd prefer it over a new Monkees studio album.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.