The "Picture of your Turntable(s)" thread, Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MilesSmiles, Jul 29, 2013.

1. FalseMetal666

FalseMetal666 Forum Resident

Nice stuff! And the same pressing of Superunknown that I got!

Reesdog and bever70 like this.
  2. COBill

COBill Forum Resident

Given they, like all SR products, have a 30 day money-back guarantee if they do nothing for you, they're not a waste of money at all because only people who hear an improvement will keep them.

3. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

I have the same (lousy sounding) pressing. it's worth a few bucks apparently.

FalseMetal666 likes this.
  4. bever70

So everyone has this (lousy sounding) pressing?! Then why do people want to pay good money for it if it's not that rare?!

5. Reesdog

Reesdog Forum Resident

Yeah, I’ve heard before some people say this pressing isn’t that great, but I don’t have an issue with mine at all, it sounds absolutely amazing on my system, others who have visited my house and heard it have said only positive things about it as well.

Dylan Terhune likes this.
  6. bever70

Weird, mine has lots of background noise and is sibilant als hell (one of the only records in my collection that have this issue).

7. Old Zorki II

Old Zorki II Storm Watcher

$200 more expensive to be sure.

8. yamfan

yamfan Forum Resident

Nice rig. It takes me a while to decide which record to play and then which of my technics(SL-B2 or SL-D2) to play it on. I can't imagine how long it would take me if I had 3 turntables hooked up(I have a spare Harman Kardon T-25 in case of the vinylpocolypse).

9. Old Zorki II

Old Zorki II Storm Watcher

Will be in Germany on Munich High End Show, [;enty of great looking (and pricey) turntables will be shown! Will try to make some pics..
    Also hopefully visit Acoustic Solid Manufacture near Stuttgart, see if they talk to to move up to Solid Edition or (man, that would cost me) Royal...

Dubmart and GyroT like this.
  10. je245

je245 Forum Resident

11. Joy-of-radio

Joy-of-radio Forum Resident

This model was the best selling record player for many years during the first part of the 20th century. Acoustically recorded discs are still commonly found at junk shops and flea markets.

12. aunitedlemon

aunitedlemon Unity is in the pith.

My copy of Superunknown is a double LP on black 180 g vinyl and it sounds great. I love colored records but often times black vinyl is a safer bet for sound quality. I recently bought Hiatus Kaiyote's "Mood Valiant" on a colored disc and it's a bit noisy. I've been really enjoying that album so I bought another copy on black vinyl and it's much quieter. I'm not saying all colored vinyl is noisy, just that in my experience it's more likely to be compared to black.

Reesdog and bever70 like this.
  13. Lord Rocker

Lord Rocker Forum Resident

Great album. Must get her later albums. Nice TT also.

14. Davey

Davey NP: a.s.o. ~ a.s.o. (2023 LP)

That's maybe her best sounding album, except for the later Loops In The Secret Society 2-LP set that reimagined and remixed some of her best songs, but I love all her albums, even if the later ones don't sound particularly good. The second Fenella album (The Metallic Index) at the end of last year is pretty great too, and does sound good, highly recommended. If only they would do a vinyl reissue of The Fallen By Watch Bird, that would make a lot of us happy. She's obviously one of my favorites :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
  15. bever70

Yes, I know that now! But not when I was 24 yrs old and saw that Superunknown at my shop in orange which I found really cool at the time :cool:.

aunitedlemon likes this.
  16. Reesdog

Reesdog Forum Resident

I have that newer reissue of Superunknown on black vinyl too and it does sound very nice, it is a remaster though so it does sound quite different. If I’m in the mood for that particular record (it’s one of my favourite ever albums) I reach for the original pictured in a post above, found secondhand online only a couple of years ago in mint condition. Best I’ve heard the album..

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
    Daniel Thomas and aunitedlemon like this.
  17. Lord Rocker

Lord Rocker Forum Resident

Do check out Gulp - Season Sun which is cut from a very similar cloth as Weavers music. Great sounding vinyl too. Going cheap on Discogs.

18. Davey

Davey NP: a.s.o. ~ a.s.o. (2023 LP)

Thanks, I did just listen to some of the Gulp album on bandcamp and it is good. I'll have to give it a full listen. Right now I've got the great Carla dal Forno The Garden on the table, just a 4-song EP, 45rpm, so 2 songs per side. Love this record, play it all the time. She's someone you'd probably like, if not already familiar. There's a big thread in the music section where we talk about a lot of these bands in the Stereolab and Broadcast universe, it has really become a treasure trove of finds for those of us that love this kind of music ... Bands like Stereolab and Broadcast ...

[​IMG]

GyroT, Aftermath, eis01 and 10 others like this.
  19. nomad709

nomad709 Forum Resident

The dynamic duo, a 1200GR/1210GR setup

[​IMG]

FramboGND, 33na3rd, GyroT and 18 others like this.
  20. Ingenieur

Ingenieur Just a dog looking for a home...

Changes since last time
    Wood trim
    AT33PTGii
    Feet (?)

[​IMG]

21. nomad709

nomad709 Forum Resident

Woah, that GR with the walnut trim and silver feet works so well. Nice table!

Ingenieur likes this.
  22. Glmoneydawg

Glmoneydawg Forum Resident

Looks pretty slick bud :righton:

Ingenieur likes this.
  23. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

How about a floating wall mount for the table?

24. Ingenieur

Ingenieur Just a dog looking for a home...

Lol
    Tried it
    This is much more solid

struttincool likes this.
  25. hesson11

hesson11 Forum Resident

Much handsomer than stock. Beautiful. May I ask where you got the wood frame? Or did you make it yourself?

Ingenieur likes this.