The ONE album I would never sell!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Johnny Vinyl, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I have had them all. I know this album very well. To me, it was extremely close between SC and MFSL. Might because I am used to it, but the MFSL was slightly better imo and I sold the SC to a member here. Had I not heard the SC I would have been fine with it. If you have the MFSL you probably don't need the SC. To me, that's quite a compliment to Speakers Corner!

Chemguy likes this.
  2. Giorgio

Giorgio Forum Resident

I could not separate myself from one of these five copies of Led Zeppelin IV that I have.
    - UK plum-red label issued with "LED ZEPPELIN" and Peter Grant credits at the bottom. It lacked the credits to "Superhype Music".
    - UK plum-red label issued with the Grant's credits covered by a sticker and the "LED ZEPPELIN" moved up by another sticker. Into the sticker at the bottom was added also the credits to "Superhype Music" that were missing at the first time. This has feather symbol upside down on Side 2.
    - UK plum-red label issued after the above stickered one, with all the issues solved, but with a typing error on title song "Misty Mountain Hop", here written as "Misty Mountain Top". This has feather symbol upside down on Side 2.
    - UK plum-red label issued as the one here above but with the song "Misty Mountain Hop" correctly written and feather symbol correctly positioned. This is the final standard layout for this label.
    All with matrix A3/B3.
    These are the four main variants about this UK pressing (the feather symbol that on all the above variants you can find upside down, to me, is not an important requirement).
    Then...
    - US WLP Monarch pressing, both sides mastered by George Piros.

They are considered as one single piece in my mind...

vinylbeat and AaronW like this.
  3. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Way more than one I`d never sell.Misfits Beware UK EP-Unless they do it again all analogue from the masters.

AaronW likes this.
  4. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

That would be first out the door for me so I could fund a whole lot of other great music...if I owned one :laugh:

Jrr and AaronW like this.
  5. Fender Relic

I've been offered good money for my OG vinyl Nick Drake Fruit Tree Box but I can't do it. There's timeless music within and a story to go with it so....:shake:

6. thematinggame

thematinggame Forum Resident

I used to have this too - the blue one with 3 Lps ? To be honest I thought the pressing quality wasn't very good or was I wrong ? I think I have still got the book(let) that came with it

7. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

My favorite Beethoven 7, Muti's Analog recording which was never released on CD, unlike his later digital Philadelphia cycle.
    Toshiba/EMI pressing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Johnny Vinyl and papatwo like this.
  8. Fender Relic

Mine's kind of lavender color but has faded. I have nothing to compare these pressings with. It was my intro to Nick so the SQ, while....important...has to take back seat to the discovery which was life changing at the time. They sound fine to me but if there are astounding pressings well beyond these then I'd like to experience those as well.

9. Bathory

Bathory 30 yr Single Malt, not just for breakfast anymore

Mama's Boys - S/T on the ***** records label pU-004. original sleeve, insert, vinyl NM-
    Krokus S/T LP on Schnoutz label. all NM.

man, this place is waaaay to censored. its the name of the label, and it gets ******* this stars.
    wow. loosen up guys......merica

10. sunspot

sunspot Forum Resident

I seriously can't pick 1 item so it strays a bit from the original thread.....but there would need to be Bailiff's at the door (and even then there would be trouble) for me to part with my Music Matters LP collection....or the Cutting Edge Collector's edition...or the AP Beach Boys sets....it goes on and on and on really.

Johnny Vinyl and Fender Relic like this.
  11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I can see that but, parting would be impossible for me.

Fender Relic likes this.
  12. spintheblack72

spintheblack72 Forum Resident

13. fairies

fairies Forum Resident

3 D BOX JIMI [​IMG]

14. rmath84

rmath84 Forum Resident

I don't understand the question. What is this sell you speak of?

Michael Rose likes this.
  15. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

If I was on the edge of homelessness, I'd sell it all.

16. joshm2286

joshm2286 Forum Resident

My Collection of records and SACDs put out by MFSL, AP and Classic.

17. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    Big space fan as a kid, got upon release in early 1970.
    Found a mint copy on Amazon in 2013 - $25.00!!

18. aakko

aakko Forum Resident

[​IMG]

SH/KG remaster of Blue.

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  19. Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch Roll across the floor thru the hole & out the door

..any of the CD albums in my collection!
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.