The Peter Tork 1969/1970 Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sunset Sam, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drawer L

Drawer L Forum Resident In Memoriam

That was the same interview where Mr.Tork claimed there were "absolutly NO unreleased Monkees recordings,whatsoever.-In fact,some of the released tracks were considered filler" OOOOKKKKK,Pete.....

2. varispeed

varispeed what if?

Pete answered the question himself regarding 69 and the 70's on that funny radio recent interview link someone posted here earlier this year. About 4:30 in -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddDBGn5KfLw

He also had great (and funny) insights of life when you haul your own amps around to gigs ... and then a distant life where roadies haul EVERYTHING around ... and then back to life in 2010 where you once again haul your own amps around to gigs.

3. GV1967

GV1967 Senior Member

In Sandoval's book, Tork remembers when- in 1969- he called Dick Clark and asked him to put him on the road. Clark snapped back "Get a hit record". Tork said he was dumbfounded that it stopped him cold. Perhaps part of the problem was a lack of confidence and drive?

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  4. silvertrees

silvertrees Forum Resident

This is a little off topic, but I'm in the process of making a cdr of Tork tracks circa '68 and am having a hard time finding photos of him from this period. If anyone has some they would like to share, I'd be grateful. Anything from '68-70 would be fine.

Bring on the bearded hippie pics!

5. silvertrees

Here are the only photos I've found so far...

Attached Files:

6. silvertrees

Here's another pic taken apparently by Henry Diltz:

Attached Files:

7. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I have that CD too and I liked it a lot more than I expected to... I agree with people that might say it's not for everybody, but it was good to see that he was able to get something of his own out...

8. BadJack

BadJack doorman who always high-fives children of divorce

Interesting thread. I was listening to "Long Title" recently and kinda wished that there had been this scuzzy psych Tork solo record in late '69.

As for the immediate post-Monkees/Release era, Peter did play the rejected "Easy Rider" song on his solo tour a little while ago. Quite honestly, it stunk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.