The "Picture of your Turntable(s)" thread, Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MilesSmiles, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Phil Thien

Phil Thien Forum Resident

How do you like it, am I allowed to ask that in a pictures thread?

Roycer likes this.
  2. Roycer

Roycer Forum Resident

I like it a lot and using the built in phono stage is just right,Not as good as the VPI which is more laid back sounding.The 2m red that came with it had to go but with the AT 540ML sounds nice..

eyewanders likes this.
  3. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

My recommendation always is to get a periphery ring first before considering some form of speed regulation. I’ve had a VPI PLC and SDS as well as a full Phoenix setup. They do make it easier to change 33/45 speed, but in the end would rather use the cash elsewhere.

JohnK

rebellovw likes this.
  4. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

Thanks - yeah - there is a ring for sale here - but I've got to pass - I've already done the 3D arm and new pivot bearing this year. Maybe next.

5. MCM_Fan

MCM_Fan Senior Member

Picked this up today:

[​IMG]

VPI HW-19 III with AudioQuest PT-6 tonearm and Dynavector 20x2L cartridge.

6. MCM_Fan

MCM_Fan Senior Member

More pics of my beautiful new roommate:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Davey

Davey NP: Hania Rani ~ Ghosts (2023 LP)

That does look really nice.

Phil Thien and MCM_Fan like this.
  8. MCM_Fan

MCM_Fan Senior Member

Thanks. Yeah, it's about as mint as you can get in a 25+ year old turntable. I am super grateful to the original owner, He REALLY took great care of her, gave me a great deal and even drove part way to reduce my roundtrip driving time. Super nice guy.

33na3rd, Phil Thien and Davey like this.
  9. Phil Thien

Keep those pictures coming you slackers.

Aftermath and Roycer like this.
  10. chipcalzada

chipcalzada Forum Resident

That is a fine looking turntable :edthumbs:

11. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

Very nice!

MCM_Fan likes this.
  12. Liquid77

Liquid77 Forum Resident

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's my new addition, a Pioneer PL-1600 with a Nagaoke MP-500. The upgrade over my Victor TT with a 2M blue is stunning!

13. Andy Saunders

Andy Saunders Always a pleasure never a chore

@Liquid77 Is that a new T/T or a vintage one restored- either way looks really cool!:)

PhilBiker likes this.
  14. Liquid77

Liquid77 Forum Resident

It's a late 70's Pioneer table the PL-1800 as I see I typo'd above. It's in mint shape considering it's at least 40 years old and hasn't been modified. The local guy I deal with goes back to Japan and grabs a couple hundred carts and 10-20 TT's twice/year. In Canada we get hosed on the exchange rate so a Mp-500 is around $1K, but I got it for $650.

Andy Saunders and 33na3rd like this.
  15. inzite

inzite Forum Resident

awesome stuff! would definitely want to get a mp500 one day for 650 in canada!!

16. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident

Audio Note TT3 turntable with Arm3 (V2). Three motor suspended turntable. The first version of the tonearm was a modified version of a Rega 250. Audio Note now makes their own single piece machined tonearms hence V2. IQ3 MM Cartridge. The silver box to the left is the Audio Note M3 Phono Balanced preamp - This has been traded back to the dealer as I await the M6 Phono balanced preamp (in black like the PSU-1. Speakers are Audio Note K/SPe.

PSU1 - the black box on the right is the power supply that drives the three motors. The tube amp is one of two monoblocks called the Empress Silver - This is a parallel Single Ended 2a3 amp that puts out a staggering 8 watts per channel. Far let box is the Audio Note DAC 0.1x (their entry level R2R DAC using the ole Philips TDA 1543 chip).

[​IMG]

My regular speakers are the AN E which will be back soon.

[​IMG]

17. mike_c

mike_c Forum Resident

I wish VPI still made tables that looked like that...

Lucca90, Clay B, Eigenvector and 2 others like this.
  18. Davey

I've always liked the looks and idea behind the Pioneer alumina ceramic armwands they put on their top decks back in the day, and have wanted to try one myself for a long time, so updated one of my Micro Seiki armwands to an alumina ceramic tube. So far, so good, also have a stock one, and a carbon fiber one, and a stainless steel one in the works, so have a few listening tests ahead ... right now trying it out with the Benz Micro Wood SL ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Phil Thien

I look forward to reading your impressions, when they are formed.

Davey likes this.
  20. tyinkc

tyinkc Senior Member

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I'm drooling!

PhilBiker and Richard Austen like this.
  21. Davey

Yea, me too! I need to make a little jig first to be able to quickly move the cartridge from one armtube to the other without having to reset the alignment, then I can play around more. That alumina ceramic is hard stuff, have to use a diamond saw to cut it. The down side is that it has very little internal losses. Pioneer stuck a damping resonator thing on theirs, but I tend to shy away from much damping around the phono cartridge, so have to see how it goes. The Micro Seiki arm does have a pretty effective damped counterweight system, so that should help. And the arm has silicone oil damping with trough and paddle in the back too.

22. MarioHead

MarioHead Forum Resident

AR The Turntable and Rega RP6

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

Nice system! That's a great album too...just ask Godzilla! LOL

Pythonman likes this.
  24. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

My decked out KAB Technics

[​IMG]

25. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

Hey, do the feet of the RP6 nestle squarely in those Vibrapods? I have my Planar 3 in a cabinet on a large piece of granite with the Vibrapods underneath it. I am wondering if I should get another set for the TT itself.