The "Picture of your Turntable(s)" thread, Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MilesSmiles, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Slimwhit33

Slimwhit33 Forum Resident

You think right! Beautiful! And great pics!

C10 likes this.
  2. Slimwhit33

3. je245

je245 Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    Thorens TD124 + SME V + DL103

4. FalseMetal666

FalseMetal666 Forum Resident

KILLER. How’s the 103 behave on that arm (an ostensible mismatch according to the critics and scribes)?

bever70 and je245 like this.
  5. aunitedlemon

aunitedlemon Unity is in the pith.

You friend, have a beautiful collection of turntables and tonearms. What an awesome way to play. Well done!

6. je245

je245 Forum Resident

I wasn't aware that the SME V/DL103 was considered a mismatch in some circles.;)

[​IMG]

Sonically the TD124/SME V/DL103 combo took me back to the mid 90s when I just acquired my Garrard 301 and mounted the Rega RB300/DL103 as pictured above - very analytical and detailed. But is also sounds drier with less of the spaciousness and ambiance I hear in a concert hall. That's why I still prefer my 12" tonearms - Ortofon RMG309, Bokrand AB/AS309 and SME 3012.:)

For the record, I also mounted lighter/higher cu MCs on the SME V like the Fidelity Research MC44, GAS Sleeping Beauty and Ortofon MC10 MkII and the dry/analytical character of the SME V still prevailed.

7. FalseMetal666

FalseMetal666 Forum Resident

Fantastic, thanks for the insight!

je245 likes this.
  8. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

Is that the Acoustand JDM-1 plinth?
    How do you like it?
    Is it precisely made?
    What feet it has?
    Which arms are those?
    Is the bubble level sitting in a indent/recess?
    Is that a faceplate on the Technics or paint? Guessing it's a faceplate. Which manufacturer?
    Anything else you'd mention?
    :sweating:

gumsrave likes this.
  9. Seafinch

Seafinch Preferred Patron

Added this SL-1200GR to my secondary system a couple weeks back. Really digging it.
    [​IMG]

mjcmt, THOMAS STRAIGHT, Kray and 19 others like this.
  10. Joe F

Joe F Senior Member

Yes it’s a Acoustand plinth, I like it very much. Very well made and heavy and on the large side, 24 x 19 x 4. Took a while to get but I’m pleased with it. Only complaint are the feet. Rather lightweight plastic, one of which was broken in shipment, waiting on a replacement. I have the plinth sitting on Hudson Hi Fi Bigfoot feet right now. Upgraded feet might be something I do in the future. It was packed well but had a long journey from England and I’m sure knocked around.
    Both of the added arms are Audio Technica ATP arms. The one on the back is the ATP 12 and the one on the left is the ATP 16.
    The bubble level is just sitting on the plinth. Also well made, the plastic bubble is sitting in a nicely made piece of metal. It has mounting holes as well. Can’t remember where I got that.

And yes it is a face plate, I believe I got it here, Quality Electronics - Technics Face Plate in black for Technics SL-1200 / SL-1210 MK2 Turntables . I bought it a few years ago.
    I’m using this table for older less than pristine records which is what influenced my cartridge choices, along with the mass of the arms. ATP 12, Stanton, gold body 500, multiple stylus choices. ATP 16, Shure SC 35 in a Paradox Plulse mounting block. I might change that at some point.. The stock Technics arm has a Grado G-1 + with a green stylus. Fun solid table to use.

je245 likes this.
  11. je245

je245 Forum Resident

Nice!:righton:

12. Slimwhit33

Love the base. Looks fantastic!

Seafinch likes this.
  13. Reesdog

Reesdog Forum Resident

This looks really nice, what kind of timber is used for the base? I’m assuming it’s custom made so the 1200 just slots in there with its original feet taken off or the timber is a surround with no bottom piece? Also, there must be a gap/space cut out at the back of the wooden frame for connectivity? Very nicely done.

14. Seafinch

It's oak. The design is pretty smart as you can see from this post I made in the SL-1200 thread...

Reesdog likes this.
  15. ngower

ngower Forum Resident

Is this the etsy shop "Plinths for Turntables" or something to that effect?

16. Seafinch

That's the one.

17. Reever

Reever Forum Resident

18. Davey

Davey NP: Portishead ~ Portishead (1997)

That looks nice, so it's a Concept table sitting in the box, or is it attached in some way? Designed for it? And some Wilco :)

Reever likes this.
  19. Reever

Reever Forum Resident

Yes, designed for it. The table sit inside the enclosure on heavy Mapleshade brass feet on a slab of ash. The top edges of the plinth are lined with foam weather stripping so the table sits snuggly within the enclosure and helps reduce resonances further.

Works a charm and looks pretty good too.

20. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

Almost a year that I've been without, but today...

[​IMG]

21. je245

je245 Forum Resident

22. doug_s.

doug_s. Forum Resident

why do i think "pink triangle"?

jupiterboy likes this.
  23. NapaBob

NapaBob Forum Resident

A friend acquired this several years ago, but never could find a place in his listening room that worked. Rather than sell it, he asked me to baby-sit it for him. Well, duh!
    Transrotor Gravita with 12" Da Vinci tonearm.
    [​IMG]

eis01, mjcmt, Kray and 16 others like this.
  24. Jimi Floyd

Jimi Floyd Forum Resident

Introduce me to your friend, please.

jeffreybh likes this.
  25. Davey

Davey NP: Portishead ~ Portishead (1997)

Hubba hubba! That's a nice one :)

jeffreybh likes this.