The Police - Every Move You Make: The Studio Recordings 40th anniversary collection*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Caruso65, Aug 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirror Image

Mirror Image Forum Resident

Huge Police fan here. I’d love to see deluxe treatments of Ghost in the Machine, Synchronicity, and Zenyatta Mondatta, but as many members have pointed out, I don’t really see anything happening and it’s not like there’s much to be uncovered anyway or, at least, to my knowledge.

Jarleboy likes this.
  2. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

wait another 10 years !

3. Ryan Lux

Ryan Lux Senior Member

I would love some early takes/mixes. There's gotta be a bunch of that kind of stuff.

noahjld likes this.
  4. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

My favorite too , even though they used parts of it for other songs i wish they'd dig up a great quality copy of this , it's so good !!

5. wildstar

wildstar Senior Member

They did put out a live (2CD) set over 20 years ago, and there's a CD floating out there that compiles the songs that were left off the so-called "complete" Message In A Box collection. IIRC it consisted of 16 songs.

As for the question of will they ever do any more touring - NO! For all the reasons already listed by others, as well as one additional reason not already mentioned. Sting and Copeland are in their mid 60s now, but Summers is now in his mid 70s, so...

Also Sting won't even compile his own solo B-sides and rarities/outtakes. When asked about it he's said he's not interested as its too much work and that recording a new album from scratch is less work and much more fun, than scouring the vaults.

So what does that say about the likelihood that he'd be willing to do so for The Police?

Hep Alien, Jarleboy and Christopher B like this.
  6. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Hmmmm - what were the 16 tunes missing from the Message in a Box set? (Unofficial / grey i assume?)

7. tensummoner

tensummoner wish i had a nickle.. thats it just wish i had 1

i kinda agree with you , but i dont think it a lack of need of money issue. Im a huge Sting fan, obviously ( tensummoner), my opinion is he is a bit more philosophical and spiritual than most artists. he probably knows if they get back together that the moments and music that created the fanbase would be somewhat set up to get thier Tits milked rather than offer them something "new". i firmly think he knows "you cannot step in the same river twice". Sting is not a corporate whore like many other "gods" have proven to be ....sadly.

as harsh as i have been on Eric C for their whimsy lackluster Cream 2005 reunion. id hate to have that same thing happen to our beloved Police.
    would i like to see them play together again, of course!! maybe as a spotlight or honored band on a music awards... or better still a charity concert to benefit a cause.

Jarleboy and Christopher B like this.
  8. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

MOFI One Step Synchronicity please.

9. Terry

Terry Senior Member

I was here.

Christopher B likes this.
  10. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Andy said last year I think in an interview that they would start 40th Anniversay this year, I did post link on some Police here, but cant find it now, maybe plans have changed

Christopher B likes this.
  11. Christopher B

Christopher B Forum Resident

I wonder if he meant LP/CD reissues. I know their touring days are over.

12. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

13. Christopher B

Christopher B Forum Resident

Im in for whatever LP re-releases are in store. I have all originals and the recent Ghost Abbey Road reissue but am clamoring for Zenyatta and Synchronicity reissues and deluxe editions of their albums.

14. Margrave

Margrave I'll Give It 5

Stings New York
    Penthouse apartment was put up for sale a couple of months ago for a few million dollars.
    Don't know if it's been sold yet.

Hep Alien likes this.
  15. mcwlod

mcwlod Outside Looking In

Deluxe sets with live albums on 2cd would be great, but personally what I'd like the most are new, great sounding remasters/remixes.
    Both originals and current remasters on cd sound pretty poorly.

Jarleboy and Christopher B like this.
  16. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I feel like there's definitely a core audience for more live material, covering the tours not represented on that one. I mean, if The Jam can put out as much live vault material as they have in recent years, there's definitely a market for more Police.

Jarleboy and longdist01 like this.
  17. I'd be all for more live material, of every tour. But especially any unreleased studio demos and such. Cheesy as some of those Sting demos are from around 1981 (iirc), they've all grown on me a ton over the years ('so bad, they're good?' - honestly, I can't tell any more). There's at least one or two that sound like TV sitcom jingles, iirc -- just dreadful -- but I'd buy a legit CD release of anything/everything Police-related that was unreleased studio stuff, good or 'bad', no matter.

Hep Alien and Jarleboy like this.
  18. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Resident

More than a tour, I wanted these guys to put out a new album.

I just know they could whip a few Sting ditties into shape.

19. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

I wonder if they are waiting until Christmas to release anything.

20. Eric Weinraub

Eric Weinraub Forum Resident

I doubt Abbey Road mastering is going to be better than the Robert Ludwig mastering....actually, NO WAY, its going to be better.

21. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Mother is one of the worst songs I've ever heard! I still can't believe that it made it on to Synchronicity :rolleyes:.

DonnyMe, ricks and Porkpie like this.
  22. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

Toss in a 5.1 mix while you're at it.

DonnyMe, jamesc and Jarleboy like this.
  23. Jerry James

Jerry James Rorum Fesident

Absolutely!

Jarleboy likes this.
  24. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh

I saw the Synchronicity tour in '83-84 (I think), fantastic show and clearly they were at the top of their game by then. Actually they came in at the top of their game, but I think any studio footage will only show how much they fought a lot of the time.

25. I could see it working with a rearrangement and a decent vocal melody. The ironic part is that Sting said he loved great and insisted it go on the album.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.