The "Picture of your Turntable(s)" thread, Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MilesSmiles, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Glmoneydawg

Glmoneydawg Forum Resident

I've always admired the Technics tables from a technical standpoint...not so much visually.That is one beautiful turntable my friend....i get it now :)

aunitedlemon likes this.
  2. aunitedlemon

aunitedlemon Unity is in the pith.

I'm very grateful to have the one I do. I agree that other tables are more visually striking (solid wood plinths!) but this GAE will likely never die, at least I hope it outlives me. It's very easy to enjoy and downright unfussy. 40 lbs. of steadfast accuracy and exceptionally light on bs!

Joe Spivey and Glmoneydawg like this.
  3. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

So it's a sticker? It tricked me to think it's a display, since you said "mod".

4. myles

myles Argyle, before you ask ....

It's a good trick though. I like it @Phil Thien

5. Audio Gent

Audio Gent The Audio Gent

Pro-Ject 6 PerspeX SB with [​IMG] Low-Output Clearaudio Talismann V2.1 Gold.

mjcmt, Jim0830, Tlay and 9 others like this.
  6. aunitedlemon

Bwuhahahaha! Welcome back Shibata!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Gold Note PH-10 is all over this cartridge. Just as quiet as the higher output ART9XI. Any concerns I had regarding the delicate .2 mV output of the XA have been quashed.
    Shout out to @okc_craft for making the Hoffman classifieds a good place to shop.

7. Phil Thien

Phil Thien Forum Resident

Now I want a display and to be able to adjust loading, capacitance, and resistance via remote.

8. Davey

Davey NP: Hania Rani/Dobrawa Czocher ~ Inner Symphonies

You can pick up a used PS Audio Stellar for around $1500, though the MM input load is fixed, so remote would just be for input selection, gain, and MC resistance load. Of course, that's about 30 or 40 times more cost than your TC-750. You can get an inexpensive preamp input board from China with all the control relays set up for remote control operation, and wire them to resistors and capacitors instead to use with your TC-750 :)

9. Phil Thien

Phil Thien Forum Resident

I wonder if I could make something w/ an Arduino. Instead of a display and remote, I'd just make it work with my phone.

10. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh

Added new table couple weeks ago, replaces my Music Hall mmf-7.1 that I had added the 9cc tonearm as well was using a Cruise Control 2.0. This Project Xtension 10 Evolution is huge upgrade, the isolation is crazy. Everything is much bigger soundstage, low end and overall presence of music. I'm hearing much deeper into the grooves, tiny sounds are more pronounced and detailed, as well the 3D effects are well present. Still using the Lyra Delos and Musical Surroundings Nova II preamp......Very happy with this table! The finish is the olive wood version.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dylan Terhune, eis01, Kray and 26 others like this.
  11. Reesdog

Reesdog Forum Resident

Mint condition (new to me) Thorens TD 160 Super with Rega RB300 tonearm..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bought secondhand from a great and very helpful local fella, its been refurbished to the max, including a new Rosewood plinth.
    The turnable is from the late 70's - early 80's I believe, not sure of the exact year.
    Sound's exquisite. :agree:

eis01, Jay hartman, mjcmt and 28 others like this.
  12. MattHooper

MattHooper Forum Resident

I just bought a new Transrotor Konstant FMD Power supply for my Transrotor Fat B S turntable. This is Transrotor's top of the line controller and I happened upon a very rare deal for essentially new unit. This thing is a beast!

[​IMG]

It'sheavy, impeccably machined and finished, with a nice satisfying action to the speed control knob. Even the heat fins feel "nice" in the hand, finished to softened edges.

I think it looks nice in the rack too. My amplification and source equipment for both my home theater and 2 channel systems are in a separate room from the home theater/music listening room. The rack on the left is all 2 channel stuff (the new Transrotor controller beside my Benchmark pre-amp, under the Turntable). The right rack is mostly home theater stuff, except for one of my CJ premier 12 monoblocks on top, and my CJ 16LS2 tube preamp mid - rack:

[​IMG]

eis01, mjcmt, GyroT and 15 others like this.
  13. Seafinch

Seafinch Preferred Patron

Saw Quivers a few months back. Incredible show. Can’t wait to see them again.

Slippers-on, goldwax and _cruster like this.
  14. aunitedlemon

That speed controller looks monstrous and those appear to be very enviable stacks of gear. Looking good and no doubt sounding decadent.

MattHooper likes this.
  15. Petie53

Petie53 Forum Resident

This thread is incredible! I thank so many of you for your great photography, for your beautiful turntables and setups. I realize now I need to spend some serious time on my system to better display and improve access to my turntable.

AudioOut58, Slippers-on and Reesdog like this.
  16. beowulf

beowulf Forum Resident

The accessory kit on the right is super cool! Is that something you put together or for sale by someone?

17. aunitedlemon

Thanks, beowulf! That's just my own energy aimed towards tidiness, organization, and efficiency. I have a few pieces of acacia wood that I trimmed off a slab for some relatives' kitchen table and thought this was a good use of a smaller scrap.
    The go-to tools at the ready are;
    AT6012 "sonic broom",
    AT617a stylus cleaner,
    lens puffer bulb,
    click counter,
    and a small pump bottle w/ 3:1 distilled water/99% isopropyl.
    [​IMG]

18. C10

C10 eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we may die

PtP modded Lenco with:

• Schick arm and SPU
    • Audiomods arm and Charisma modded Denon 103
    I think it's amazing!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. beowulf

beowulf Forum Resident

Thanks for the links. I bet something like this would do really well listed on Etsy. I could see one of these on my record shelf!

aunitedlemon likes this.
  20. chipcalzada

chipcalzada Forum Resident

Very nice!

C10 likes this.
  21. Blue Nile Fan

Blue Nile Fan Forum Resident

Where did you get the RUSH bobbleheads? How much do you love the NAD CD player and Parasound amp? I have the NAD 316 CD player and Parasound P5 pre-amp and A23 amp and love them!

Catcher10 likes this.
  22. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh

I bought the Rush heads I think 2 years ago from the Rush site. The NAD C545BEE is very good IMO, not analytical at all has more of an analog sound to it. I don't play CDs that often, but it performs really well. I think Parasound products are excellent!! I've had the HINT for 4-5yrs now, back in Aug I bought an A21+ power amp and use the HINT as a preamp, that setup has taken my performance up several notches. I'm hoping they release the P8 preamp they were showing at Pacific AudioFest this past summer, I may look at that.

23. Slimwhit33

Slimwhit33 Forum Resident

Beautiful!

Harrocks and Catcher10 like this.
  24. Davey

Davey NP: Hania Rani/Dobrawa Czocher ~ Inner Symphonies

This one caught my eye just now, someone on USAM selling a DS Audio 003 cartridge and equalizer, and showing it in operation on my turntable!

Hehe, well, not exactly my turntable, though I do have the same Micro Seiki BL-91 and have posted a lot of pics around here. Would be a fun setup to try out :)

Anyway, some nice colors in the picture, though I cropped it a bit to leave out some background stuff ...

[​IMG]

eis01, tyinkc, Andy Saunders and 9 others like this.
  25. Joe F

Joe F Senior Member

eis01, Jay hartman, GyroT and 21 others like this.