The Raspberries - scratch-and-sniff sticker?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GeddyLeeFan, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeddyLeeFan

GeddyLeeFan Active Member Thread Starter

Just a quick question:

I just completed my Raspberries collection by picking up their first LP (goodbye RPM twofers!), and although there's still a faint scent of raspberry, there's no sticker to be found on the cover. Was this sticker made to be easily removed or were there later pressings with no sticker at all? :confused:

Thanks!

2. tspit74

tspit74 Senior Member

Mine doesn't have the sticker or any trace of the scent. I'm not the original owner though. Good luck on completing your Raspberries collection. I did the same earlier this year. It took me awhile to find clean copies of Fresh Raspberries and Starting Over.

3. GeddyLeeFan

Hmm... Maybe I should have another sniff, because, come to think of it, I don't actually remember how raspberries should smell. The scent I noticed could've been from the previous owner's perfume/pot/pet... I'll go and look for a jar of raspberry jam in the kitchen and compare. :shh:

4. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Were the stickers on all worldwide copies, or just USA pressings?

5. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Original covers had a sticker, it did smell(mine still does), but wouldn't say it smells like Rapsberries, it just smells 'sweet.'

Not that anyone should really care, you know....:D

:ed:

6. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

The scented sticker was on the shrinkwrap. I believe that the logo was printed directly on the album cover on later pressings of the LP.

I still have the sticker tucked inside my LP, but it lost its scent ages ago. Sort of a sweet fruity smell, not necessarily raspberryish.

7. MikeM

MikeM Senior Member

Correct. While the original album had nothing but blue sky above the photo of the four guys (with the sticker on the shrink wrap), later pressings had that same logo imprinted on the cover in the blue sky area.

The shrink wrap is still on my LP, and the sticker still retains its scent. I always thought it smelled raspberryish...but maybe it was just the power of suggestion!

8. bangsezmax

bangsezmax Forum Resident

I bought mine used, but it had the sticker right on the cover. Still smells. . . .

Groundhog713 likes this.
  9. GeddyLeeFan

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. My copy has nothing but the photo and a blue sky, which I suppose indicates that it's a first pressing...

Groundhog713 likes this.
  10. bugdaddy

bugdaddy Forum Resident

i bought mine from the RCA record club way back when, and it too has the still-smelly sticker right on the cover.

Groundhog713 likes this.
  11. Drawer L

Drawer L Forum Resident In Memoriam

I've never seen one with anything PRINTED on the cover.I have seen ones with the scratch n' sniff 'Raspberries' sticker,usually on the shrink,stuck on the cover,in the blue area,right from the factory.
    There ARE copies with a big "Don't Want To Say Goodbye"/"Go All The Way" sticker on the shrink.....
    And they ALL still smell!!!
    (Great album,in desperate need of a US reissue....)

12. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Hi,

Yes, this needs a nice USA reissue! My Toshiba Pastmasters Japan CD got stolen out of my old car way back. I would love to have this again. Don't Want To Say Goodbye is one of my fave slow tempo 45's. I think Go All The Way is one of the best 100 rock tunes ever! The Raspberries are Sweet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.