The one piece of music you love that your partner hates..?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark-Wales, Jul 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

Yeah, sounds like she has issues. New wave rules and I thought ladies LOVE Duran Duran, even to this day

2. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

Her tastes were more along the lines of the cramps and 60s garage rock which I enjoy too but I like some variety at least.

3. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

I'd divorce my wife before turning off McCartney.

JDeanB likes this.
  4. edfom

edfom Forum Resident

My ex-wife hated, with an absolute passion, The Cure. The sound of Robert Smith's voice was enough to make her irrationally angry. Personally, I can't stand the usual top 40 hip hop R&B crap that's always on the radio. So the rule when we'd be in the vehicle together was no hip hop or else I'd load up Friday I'm In Love. If I even heard a millisecond of a Lil Wayne Whine I'd do my best/worst impression of Robert Smith's "ohhhh."

5. fuse999

fuse999 Forum Resident

Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica - of course!

6. sbsugar

sbsugar Representing Benton County since 2010

The Baja Marimba Band. She says it sounds like music that plays "while clowns are coming out of the small car"....

7. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

Found another one last night.

[​IMG]

I was listening to this last night, Khanate's Capture & Release, and my wife came upstairs and said, "what the hell are you listening to? that sounds like someone being murdered and screaming in the background".

To be fair, she's not necessarily wrong. I mean, this is the description on wikipedia: "The music can be described as booming and droning, accompanied by screaming vocals and occasional percussion."

8. funknik

funknik He who feels it.

One?

wrappedinsky likes this.
  9. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

In my situation it’s the other way around. The music that my wife can not stand I don’t like either. She is not bothered by what I like. She on the other hand loves Linkin Park and I hate them.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  10. blowinblue

blowinblue Kind of not blue.

Just one? Try dozens. Wanna get my wife riled up? Mention the name Alfred Schnittke. Sometimes when she seems irritated about something that I'm playing I remind her that it could be worse. I could be spinning some Schnittke. :cool:

M. M.

11. classicrocker

classicrocker Life is good!

I was on a Deep Purple jag one time so was continuously listening to the deluxe box set of all three Made in Japan shows and my wife could not stand that band but this song in particular really annoys her to the point I can't play it when she is in the room. she was o.k. with it until Gillan starts screaming. But then again she is not a fan of most of what she considers hard rock/ metal in general.

12. classicrocker

classicrocker Life is good!

I hear you. I refuse to be in the room when she plays her Michael Buble discs

eric777 likes this.
  13. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

My wife didn't like country music until maybe the last few months. This week she's been playing nothing but Hank Williams in her car. First time she has ever independently put on country music that I know about. I'm pretty proud of her lol.

14. lavalamp3

lavalamp3 Forum Resident

Beach Boys/Brian Wilson - Caroline No

In particular the line “Where did your long hair go...?”

My wife: “Yeah right Brian, and where did your waist line go?!”

15. Alice Cooper was the first concert I attended back on December 15th 1973, and I am still a fan to this day. My wife...never was a fan.....never will be.

tages likes this.
  16. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Your marriage/relationship is in serious trouble.

17. Musical Chairs

Musical Chairs Forum Resident

Anything that makes her ask "Is this yacht rock?" is not long for this world.

18. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

One piece?

I wish!

19. samthesham

samthesham Forum Resident

Wife, girlfriend, pardner, road dog or associate they all abhor Velvet Underground / "I Heard Her Call My Name":realmad:

Don't bother me I just dial it up louder:tiphat:

bleachershane likes this.
  20. samthesham

samthesham Forum Resident

:yikes: that's grounds for divorce man!

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  21. Sear

Sear Dad rocker

Sometimes it's so frustrating that your partner don't share your music interest. Or not at the same level.
    I can't share my records or talk about this artist or that record with my partner. In the evening I like to listen to music but she prefers to watch TV. And I can only listen to my records when I'm alone or she makes me turn down the volume or turn off the music.
    I love her and all of that, but I wish I could share something so important to me with her.
    At best, she tolerate it.

22. APH

APH Forum Resident

Easier to say what we both like:
    Joni Mitchell
    Supertramp
    Beatles
    Blondie
    Elvis Costello
    Kathryn Williams
    Norah Jones

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  23. APH

APH Forum Resident

Obviously the one I should have met

24. steppednwhat

steppednwhat I hallucinate on Dr. Pepper

My wife disliked Kazumi Watanabe so, she referred to him as Obi -Wan Kenobi. She hated sci-fi movies as well. She liked Zappa but they may have been through sheer saturation.

25. Hi-Fi Pageant People

Hi-Fi Pageant People Forum Resident

Was with my ex wife for 16 years & she couldn’t abide this
    (really likes Leave which follows it mind)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.