The "Official" All Purpose Heavy Metal and Hard Rock Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodShifter, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

2. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I'm digging the new Tesla album. If yer already a fan I don't think this could disappoint you. If already familiar with them but not a fan then it probably won't do anything to convince you otherwise though.

[​IMG]

Surprisingly Def Leppard's Phil Collen produced the album & played some geetar on it as well (I wonder if he did so shirtless? seems like he always goes topless at Leppard shows). I didn't even realize he produced any albums let alone any outside of Def Leppard if he did.

This is a very well written and detailed review that has some youtube links in it to hear some of the songs:

Tesla: ‘Shock’ – Sleaze Roxx

3. ElPatron

ElPatron Forum Resident

Death Angel.

4. Chimera

Chimera Forum Resident

He produced and played on (with his shirt on :D)this one: Delta Deep
    Delta Deep - Delta Deep

5. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

new one coming out end of May

6. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

For fans of Dream Theatre, Liquid Tension Experiment, Animals as Leaders etc....

7. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

New song from Arch/Matheos "Straight and Narrow" from the album Winter Ethereal out May 10th.

8. heathen

heathen Forum Resident

Check out Ripper. This album absolutely rules:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Heathen is an 80s Thrash band that put out a new album a few years ago and has another one in the works. [edit] DAMN was that really 10 years ago?!?!

Stormrider77 and Matthew Tate like this.
  10. Northwind

Northwind Forum Resident

Recently picked up Widowmaker's 1976 debut LP without ever hearing the band before. Considered a bit of a 'super-group' at the time, the lineup features Bob Daisley who would go on to fame with Rainbow and Ozzy Osbourne (and eventually have his bass parts deleted by the Osbournes).

I'm really digging this album... gives me a bit of a Humble Pie vibe:

11. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

Bullseye; this is flippin' brilliant. Between work and other threads, I been away from this one too long.

12. Purple

Purple Forum Resident

Ripper's (A New Revenge) new album Enemies & Lovers is worth a listen.

Unlike other recent releases from veteran artists, A New Revenge is a notable change style (hard rock with some modern rock, pop punk influences). Not sure what to make of it, frankly, but it's different that's for sure. Leaning to think it's the best thing Ripper has ever done, which may not mean that much but...

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  13. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Thanks..fell off my radar...ordering ASAP!

Purple and Jimmy Agates like this.
  14. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

Has it really been nine months since I posted this?

I've since listened to every Magnum album three times now. I'd heard a few of the SPV albums before, but fact is, I was really most familiar with their Polydor years.

I listened to a handful of their singles like Rockin' Chair just to refresh my memory. I stand by my earlier assessment that they're over-produced.

But when I listened to their debut, Kingdom of Madness... It is one of the best arena rock albums I've ever heard. It's every bit as good as the psuedo-prog of Grand Illusion and Leftoverture.

Chimera and Yam Graham like this.
  15. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

Agree. The best thing I've heard Ripper Owens do. Great album 10 tracks at 36 minutes...never overstays it's welcome and is just a great solid hard rock album.

Purple likes this.
  16. Chimera

Chimera Forum Resident

It has a decent mastering too, nice to see the complete waveform without clipping and a DR of 9.
    It is originally mastered by Alessandro Del Vecchio and remastered by Maor Appelbaum...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  17. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Just got the first three Venom albums. :love:

kyouki, PJayBe, 500Homeruns and 2 others like this.
  18. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

[​IMG]

I have been listening to this a lot lately. I haven't been this excited about finding a band since I was 10 years old and discovered Iron Maiden for the first time.

19. weekendtoy

weekendtoy Rejecting your reality and substituting my own.

I'm not going to spoil things by listening to the new single but the album will be a day one buy for me.

20. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

I will tease you with this...Steve DiGiorgio plays bass on this song.

weekendtoy and Matthew Tate like this.
  21. Trillmeister

Trillmeister Forum Resident

At peak, the racket produced is a melodic treacle so overwhelming, the resulting submission is a jaw dropping ride of transcendental bliss; by far the best stuff I've been gorging on for years.

Even the first album which I'd originally marginalised as being overtly raw and simply too unresolved has reprieved itself to these ears with aplomb: the final, title track is almost beyond Metal and so enthralling I have to deploy chains and shackles to make it through.

That denizens so venerable and varied as Byford, Marcolin and Pesch have all seen fit to duet, speaks volumes.

Yam Graham likes this.
  22. GonnaGetcha

GonnaGetcha Forum Resident

23. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

So for the time being I'm calling Herman Frank's Fight The Fear album of the year. It's rare that a 14 song disc can hold your attention, let alone every song being at least good if not great. This blows the last Accept disc away, and is highly recommended for Accept fans.

This one is listed as a "bonus track" and is one of my favorites:

Waiting For The Night

MYQ1, Purple and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. Purple

Purple Forum Resident

That's not saying much, but I'll give it a listen. Thanks for the recommendation.

25. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Single "Belly of the Beast" from the upcoming new Diamond Head album (Coffin Train) is here:

Diamond Head - Belly of the Beast (Official Video)

[Sorry but for some unknown reason I cannot link right to it, you have to click on that link to go to youtube & watch it]

Curveboy likes this.