DCC Archive The Seeds 2-on-1 UK CDs

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Douglas, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Douglas

Douglas New Member Thread Starter

Anyone bought them and have an opinion on their sound? I have the original vinyl and like the sound, do the CDs sound any better? Anyone know if there are any decent sounding Troggs CDs out there, while on the subject of '60 garage punk?

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

The Troggs Anthology from Bill Ingot (Fontana/PGD) sounded really nice and as a packed 2 CD set, was quite a package. I saw it in the used racks for about $17.00. I'd think it'd still be in print, but most places show it's not.

I must have "Wild Thing" on about 20 CDs in my collection.... "Love Is All Around", about 2 places.

3. pauljones

pauljones Forum Chef

If you can, try to dig up the GNP Crescendo cd from 1987. It includes the debut album along with their second, "A Web of Sound", minus the track "Lose Your Mind" from the debut. No remastering information; sounds just like the vinyl! It is copyrighted 1987 GNP Crescendo Records, and pressed by LaserVideo, Inc. 19 tracks. Sckott, I transferred a copy of the Troggs' "Love Is All Around" LP to cd from my vinyl. Raw and trashy--includes "Gonna Make You", "66-54321", I Can't Control Myself, and other nuggets. Unfortunately a very worn used LP store "giveaway" but listenable.

4. Pat

Pat Forum Detective

Speaking of Seeds:
    Is Pushin' Too Hard available in Stereo anywhere? Was it stereo on the original vinyl lp? I already have it in mono on a few CDs.

5. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

"Pushing Too Hard" was a mono recording, done on the cheap at Gold Star Studios.

There is an annoying fake stereo version made for the stereo LP that keeps popping up everywhere. I wish they would razor blade that tape already!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.