The Rolling Stones - It’s Only Rock N Roll boxset 1990 Mick Taylor Signed

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Carl80, Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident Thread Starter

H

Wondering if any Stones collectors or anyone else knows anything about this boxset below , I’m talking to someone about buying a mint copy but I’m struggling to find much out, there’s only 2500 apparently signed by Mick Taylor, wondering why he put his signature to it as apparently it’s a official release from the label ?

Maybe cause it’s the last album he played on but still wondering why he was involved with an official release round that time ?

Cheers

The Rolling Stones - It's Only Rock 'N Roll

2. I bought it when it was released. IIRC, the outer packaging was box-set sized (but plastic) and Taylor’s autograph is on a part of the packaging. It’s bundled with a German release of the CD. Nothing unique audio-wise, the value is in the autograph.

Carl80 likes this.
  3. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks , what is the booklet like ? Is the tongue logo anywhere on the box or in the book ?

4. I don't have the set handy, but I don't recall the tongue logo on the box or book. From what I gathered at the time, an independent company bought a bunch of the IORR CDs, made some packaging to put them in and struck a deal with M. Taylor to sign them. In other words, the box isn't authorized by The Stones.

Carl80 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.