The "Official" All Purpose Heavy Metal and Hard Rock Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodShifter, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Trillmeister

Trillmeister Forum Resident

They aren't alone; so many of the remaining stalwarts still in the game are serving up prime cuts and in so doing, batting back the spectre of frail dotage.

ian christopher, 100423 and Deuce66 like this.
  2. Trillmeister

Half way through the Alestorm 2020 and it is terrific lunacy. Like Anderson enshrining the sacred wind instrument as an undisputed totem of the heavier rocking tableau, so these kilted ruffians have elevated the electronic accordion. I, too will know what it is to be wooden of head as today's particularly nasty fizzy tonic soothes me unto the Sabbath.

ian christopher and PJayBe like this.
  3. MYQ1

MYQ1 Forum Resident

This thread needs more Budgie:

4. Trillmeister

:uhhuh:

As does the world, frankly.

5. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

6. paddrino

paddrino Forum Resident

So this weekend, I am doing a Judas Priest weekend listening session. I am playing all of the JP studio releases. I find it great to see the sound of the group evolve over time. I just find that sort of stuff really cool. I started with Rock Rolla this morning, and I'm up through British Steel now. So 7 full albums through. And.. I must say... I'm having a killer time doing it. :)

7. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

8. fretter

fretter Forum Resident

Something cool to go with your listening session. I wonder if anybody owns the original red vinyl.

[​IMG]

9. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I have this pressing, found it used about 10 years ago for under $15. It's pretty good overall.

fretter and Jimmy Agates like this.
  10. I bought the 12" single.....when it was in the charts!!

fretter, Deuce66 and Gus Tomato like this.
  11. paddrino

paddrino Forum Resident

Did the image link die? It only shows [​IMG]

12. fretter

fretter Forum Resident

I can still see it, in the quotes as well. It's from Twitter found on Google Images.

Deuce66 likes this.
  13. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

14. paddrino

paddrino Forum Resident

How bizarre. For some reason I had to go to a different browser to see the image. Not exactly sure why Mac's Safari has an issue with that specific image. I don' have that problem with other images in other threads. Very odd.

Yea if anything, JPs tracks definitely make you feel like taken on the world. lol

So I am through Rock a Rolla / Sad Wings Of Destiny / Sin After Sin / Stained Glass / Killing Machine / Unleashed In The East / British Steel / Point of Entry / Screaming For Vengeance / Defenders Of The Faith / Turbo / Priest LIVE / Ram It Down

Currently going through Painkiller. :)

15. Trillmeister

Tiring of stupid prices in the 'market' place of rampant monopolism, I dipped back into the realm of the cogged disc and found fair value courtesy of independent commerce.

#1 - Armored Saint's 1991 Symbol Of Salvation [original issue MFN European CD]
    #2 - Voivod's 2013 release Target Earth [again, a first gen territorial CD, albeit in 'digipak' form]

Both for the price of some beans, as opposed to a major organ.

(Just played Among The Living - what a true classic; a great thrasher but such a shame it came to be during the time that sound quality forgot - remix, anyone?)

16. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Our friends in Japan recently re-released these MSG albums that have been OOP for awhile. I had recently tried buying the Unplugged one from new sellers on Amazon and eBay and both times they were official (?) CD-Rs so I was happy to see them put out as another round of the HR/HM 1000 series:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2022
    Anthrax, Curveboy, weekendtoy and 3 others like this.
  17. Mordax

Mordax Forum Resident

Def Leppard did a live set tonight on Kimmel. These are the off air songs.

18. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Nice, thanks for sharing. I remember the first time I heard "Rock Of Ages". I was 12 years old when the song was released and back then I thought it was heavy ;) But still a classic with me, never tire of that song. And "Hysteria" always reminds me of my high school girlfriend.

19. weekendtoy

weekendtoy Rejecting your reality and substituting my own.

I think it's pretty cool that after 45 years, with will the exception of the addition of Vivian Campbell in '92, Def Leppard has kept the bandmates together.

I last saw 'em about four years ago with Telsa (another band who have stayed together) and Poison. While neither Joe Elliot nor Joe Keith have the vocal capacity of their youth, they still do a great job live, and a fun time was had by all.

20. weekendtoy

New Def Leppard video from their upcoming album released just this morning

21. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

joe and rick savage are the only guys that have been there from the start . you are forgetting pete played guitar with steve until the pyromania sessions. rick allen wasn't on some pre in through the night stuff

22. weekendtoy

Technicalities :) I'll amend my statement to 40 years then.

Pouchkine, fretter and Matthew Tate like this.
  23. EndorphinMachine

EndorphinMachine Forum Resident

Is there a reason you're not including Poison in this line-up praise, @weekendtoy ?

Jimmy Agates and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

25. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member