The same song but different titles?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Rufus rag, Jun 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mahanusafa02

mahanusafa02 Forum Resident

Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass did a number called "El Presidente" on South Of The Border, which was a reorchestration of Sol Lake's "Winds of Barcelona" that had appeared on their album Volume 2.

2. HorseyAnn

HorseyAnn Equine-loving, rhyme-artist

Patsy Cline's 2 cigarettes in an ash-tray on some cassettes is called 3 cigarettes in an ash-tray on other cassettes.

3. CliffL

CliffL Forum Resident

I was just posting about this song on a Tim Buckley thread a few days ago...I first heard the Blood Sweat and Tears version circa 1971 -at the time I didn't know the artist or song title,but I loved the moody, mysterious vibe. Then the following year I discovered Tim Buckley and bought the Goodbye and Hello LP and discovered Morning Glory and realized that the song I'd heard earlier was a cover-I really liked Tim's original version also. I didn't hear Linda Ronstadt's until a couple years ago. Great song!

Hall Cat likes this.
  4. CliffL

CliffL Forum Resident

I remember reading the back story of this song...written by Linda Creed.

paulewalnutz likes this.
  5. Rojo

Rojo Forum Resident

"Sloop John B" (Beach Boys - Pet Sounds)

"I Wanna Go Home" (Van Morrison/Lonnie Donegan - The Skiffle Sessions)

6. MonkeyLizard

MonkeyLizard Forum Resident

The famous Surf Rider from the movie Pulp Fiction is a re-recording of The Ventures’ original Spudnik.

Natural E likes this.
  7. ACAB

ACAB Forum Resident

Pink Floyd turned Careful With That Axe Eugene into Come In Number 51 Your Time Is Up on the Zabriskie Point soundtrack.
    It’s based much more on the Pompeii live version than the studio recording (a B-side) but it’s the same song.

8. Herman Schultz

Herman Schultz Forum Resident

Wow. Dave Gilmour gets the blame for that. He "wrote" the music to "White City Fighting." Pete wrote the lyrics.

'05Train likes this.
  9. Mingus - “Goodbye Pork Pie Hat”/“Theme for Lester Young”

10. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

In 1959, Paul Anka wrote and recorded a song called "It's Really Love" for the soundtrack of a movie. In the U.S., it was an album cut, though it was released as a single in some countries outside the U.S.

A year later, Annette Funicello recorded a cover, and Tutti's Trumpets with the Camarata Strings did an instrumental version retitled "Toot Sweet (It's Really Love)".

In 1962, this song gained a third title: "The Tonight Show Theme".

11. PineBark

PineBark formerly known as BackScratcher

"Die Moritat von Mackie Messer" or simply "Die Moritat" (a.k.a. "Murder Ballad"), mostly known in English as "Mack the Knife"

12. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

The Who

Circles/Instant Party*

*Yes, I know the title IP was a mistake as there was a song called that.

Herman Schultz likes this.
  13. classicrockguy

classicrockguy Forum Resident

LOL thread winner haha :laugh:

14. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Elton John-- Sartorial Eloquence. Titled "Don't You Wanna Play This Game No More (Sartorial Eloquence)" on the 45.

15. davebush

davebush New Test Leper

Brian Eno - "Glint" (released on limited flexi-disc) was renamed "Lanzarote" and included on "The Shutov Assembly. He's done this a few other times as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.