The "Picture of your Turntable(s)" thread, Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MilesSmiles, Jul 29, 2013.

1. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

I've got a great song for you:

Dellarigg and Windy Miller like this.
  2. nomad709

nomad709 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

1200GR/ Moon 310LP

3. bever70

Beautiful rack! Now put that table in the MIDDLE of the upper shelf, just like your other gear.....please :D?!

Waxxy, nomad709 and okc_craft like this.
  4. nomad709

nomad709 Forum Resident

I would but wanted extra space for brushes/TT accessories

5. csgreene

csgreene Forum Resident

Absolutely beautiful!

Munger74, geezin' and Chrisxo like this.
  6. Waxxy

Waxxy Cold Turkey

Not a turntable...but an artsy pic of my favourite phono pre-amp.

[​IMG]

7. B. Scarpia

B. Scarpia WatchingYouWatchingMe

When I posted the pic of my Traveler last month I hadn't yet received this excellent JnB dustcover, the one thing I really missed after 20 years of HW-19s.

Clever design that sits on the table and 2/3 the price of the usual after markets that sit on the shelf and take up so much room.

[​IMG]

Dafox, sfoclt, Phil Thien and 9 others like this.
  8. Mr.Sign

Mr.Sign Forum Resident

9. DaveyF

DaveyF Forum Resident

Current LP12 with Radikal D and Karousel, Kleos.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. bever70

Very nice, but the bamboo (?) rack/cabinet/furniture where it sits on intrigues me, could you post a picture of that?

11. Mr.Sign

Mr.Sign Forum Resident

Thank You, bever 70 !
    This material is called " Bau Buche" made by a bavarian company, it is basically used for Hightech ( wooden ) building constructions. It is made of laminated Beech.
    The rack is DIY. I posted some fotos on the Kef Reference 1 Thread, and I think " show pictures of your system " too.

bever70 likes this.
  12. bever70

So I got my old Beogram 4002 back in the main system for fun...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gpalz, TEA FOR ONE, Reesdog and 22 others like this.
  13. Mr.Sign

Mr.Sign Forum Resident

Very nice TT, I dreamt of owning one of those in the late 70ties. My uncle had some B&O gear back in that time, which kind of started my interest in Hifi.

Echoes Myron and bever70 like this.
  14. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

That's one cool looking deck!

bever70 likes this.
  15. DaveyF

DaveyF Forum Resident

Even today, a lot of folks could learn a thing or two about the Industrial Design of products from B&O from the past, as evidenced by your photos.

bever70 likes this.
  16. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

I remember the first time I saw one of these playing my copy of The Yes Album. It was like magic watching the tangential arm work flawlessly, and the deck's visual design was lust inducing - talk about getting the appearance just right. I would still love to have one of these in mint condition (and bever 70's looks just like that).

Aftermath and bever70 like this.
  17. bever70

Thanks to all (@John Buchanan @Mr.Sign @Aftermath ) and yes I agree with you @DaveyF. The way this deck works and operates and LOOKS, designed in 1972 (!), is just mind blowing.
    There is a nice description of what it can do on the 6moon website: 6moons audio reviews: Personal Favorites of 2011 - David Kan

A quote:

I haven’t mentioned the obviously outstanding feature of the Beogram, the tangential tonearm. It’s fully automatic and audiophiles hate that most. Without computer or chipset, this is pure genius. Everything is mechanically controlled through levers, gears, flywheels and springs which are cleverly concealed under the clean aluminum top panel. The sensing arm works on simple optical technology that is entirely foolproof with only a light bulb, no laser! The aluminum top platter has strobes to tell the sensor "hey, don’t you drop the tone arm". Place the record on the platter and the tone arm will lower itself gracefully right onto the lead-in groove. Towards the end of the record you don’t have to put yourself on alert to jump up to lift the arm. When the sensor doesn’t see any vinyl grooves, it’ll tell the tonearm "now rise". It won’t wait until the stylus hits the cul-de-sac of the groove to do that. (My semi-automatic Denon DP-59L will do that a couple of times before the tone arm is finally raised.) If you want to cue up a different track or any spot on any track, simply press and hold the forward or backward button. It’s so much like the convenience of a CD player except for remote control.

At one time I had the 6000 setup, comprising of beomaster 6000 amp and beogram 6000 (4 channel deck), including the Commander remote control which is probably the coolest ever looking remote control, but it had some burnt circuit boards and the amp also had some issues so I gave it away to someone who also loved the design but who had the technical knowledge to repair it.
    You can spot the remote next to the deck:
    [​IMG]

Their later (80's and 90's designed decks) were similar in operation but much more lightweight and showed too much plastic imho.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    sfoclt, Archguy, Aftermath and 2 others like this.
  18. vinylshadow

vinylshadow Forum Resident

Very nice. And very nostalgic. My first table in 1983 was a Beogram 2400. I love the design and sleek look so much I've kept it in its original box. I think I have an MM5 cartridge.

bever70 likes this.
  19. Waxxy

Waxxy Cold Turkey

A few years back I went through a phase where I was selling off all unnecessary hifi extras I had laying around and even went do far as to simplify my TT by selling off some cartridges, the peripheral ring, power supply and exotic platter mats. After the fact, the only item I truly missed was the ring...it certainly helps with edge warps, and a flat record makes for a happy cartridge / tonearm. So when I spotted a second hand ring a few months ago, I pounced. Very happy to have the ring back, and it looks the business too.

[​IMG]

20. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

But in that picture the ring isn't holding down the record!

jawaka1000 and Waxxy like this.
  21. Waxxy

Waxxy Cold Turkey

Good eye! Most records get pretty flat with just the screw down clamp...but since that photo, I've gotten into the habit of using it for every record regardless.

22. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

Those things scare me!

action pact and Waxxy like this.
  23. Waxxy

Waxxy Cold Turkey

HA! I do avoid using the ring if I've been imbibing.

Slick Willie likes this.
  24. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

I hear ya'!
    Plus too EZ for a mishap even if not partaking.

25. Tom Littlefield

Tom Littlefield Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Update pic of my Barzetti with the TA-200 arm

Waxxy, TEA FOR ONE, tyinkc and 7 others like this.