The Prisoner - Complete Megaset $58 on amazon

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by stereoptic, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff Thread Starter

The Prisoner - Complete Series Megaset (40th Anniversary Edition) (1968)

I've never seen it this cheap!

2. Eli

Eli Party Coordinator

On the subject of cheap A&E DVD box sets, you can get some of the Gerry Anderson complete series sets for insanely low prices through Amazon's Marketplace. NEW copies of the complete Joe 90 are available starting at $3.95!!! (Amazon's price: $71.99)

3. Andrew T.

Andrew T. Out of the Vein

I noticed the $99.95 Terrahawks set being sold by "Marketplace" sellers for $16.00 on a similar note, and do find it tempting. I have to wonder, though: Why is this happening...just supply exceeding demand? Shouldn't there be a catch somewhere? :confused:

4. Eli

Eli Party Coordinator

I bought my copy of Terrahawks about a year ago for $9.00. It's definitely a case of supply exceeding demand. A couple of other Gerry Anderson series (Four Feather Falls and Torchy the Battery Boy) were subsequently released in the UK, but not the US, sadly enough.

I noticed that a number of A&E box sets showed up as overstock at some retailers for as little as $9.99, and shortly thereafter the prices plummeted among Amazon Marketplace sellers. The same thing happened after SCTV box sets arrived in Dollar General stores for $10 each -- the lowest price on Amazon dropped to more than half of its previous level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.