The Rolling Stones- Goat's Head Soup song-by-song discussion!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ohnothimagen, Oct 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!" Thread Starter

I don't know if I'd say that- Mick in particular wanted Woody's ass outta the band more than once when Ron's drinking and drugging started getting out of control, Ronnie didn't really get a lot of support there- especially in the early eighties when he was into freebasing and the late 90's, when the booze was really taking its toll on him, they made things pretty uncomfortable for Ronnie if he didn't straighten out. Fortunately he did- making several concerted efforts at first before the rehab finally stuck- otherwise I doubt Ron Wood would still be a Rolling Stone now.
    I'd almost be brazen to say that when MT accepted Jagger's offer to join the band he didn't think it all the way through, just thought, "F--k yeah, I'll join the Stones!" (to be fair, though, who wouldn't? Well, other than Jeff Beck:D) without seriously considering the potential repercussions on his own musicianship and lifestyle (remember, Taylor was a fairly innocent non drinking, pot smoking vegetarian when he joined the band- that soon changed:laugh:)I reckon Taylor had no idea what he was really getting into and though he might have hidden it well at first it probably didn't take long for him to become disenchanted with the idea of being a Rolling Stone.

2. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

It has been said before that perhsps one should not ask why Mick Taylor left the Stones but why he joined them. On the innocent part he said more recently that he lost most of that pre Stones despite looking angelic to some.

3. ohnothimagen

Indeed, that may just be the better question. And, almost fifty years down the road his stock reply of "I don't know..." in regard to why he quit may be just as applicable as to why he joined them in the first place.

Hep Alien likes this.
  4. ohnothimagen

In honour of Canada finally legalizing de 'erb a couple of weeks back, I went out and got a little bit for the weekend. Tangerine Dream, a sativa strain. Then I put on Goats Head Soup. Perfect:righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.