The "Picture of your Turntable(s)" thread, Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MilesSmiles, Jul 29, 2013.

1. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

2. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

I have been looking for this table for a secondary system (kinda a man-cave spot) for over a year.
    I finally found a 1 owner table locally - just back from the audio-shop for a complete once-over (cleaning/adjustment) and proper install/alignment of a Shure V 15 Type III I have had waiting for a new home (only 30 hours on the cart).

It is all vintage gear and it sounds and performs wonderfully. My "new" Harman Kardon T60c -

zz2.jpg zz4.jpg

bever70, Dubmart, irender and 47 others like this.
  3. sgb

sgb Senior Member

Way cool, cat9!

What are the two components and other TT? WHERE OH WHERE can I get some orange vinyl?

awizard and cat9 like this.
  4. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

Thanks sgb!

Found the equipment in 4 stages -

Pioneer SA-6800 Stereo Integrated Amplifier (1 owner / excellent shape / had been in storage for over 10 years / came with original manual)

The same fellow as the amp - the second TT is a Pioneer PL-255 DD deck (same story - excellent shape / I use it as a test table when I get "new" vinyl before cleaning / then to the HK after that!)

Then I found the cd - nothing fancy but really nice shape and very inexpensive - Yamaha 5 disc changer

Not in pic - Pioneer S-710 L/R mirror speaker set - flawless condition used 6 months since new....long story!

Then the HK T60c I just found a few weeks ago

I'm really fortunate! This system came together with some patience but the components were worth the wait.

And the orange vinyl I actually use as TT platter covers...keeps off dust, etc. They sell for $30 plus depending on what they are made of. This coloured vinyl was $3 each and I buy it from one of our local record shops - he keeps most of the coloured vinyl that comes in behind the counter for anyone who is looking for coloured lp's for artsy uses or practical uses like mine.

cat9

Ridesonrails likes this.
  5. Spectacular!

sgb likes this.
  6. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

dual502.jpg

I keep thinking of replacing it but once I cleaned out the bearing well the table seems quiet to me, I just can't find a reason to replace it. I love all the torque the motor has when using a cleaning brush. I will buy a new turntable in the near future, but I don't need one, I just want one. I also like the fact that it has auto lift and off for when I get summoned to the Queen.

inperson, BShah, Nathan Z and 32 others like this.
  7. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

I should also had that I like this table more than my Yamaha P550 that was more money.

Gordon Johnson likes this.
  8. lemonjello

lemonjello Forum Resident

I wanted to comment on heman's table from part 3 of the thread.

What color stain is that on the pilnth? I've been looking for a color like that to redo my Slingerland Gene Krupa Drumset.

Peace,
    Jake

Attached Files:

9. lemonjello

lemonjello Forum Resident

Oh, Here my 1952 RCA RP-190, restored with a Pickering 400 cart. Safe for all 45rpms. IMG_3005.JPG IMG_3010.JPG

10. armeltampy

armeltampy New Member

That looks fantastic! :)

lemonjello likes this.
  11. Byrjun

Byrjun Member

[​IMG]
    301, stogi ref 313 vta, lyra delos

je245, GyroT, Dubmart and 45 others like this.
  12. Wardsweb

Wardsweb Audio Enthusiast

This is my custom table based on a Roksan Radius 5. I replaced the stock maple veneered MDF plinth with 1" bubinga. The arm and cart are Rega. The phono stage is George Wright.

[​IMG]

GyroT, Dubmart, TongueDruid and 59 others like this.
  13. tyinkc

tyinkc Senior Member

cporcp and gwynne61 like this.
  14. Wardsweb

Thanks, I really do love this hobby on many levels, but the bottom line is always the music.

April Snow and motorcitydave like this.
  15. inperson

inperson Senior Member

Your artwork on the wall?

That TT base is very nice.

Micke Lindahl and Rickchick like this.
  16. inperson

inperson Senior Member

My Rek O Kut K33 H with a modern base and much quieter motor.
    IMG_20130724_070817.jpg IMG_20130724_070806.jpg

17. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

Stunning!!!!

jeffreybh and jesterthejedi like this.
  18. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

jeffreybh likes this.
  19. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

20. Byrjun

Byrjun Member

Like the artwork? :)

thanks, hopefully I will be able to try EMT cartridge in the kuzma/garrard compo this year.

21. Wardsweb

What motor did you use?

22. inperson

inperson Senior Member

It is the same motor used in Well-Tempered turntables. The whole base is a Well Tempered base. I really don't know the brand of the motor. But it is just a typical little one.

23. inperson

inperson Senior Member

Do you mean below?

An Almarro (Japanese) 6C33C single ended amp and a Raphaelite SE 300B (Chinese)